Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Countries: New Zealand

Choice!
89%
Stink!
11%

Total votes : 36

Postby Mark on Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:56 am

mackro wrote:Considering I actually flew to see a band from New Zealand play (Tall Dwarfs) last week, I'd have to say "Choice!". If things work out, I plan to visit NZ and Australia for the first time in April.

Chris and Alec have got back together? :)
Mark
interstate
interstate

Postby Gramsci on Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:55 am

Mark wrote:
mackro wrote:Considering I actually flew to see a band from New Zealand play (Tall Dwarfs) last week, I'd have to say "Choice!". If things work out, I plan to visit NZ and Australia for the first time in April.

Chris and Alec have got back together? :)

My friends rented Chris' old house in Dunedin, it was covered in some freaky wall paintings!
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby night_tools on Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:15 am

A hearty 'choice' from me bro.
Never got 'round to going there despite living in Aus for a year; this is a situation I intend to remedy as soon as I can afford it.
All the Kiwis i've met have been excellent people, even if they do insist on calling me 'Tum'.

Music-ise, how come no-one's mentioned Steriogram yet? And 30 Odd Foot of Grunt?

Oh yeah and Footrot Flats! Awesome.
Not sure about the sea-urchin and chips though...
andteater wrote:My ex wife never appreciated my music, but the men of the PRF do. This is important.
night_tools
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby Gramsci on Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:28 am

night_tools wrote:A hearty 'choice' from me bro.
Never got 'round to going there despite living in Aus for a year; this is a situation I intend to remedy as soon as I can afford it.
All the Kiwis i've met have been excellent people, even if they do insist on calling me 'Tum'.

Music-ise, how come no-one's mentioned Steriogram yet? And 30 Odd Foot of Grunt?

Oh yeah and Footrot Flats! Awesome.
Not sure about the sea-urchin and chips though...

Nah mate, at my local chippie they have oyster and chips or lobster and chips!
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby soul_rancher on Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:42 pm

Gramsci wrote:Come on, early Shihad is good, but they have fallen of the cliff after Killjoy... that was 10 years ago... as for Sal Dub, I know some of those guys and I can tell you, their egos know no bounds and they are shite.

But Bailterspace get a huge "choice!", and so do you for being an Aussie and admitting to liking NZ!!!

No wuckers.

I don't know about 'Churn"; it's a record I probably haven't heard in its entirety for about 8 years. Maybe it's worth a revisit, eh?

Other NOT CRAP things about the land of the long white cloud:

1. The All Blacks rugby team. The most formidable foe in the rugby world. (Bledisloe cup coming up.)

2. 42 Below Vodka. Yes. Kiwi vodka. A suitable alternative to Tui or (god forbid) Lion Red - two beers that taste almost as awful as yankee beer, but at least have a discernible alcohol content.
Toby Baldwin
Soul Ranch Leichhardt
soul_rancher
piece of shit
piece of shit

I am in love with those times & that far away place

Postby Domagoj on Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:29 am

New Zealand is an ultimate dream journey!

If you gave me a return ticket and only couple of hours to pack myself lightly I would rush to the airport without much thinking, I'd forget my bad back and dreadful long flights, my current job, my debts...I'd sort anything on the way there.
I never really checked the facts about the place but I like idea about subtropics of North Island vs. pacific wetness of the South Island, the Southern Alps, wild western shores, site specific flora! [what was that in the background of "Pink Frost" video?], Maori culture etc. Not so long ago I saw short black and white film with two Maori children sitting in a car and chatting. I liked it. There are quite a lot of people of Croatian descent [mostly Dalmatians] living there - you can easily recognize them because family names usually end with -ic [-ich] or - vic like the Victor Dimisich Band or Victor Grbic. I am fascinated by flying nun community too although I lost tracks of recent output [from mid nineties on]. And everything seems to be out of print. I am in love with those times.

Tall Dwarfs

the Clean
[psychedelic sedative for my restless mind - on "Unknown Country" they even have "medieval" instrumental "the Balkans"!]

genius Graeme Downes & the Verlaines
[who lost it a little bit in the end but who cares, I didn't hear last record]

the Gordons & Bailter Space

Dead C.

pure pop beauty of early the Chills, the Bats, the JPS Experience...

I got Toy Love "Cuts" two weeks ago. Nice.

Aotearoa must be a beautiful place.
Domagoj
gorilla
gorilla

Postby robert thefamilyghost on Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:05 pm

i went there and australia a bunch of years ago early in high school...i thought it was pretty neat...if i knew then what i know now i probably could have gone to see The Dead C or something...at the time, unfortunately, my favorite band was Pearl Jam so i my tasted weren't quite so sophisticated yet...i've been on a continual search for the feijoa fuit since (still unsucessful)...and i'd kill for some L&P...
robert thefamilyghost
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Re: I am in love with those times & that far away place

Postby Gramsci on Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:35 pm

Domagoj wrote:New Zealand is an ultimate dream journey!

There are quite a lot of people of Croatian descent [mostly Dalmatians] living there - you can easily recognize them because family names usually end with -ic [-ich] or - vic like the Victor Dimisich Band or Victor Grbic.

Yeah, there are quite a few ex-Yugos. In fact I dated a very lovely girl from Novi Sad and one of my best friends was a Croat. There were two waves of immigration, one quite a while ago -the Dalmatians- and then when the shit hit the fan in the 90s quite a few came over from everywhere. Mostly people that were disgusted by Milošević -pro-Pan-Yugoslav anti-Milošević Serbs- Ksenija's parents were scientists and party members -Titoists- that wanted to keep the Federal Republic but hated Milošević and left... The best thing was almost all of the ex-Yugos in NZ stayed friends and keep going to the Yugo Social Clubs etc even after the war started.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Re: I am in love with those times & that far away place

Postby Domagoj on Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:29 pm

The best thing was almost all of the ex-Yugos in NZ stayed friends and keep going to the Yugo Social Clubs etc even after the war started.

Yes, that's right. That's what usually happened. My Croat friend who fled to London when shit hit the fan hanged around with ex-Yugoslavians in exile -Serbians, Bosnians, Macedonians, Slovenians...We all speak same or quite similar languages. In general I like company of Serbian people pretty much. Btw, ex-Yugoslavia had genuine late 70s/early 80s new wave and post-punk scene and most of my favourite bands hailed from Beograd [Belgrade]: "Idoli", "Å arlo Akrobata", "ElektriÄ
Domagoj
gorilla
gorilla

Re: Countries: New Zealand

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:06 pm

A couple of questions for the PRF's Kiwi members:

- I'm 1/8th Maori and I have heard from unreliable sources that there is some kind of free living/projects for those of Maori decent in New Zealand. Is this true?

- Also, how is readily available is good acid in New Zealand?
AnthonyVillalobos
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby iembalm on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:49 pm

They fry up their fish and chips with lamb fat. Not crap.
iembalm
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby fishingrhod on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:42 am

quality angling, geology, music, rugby and cricket. i'd move there tomorrow given the opportunity. mind you i'd also seriously consider Iraq at the moment.

no - NZ wins as it's not so "bomby".
boxer wrote:Once my friend dreamt he was eating an apple and awoke to find my cock in his mouth.
fishingrhod
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Daveksvplot on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:51 am

I dream of getting stoned in New Zealand and roaming the countryside.
Daveksvplot
jerry seinfeld
jerry seinfeld

Postby gjp on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:07 am

The Dead C.

New Zealand. NOT CRAP.
gjp
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby B_M_L on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:25 am

fishingrhod wrote:quality angling, geology, music, rugby and cricket. i'd move there tomorrow given the opportunity. mind you i'd also seriously consider Iraq at the moment.

no - NZ wins as it's not so "bomby".

You should try it. There is a 'skilled migrant' category to get residence. Everybody assumes this is super skilled jobs in Health or high tech industries. But the skilled migrant category includes loads of valuable skills. The Immediate Skills Shortage list in November had - Geologists, Florists, Truck Drivers, Skydive instructors! - it's not all Chemists and Engineers and IT types.

And the age criteria is 22 to 55! New Zealand needs you.

And the fishing is good. And bombs are rare.
B_M_L
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby iembalm on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:52 am

iembalm
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby B_M_L on Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:02 am

iembalm wrote:http://www.visabureau.com/newzealand/skill-shortage.aspx

That's the one. New Zealand is still desperate for Florists! and jockeys... and a Sommelier! The country needs your wine tasting skills people.
B_M_L

Postby fishingrhod on Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:48 am

i can see myself as a florist...
boxer wrote:Once my friend dreamt he was eating an apple and awoke to find my cock in his mouth.
fishingrhod
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby B_M_L on Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:58 am

...or a "Stallion Master" - no qualifications required! 2 years work experience though.

The business cards would be great...

Rhodri Fishing,
Stallion Master.
For all your stallion wrangling needs

Got a problem with your Stallion? You need a Master of Stallions! Call for free quote.
B_M_L

Postby fishingrhod on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:04 am

a man after my own heart. Stallion Master or Stud Groom (seasonal).

hardcore - you know the score.
fishingrhod
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap