Run to the Hills...away from this CRAP
31%
Die with Your Boots On...rocking to this metallic NOT CRAP
69%

Total votes : 167

BAND: Iron Maiden

Postby Brett Eugene Ralph on Thu May 05, 2005 2:16 pm

Maiden.

From start to finish, including both the Paul Di'anno and Bruce Dickinson eras (hint: that's the tough part).
Brett Eugene Ralph
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby TheMilford on Thu May 05, 2005 2:25 pm

Only two forgettable albums with that Blaze guy... but the rest, NOT CRAP!

My three tops:
Killers
Piece of mind
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

but I like or love most of 'em

Steve Harris RULEZ!
TheMilford
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby placeholder on Thu May 05, 2005 2:32 pm

I like 'em. The only album I have is Piece of Mind, but I've heard most of their stuff and enjoy most of it. Certainly NOT CRAP.

Also: Six! One-Six! The number of the beast!
Last edited by placeholder on Thu May 05, 2005 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
placeholder
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby cjh on Thu May 05, 2005 2:39 pm

Last year I flew to beautiful Croatia (Eastern Italia) for my holidays, idling flipping though the featureless figures adopting crash positions and tax-deducted cut glass scotch tumblers and whatnot I stumbled on the staggering revelation that the first officer of the airline I was flying with was none other than Bruce Dickinson, I sat for most of the flight pinned to my seat hoping he'd announce we were flying over the alps or experiencing mild turbulence in a baroque and strained falsetto.
cjh
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby cprlcoffee on Thu May 05, 2005 3:28 pm

I went to see Motorhead, Dio and Maiden a couple of years ago and it rocked. You would not believe some of the people that were there some major mullet farmers and beer gutted white trash. While standing in line for a beer I noticed these guys in front of me. Their complexion was dark and they had some serious hair. I thought to myself and went through the checklist I knew they weren't any other nationality except Native American. So I started a conversation with them. I thought "Hey, they might be here by themselves" and offered our small groups company and a joint. They took neither as half of their tribe was there! I had a thoroughly rocking time and it was the first that I have ever met a Native American at a metal show. And of course Eddie made two appearances, once behind the stage with the gigantic Eddie head that the brain gets removed from, to the delight of all in attendance. Thanks Maiden!
cprlcoffee
howard shore
howard shore

Postby toomanyhelicopters on Thu May 05, 2005 3:30 pm

Maiden rocks.
LVP wrote:If, say, 10% of lions tried to kill gazelles, compared with 10% of savannah animals in general, I think that gazelle would be a lousy racist jerk.
toomanyhelicopters
priss

Postby Hour_of_the_Wolf on Thu May 05, 2005 6:35 pm

Hour_of_the_Wolf
total piece of shit
total piece of shit

Postby Brett Eugene Ralph on Thu May 05, 2005 9:00 pm

Hour_of_the_Wolf wrote:Brett,

this fucker was already done

http://www.electricalaudio.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4200&highlight=iron+madien

My bad, but something needs to be done to streamline the search function because I searched "Iron Maiden" (in quotes), and you'd think that the thread with it as the subject would come first--or at least in the first two pages. I don't know about you all, but, despite the amount of time I burn posting here, I have no desire to get carsick scrolling through fifteen pages to make sure a topic hasn't already been done.

Brad?!! Help!
Brett Eugene Ralph
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Hour_of_the_Wolf on Thu May 05, 2005 9:04 pm

This is why I started another thread about search engines, and the imperfections of them. It isn't intended as a personal criticism of anyone. Don't forget to vote crap for it! :wink:
Hour_of_the_Wolf
total piece of shit
total piece of shit

Postby Schadenfreude on Thu May 05, 2005 9:08 pm

Not crap.

And, even more, their album covers were the Joe Camel ads of the metal brand.
That's not entirely true.
Schadenfreude
chimp
chimp

Postby toomanyhelicopters on Fri May 06, 2005 12:42 am

Brett Eugene Ralph wrote:My bad, but something needs to be done to streamline the search function because I searched "Iron Maiden" (in quotes), and you'd think that the thread with it as the subject would come first--or at least in the first two pages. I don't know about you all, but, despite the amount of time I burn posting here, I have no desire to get carsick scrolling through fifteen pages to make sure a topic hasn't already been done.

brett. i hear ya.

here's something that may help.

first of all, using quotes does nothing. the search function ignores them completely.

second of all, the key is, after typing in your carefully chosen search text (in this case "iron maiden" but no quotes necessary), make sure to click the little button that says "search for all terms".

okay! now in our case, iron maiden, it only returns 36 results. still a bitch to look through, but not as bad as 15 pages.

to avoid looking through all these results, the super-streamlined way to do it is this... after the 36 results come up, hit "ctrl-F" on your keyboard, which brings up a "find" window. type in "iron maiden" *with* quotes, and click "find".

it only finds two instances. the two iron maiden polls!

success!

if the search function used normal conventions, like allowing the use of + or - in front of words, or quotation marks to denote multiple-word phrases, this would solve a lot of these issues.

but clicking that "find all terms" button and then using the "find" function built in to explorer will make the mess a lot easier to navigate through.
LVP wrote:If, say, 10% of lions tried to kill gazelles, compared with 10% of savannah animals in general, I think that gazelle would be a lousy racist jerk.
toomanyhelicopters
priss

Postby Angry_Dragon on Fri May 06, 2005 12:49 am

toomanyhelicopters wrote:second of all, the key is, after typing in your carefully chosen search text (in this case "iron maiden" but no quotes necessary), make sure to click the little button that says "search for all terms".

After you do this, narrow it down even more by only searching in CRAP/NOT CRAP
Better yet, eat the placenta!!!
Angry_Dragon
18th Amendment

Location: Baltimore, Where Murderous Football Players Own Resturaunts

Postby cutshaw on Fri May 06, 2005 3:02 am

Oh Well, wherever, wherever you are, Iron Maiden's gonna get you, no matter how far.

The Di'Anno/Dickinson vote is as hard as the Bon Scott/Brian Johnson equivalent, in both cases I tend to fall in the former camp, but still groove with later songs that do nothing but rock! Not Crap!

Love that first album though. If you listen to "Remember Tomorrow" with the line "I shall return, from out of the...................Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire!"

Has the word "Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire!" been speeded up in the studio, as if Di'Anno couldn't quite reach the note?

Outstanding!
cutshaw
alan dershowitz
alan dershowitz

Postby Brett Eugene Ralph on Fri May 06, 2005 7:52 am

cutshaw wrote:The Di'Anno/Dickinson vote is as hard as the Bon Scott/Brian Johnson equivalent, in both cases I tend to fall in the former camp, but still groove with later songs that do nothing but rock! Not Crap!

While Maiden has made some great music with Dickinson at the fore, and while he seems to be perhaps the most affable and "down to earth" person ever to front a metal band, few people--including Dickinson--can compete with the swarthy, full-throated glory that was Paul Di'anno fronting Iron Maiden. One of the finest rock vocalists ever!

Ditto on Bon Scott, even if Johnson's the swarthier of that pair.
Brett Eugene Ralph
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby bigc on Fri May 06, 2005 8:23 am

cutshaw wrote:Oh Well, wherever, wherever you are, Iron Maiden's gonna get you, no matter how far.

The Di'Anno/Dickinson vote is as hard as the Bon Scott/Brian Johnson equivalent, in both cases I tend to fall in the former camp, but still groove with later songs that do nothing but rock! Not Crap!

Love that first album though. If you listen to "Remember Tomorrow" with the line "I shall return, from out of the...................Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire!"

Has the word "Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire!" been speeded up in the studio, as if Di'Anno couldn't quite reach the note?

Outstanding!

Brian Johnson's scatalogical screeching can smell my farts.

Maiden? Never crap. Ever.
bigc
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby full point on Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:29 am

I'm gonna have to say that everything up until Adrian Smith left the band was pretty awesome. Even when it was bad.

Once they got that other guitarist it just wasn't the same.

Live after Death is one of the best live albums ever.
:spade: :spade:
full point
took picture of naked guy
took picture of naked guy

Postby atlantic on Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:47 am

Perhaps im not old enough (24) to truly appreciate Iron Maiden. I have tried and failed. Crap... tho prolly crap on me really, im sure im missing out on something.
http://www.myspace.com/americangeography

"Get high from drinking blood, not drugs and alcohol!" www.katsunderworldcoven.org
atlantic
frugal gourmet
frugal gourmet

Postby Champion Rabbit on Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:33 am

Absolute CRAP.
Going down the only road I've ever known.
Champion Rabbit
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby DefinitelyNOTtheSWEDE on Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:24 am

Here On the Smith front. After they dropped the harmony leads it was all downhill.

Classic Metal Band... With some serious "Had to be There" waffles.

The first album has a real great feel to it though, even now. I popped it on the other day and was blown away by Prowler all over again.

They were the first band I Truly Loved. 6th Grade. Word.
DefinitelyNOTtheSWEDE
has seen it all
has seen it all

Postby tommydski on Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:58 am

woeful beyond my darkest imagination.

CRAP but with three waffles.

1) i have known otherwise sane people (whom i enjoy the company of) that like this band a whole lot.

2) they had graham chapman in one of their videos.

3) that 'rock in rio' album where sixty billion portuguese-speaking maiden fans provide backing vocals is so ridiculous that it has to be admired in a way. plus dickinson's mid-song stage banter on this record is very funny.
run joe run wrote:Kerble your enthusiasm
tommydski
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap