17%
Nobody
70%
Clinton
9%

Total votes : 23

Re: Warren will endorse:

Postby tmidgett on Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:14 am

Justin Foley wrote:You know what, I'm going to leave that there ^ although I'm tempted to erase it.

Apologies. There are a lot of people on this forum and elsewhere who have been uniquely inspired and energized by Bernie Sanders. The news tonight is really bad and if you're one of those folks, you're probably depressed as hell.

Salut to you all, let's figure out how to live to fight another day. Grouchy internet snipers be damned, myself included.

= Justin

I'm not depressed. It was always a very big lift.

How much farther along are we because of Bernie and the movement he's in front of? A lot.

It doesn't feel that way when you watch spectral old Uncle Joe up there barely getting through the 'prompter.

But it coulda been Klob, or Mayo, or Kamala Harris. Then you're in for another 4-12yrs of centrist dingdongery guaranteed.

Bernie made it tough for them to get sustained traction. They had no ideas, and ideas mattered for a while, in a primary campaign, which basically never happens. I mean...the closest in my lifetime was Bill Bradley in 2000. And they didn't end up mattering much at all then.

Joe doesn't stand for anything in particular, and he is a relic. In these exact times, his relic status is oddly a kind of plus for him. If he holds it together (open question), he'll probably win.

The youth vote is always a mirage. Those kids are going to have to get older and get to the polls if anything is gonna move in the right direction in terms of actual power. But in terms of policy and outlook, things are a lot different, even compared to 4yrs ago.

Liz sorta abdicated her position on the national stage over the last few weeks. Various stages of panic and overcalculation and raw ambition have led to her currency, such as it was, being basically set on fire. I think she's destined to be a fringe figure from here on out. It's too bad.
tmidgett
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby andteater on Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:45 am

tmidgett wrote:Joe doesn't stand for anything in particular, and he is a relic. In these exact times, his relic status is oddly a kind of plus for him. If he holds it together (open question), he'll probably win.

i see so much shit online this morning about who is to blame for Bernie's loss and i think it is sad because it fails to recognize the statement above. the amount of voters that are just absolutely exhausted by the Trump presidency is high. while a ton of people love the idea of M4A and more social justice, i think the easiest explanation is that they just want things to go back to what they perceive as "normal"

if Bernie was promising a shock to the system, it would be a positive shock, but still so much drama. fights with congress, the senate, etc. i assume that to the majority of voters that just seems overwhelming at this point.
andteater
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:47 am

Justin Foley wrote:Apologies. There are a lot of people on this forum and elsewhere who have been uniquely inspired and energized by Bernie Sanders. The news tonight is really bad and if you're one of those folks, you're probably depressed as hell.

Frankly, any Bernie supporter who needs ‘time to mourn’ needs to toughen up.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Lesser Snake “Bali Gold”
llllllllllllllllllllllll
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap