Place: British Virgin Islands

crap
No votes
not crap
100%

Total votes : 2

Place: British Virgin Islands

Postby travelin_pete on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:50 am

What say you? I'm headed there in less than two weeks.
travelin_pete
viceroy
viceroy

Re: Place: British Virgin Islands

Postby 154 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:02 pm

Ah man.. I took a boat trip to The Baths on Virgin Gorda as a teenager and it was awesome. We walked/crawled through some rock formations on the water (making sure not to step on sea urchins who hide in holes) and jumped off a 20-ish foot rock cliff into swimming pool blue ocean water. Then ate fried conch on the beach. NC!
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby travis k on Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:10 pm

I initially read this as Vegan Islands and it didn’t seem as absurd to me as it should have right off the bat. Sign of the times.
travis k
saw big cat
saw big cat

Postby travelin_pete on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:01 am

154 wrote:Ah man.. I took a boat trip to The Baths on Virgin Gorda as a teenager and it was awesome. We walked/crawled through some rock formations on the water (making sure not to step on sea urchins who hide in holes) and jumped off a 20-ish foot rock cliff into swimming pool blue ocean water. Then ate fried conch on the beach. NC!

Yes! I went when I was like 8 or so, then again when I was 20. We did the Baths the first time but not the second. This time around we're not boating but kicking around Tortola for a week. The Baths is for sure on this list, with Jost and Anegada too.

Can't wait.
travelin_pete
viceroy
viceroy

Postby owen on Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:19 pm

When I was there I just followed a few locals around, there was a dock where you just bought fresh fish for peanuts and they would fillet the fish for you, cook the fish on a fire on the beach, I was just living off of fresh fish, fresh fruit juice, cheap rum, and conch fritters and soup. Swam in warm beautiful water. As soon as you proved to the locals you weren't an asshole, felt like things opened up even more. I wanted to fake my death and never leave.
owen
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Return to Crap / Not Crap