Presidential Candidate: Amy Klobuchar

Crap
84%
Not Crap
16%

Total votes : 19

Re: Presidential Candidate: Amy Klobuchar

Postby rayword45 on Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:20 pm

The only candidate I dislike more than her is Buttigieg. I don't consider Gabbard a real candidate, her entire run is an attempt to get a Fox News contract.

Buttigieg seems more fraudulent and Klobuchar at least gives the staff she abuses healthcare
rayword45
jasper johns
jasper johns

Postby Me Again on Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:20 pm

Bloomberg and Trump are both NYC billionaires and ex-golfing buddies, but that's not the only thing they have in common: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... erg-women/

If this guy didn't have a pile of money to waste on his vainglorious bid for POTUS, fueled in no small part by his and his buddies' fear of Bernie becoming president, he wouldn't even be in this conversation.

And worst of all, it's this late in the game, and he hasn't even been "vetted" in terms of having his ideas/platform/political history challenged in any way on a debate stage. He doesn't have a grassroots constituency either.

I would take Klobuchar over this guy easily. Biden's better as well.

But you know, maybe the answer to our problems is to have two super-rich guys go head-to-head like a crappy version of Robot Jox.
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
the white ho
the white ho

Postby enframed on Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:22 pm

nihil wrote:Who are the two morons that voted not crap? That's the big story.

[raises hand]

Envision, if you will, that Crap/Not Crap on a scale of 0-100, 0 being complete crap, 100 being complete not crap. Maybe she's a 51. Or, in a parlance of the PRF, NC, with a side all-you-can-eat Belgian waffles with maple and raspberry flavored syrup, Cool-Whip, and Hershey's chocolate syrup.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby the_joe_lemur on Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:05 am

Me Again wrote:a crappy version of Robot Jox

so, Robot Jox
The FM formerly known as lemur68

sulfur)addict wrote:Jordan Peterson is the Limp Bizkit of educated thought.
the_joe_lemur
curler
curler

Postby Me Again on Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:58 am

the_joe_lemur wrote:

so, Robot Jox

Haha!

Correction: I meant an "even crappier" version of Robot Jox.

That was a movie we made fun of even at age eleven.

"We can LIVE!"
Me Again
the white ho
the white ho

Postby Clyde on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:45 am

I do have to give Klobuchar credit for her total and visceral contempt for Mayor Pete. Her loathing for him is so pure. Other than watching Bloomberg eat shit it has been the only reason to watch the debates.
NewDarkAge wrote:Dialectics, mate. No easy answers.
Clyde
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby placeholder on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:57 am

Her platform is right-wing CRAP, obviously, but I hope she whips a stapler into Mayo Pete's face before this primary is over.

Me Again wrote:
the_joe_lemur wrote:

so, Robot Jox

Robot Jox rules!!
placeholder
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby Angus Jung on Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:42 pm

Clyde wrote:I do have to give Klobuchar credit for her total and visceral contempt for Mayor Pete. Her loathing for him is so pure. Other than watching Bloomberg eat shit it has been the only reason to watch the debates.

I think what drives the hatred, besides Mayo's general hate-ability, is the fact that he has this level of credibility and clout in the Democratic party, and in this election, while doing basically nothing to earn it (mayor of fucking South Bend??), while she has toiled in the political salt mines for a long time in order to get where she is. And she's watching him eclipse her. There's a real element of sexism in the whole situation that she must viscerally feel.

Don't get me wrong: she's a very bad person, and not just for abusing her staff.

One month later, the day before Burrell's indictment, his mother was driving back to Bemidji after a prison visit. She swerved off the road, crashing into a tree. The car burst into flames, killing her.

Klobuchar denied Burrell's request to go to his mother's funeral. He was, she said, a threat to society.

Straight-up evil.
Angus Jung
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Me Again on Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:01 pm

Angus Jung wrote:Don't get me wrong: she's a very bad person, and not just for abusing her staff.

FM askii had posted a similar article upthread, and that is pretty damning, as far as her professional history goes. I don't want to think about whether that's par for the course for a high-profile prosecutor. Kamala Harris is out, but she didn't have a spotless record, either.

placeholder wrote:Robot Jox rules!!

For a feature-length film that often resembles a TV pilot, it is reasonably entertaining.
Me Again
the white ho
the white ho

Postby askii on Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:32 pm

Me Again wrote:
Angus Jung wrote:Don't get me wrong: she's a very bad person, and not just for abusing her staff.

FM askii had posted a similar article upthread, and that is pretty damning, as far as her professional history goes. I don't want to think about whether that's par for the course for a high-profile prosecutor.

She's also a wholly owned subsidiary of Cargill.

I mean, whatever. Dunking on Bloomberg is much more fun, and much more necessary at this point. But I, too, hope Amy throws a stapler at Pete's head tonight. Thought it was going to happen last time, as punctuation to the "memorized a bunch of talking points and things" zinger.
askii
julie from mod squad
julie from mod squad

Postby enframed on Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:10 am

Me Again wrote:

FM askii had posted a similar article upthread, and that is pretty damning, as far as her professional history goes. I don't want to think about whether that's par for the course for a high-profile prosecutor. Kamala Harris is out, but she didn't have a spotless record, either.

I had not seen that information and it is indeed pretty damning. I'd still take her as POTUS over Biden, Pete, or Bloomberg.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Angus Jung on Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:27 pm

Klobuchar Blocked Obama's Push for Child Farmworker Safety Rules

Child farmworkers are killed at six times the rate of other child workers. The majority of these workers are Latino immigrants, who often work alongside their parents while traveling country looking for temporary work.

In 2011, the Obama Administration proposed a rule that would have expanded workplace safety protections for children working on farms.

However, in her first term as Senator, Amy Klobuchar helped lead a rogue band of five business-friendly Democrats to successfully conspire with the Republicans in preventing Obama’s Department of Labor from enacting landmark protections for child farmworkers.

Psychopath.
Angus Jung
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Wood Goblin on Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:44 pm

She just announced she’s dropping out and endorsing Biden.
Wood Goblin
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Me Again on Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:27 pm

Seems a little suspect that both Klobuchar and Buttigieg dropped out in less than 24 hours of each other, before Super Tuesday, and are now scheduled to endorse Biden together at a rally in Texas. Can't help but think some sort of maneuvering went on behind the scenes.
Me Again
the white ho
the white ho

Postby PARPS on Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:00 pm

All well and good until Amy staplers Pete on stage
PARPS
utility man
utility man

Postby curry pervert on Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:47 pm

Me Again wrote:Seems a little suspect that both Klobuchar and Buttigieg dropped out in less than 24 hours of each other, before Super Tuesday, and are now scheduled to endorse Biden together at a rally in Texas. Can't help but think some sort of maneuvering went on behind the scenes.

+1
curry pervert
norse
norse

Postby Me Again on Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:07 pm

curry pervert wrote:
Me Again wrote:Seems a little suspect that both Klobuchar and Buttigieg dropped out in less than 24 hours of each other, before Super Tuesday, and are now scheduled to endorse Biden together at a rally in Texas. Can't help but think some sort of maneuvering went on behind the scenes.

+1

Can't find a source online at the moment to corroborate it, but I heard Obama called them (and O'Rourke).
Me Again
the white ho
the white ho

Postby curry pervert on Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:22 pm

Wouldn't surprise me. Push Biden while Warren stays in splitting Sanders vote.
curry pervert
norse
norse

Postby AdamN on Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:31 pm

Me Again wrote:
curry pervert wrote:

+1

Can't find a source online at the moment to corroborate it, but I heard Obama called them (and O'Rourke).

This is from Twitter, take it with a large grain of salt.

https://twitter.com/lkpscs/status/1234725728073244673
AdamN
godot
godot

Postby Me Again on Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:20 am

If this is the way the DNC insists on playing it, then they're clearly not interested in democracy.

Before South Carolina, Biden was dead in the water, but now he's been resuscitated. Good luck winning the general.
Me Again
the white ho
the white ho

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap