home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

City: Minneapolis

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

City: Minneapolis

CRAP?
10
14%
NOT CRAP?
62
86%
 
Total votes : 72

City: Minneapolis

Postby Bradley R. Weissenberger on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:12 am

Minneapolis MN
User avatar
Bradley R. Weissenberger
King Of All The Taverns
 
Posts: 7321
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:22 pm
Location: Western Michigan

Postby the Classical on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:18 am

not crap

I am probably biased since I live here, but still not crap.
User avatar
the Classical
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:00 am
Location: Minneapolis

Postby Peripatetic on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:24 am

Not Crap.

:WF: 5

Too many reasons to discuss. I just don't think any city, no matter how great could be not crap with no WF.
rysie wrote:The original dumb shit was so very nearly compressed
User avatar
Peripatetic
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:20 pm
Location: Mpls, MN

Postby Gramsci on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:32 am

Can you put in a "where the hell is that" option?
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
User avatar
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer
 
Posts: 10512
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:43 am
Location: The People's Republic

Postby Peripatetic on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:37 am

Gramsci wrote:Can you put in a "where the hell is that" option?


No need for sarcasm pal.
rysie wrote:The original dumb shit was so very nearly compressed
User avatar
Peripatetic
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:20 pm
Location: Mpls, MN

Postby Angriest_Dragon on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:39 am

I've never been there but I will still vote NOT CRAP because how many cities can you think of that have a twin? I will give it a :WF: of 3 because I'm still suspicious of whether or not fertility drugs were used when giving birth to the twin cities.
User avatar
Angriest_Dragon
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
 
Posts: 2090
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 6:25 pm
Location: Screaming Monkey Medical Research Center

Postby Gramsci on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:40 am

Peripatetic wrote:
Gramsci wrote:Can you put in a "where the hell is that" option?


No need for sarcasm pal.


No, seriously I've no idea where it is. Is it the city from Happy Days?
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
User avatar
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer
 
Posts: 10512
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:43 am
Location: The People's Republic

Postby Peripatetic on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:42 am

Gramsci wrote:
Peripatetic wrote:
Gramsci wrote:Can you put in a "where the hell is that" option?


No need for sarcasm pal.


No, seriously I've no idea where it is. Is it the city from Happy Days?


You got it! I'm Potsie to the Classical's Ralph Malph. Sakes is the Fonz; you should see that guy start up his jukebox with his fist!
rysie wrote:The original dumb shit was so very nearly compressed
User avatar
Peripatetic
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:20 pm
Location: Mpls, MN

Postby Gramsci on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:50 am

Peripatetic wrote:
Gramsci wrote:
Peripatetic wrote:
Gramsci wrote:Can you put in a "where the hell is that" option?


No need for sarcasm pal.


No, seriously I've no idea where it is. Is it the city from Happy Days?


You got it! I'm Potsie to the Classical's Ralph Malph. Sakes is the Fonz; you should see that guy start up his jukebox with his fist!


No wait that was Milwaukee. Where the fuck is where you is...
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
User avatar
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer
 
Posts: 10512
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:43 am
Location: The People's Republic

Postby Peripatetic on Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:07 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image
rysie wrote:The original dumb shit was so very nearly compressed
User avatar
Peripatetic
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:20 pm
Location: Mpls, MN

Postby Rog on Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:29 pm

Image

Lumberjacks. Not Crap.
Roger Ewalt
Arch-Druid
Wisconsin Lunker League
User avatar
Rog
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
 
Posts: 2269
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:39 am
Location: Two Pines Nature Center Sun Prairie, Wisc.

Postby the Classical on Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:36 pm

I saw Prince in the Entry on Saturday night! He was hanging out, being all short and stuff
User avatar
the Classical
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:00 am
Location: Minneapolis

Postby Bradley R. Weissenberger on Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:55 pm

Peripatetic wrote:I'm Potsie to the Classical's Ralph Malph. Sakes is the Fonz.

That's all fine, but who's the Chuck Cunningham of the group?
User avatar
Bradley R. Weissenberger
King Of All The Taverns
 
Posts: 7321
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:22 pm
Location: Western Michigan

Postby Peripatetic on Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:07 pm

Bradley R. Weissenberger wrote:
Peripatetic wrote:I'm Potsie to the Classical's Ralph Malph. Sakes is the Fonz.

That's all fine, but who's the Chuck Cunningham of the group?


Bob Mould
rysie wrote:The original dumb shit was so very nearly compressed
User avatar
Peripatetic
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:20 pm
Location: Mpls, MN

Postby Eksvplot on Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:57 pm

hmmm... i just moved back from Minneapolis after living there for two years (first the Seward, then Uptown). while i would find it hard to vote "Crap" without a heavy waffle factor (+11), there are more than a few things about MPLS that i find quite disappointing if not infuriating. and i'm not just talkign about Let It Be closing down or the high cost of rent... it's generally a self-satisfied mindest and cliquishness that seem to go hand in hand with liberal provincialism in the upper midwest.

basically, i think people there, despite whatever politics they subscribe to, are extremely conservative socially. this is just as (if not more) true among so-called rebels (smelly gutter-punks or fashionable indie rockers) as it is yuppies who think they're liberated cuz the own a push-mower and read the City Pages.

but i've got a busy day today, so i'll have to eleaborate on this some other time...
User avatar
Eksvplot
tired of birds
tired of birds
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Midwest

Postby Rog on Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:30 pm

Image
Last edited by Rog on Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Ewalt
Arch-Druid
Wisconsin Lunker League
User avatar
Rog
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
 
Posts: 2269
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:39 am
Location: Two Pines Nature Center Sun Prairie, Wisc.

Postby Lazybones on Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:45 pm

Eksvplot wrote:basically, i think people there, despite whatever politics they subscribe to, are extremely conservative socially. this is just as (if not more) true among so-called rebels (smelly gutter-punks or fashionable indie rockers) as it is yuppies who think they're liberated cuz the own a push-mower and read the City Pages.


Yup. Preach on, brother. Tell me more.
User avatar
Lazybones
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim
 
Posts: 1233
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:53 pm
Location: Taco Island

Postby mattw on Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:40 pm

I could be a little bit biased here, but Minneapolis kicks ass. Come by Annie's Parlor, I'll buy you a burger and tell you why.
User avatar
mattw
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3901
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:28 pm
Location: Carolina of the North

Postby hellyes!! on Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:51 pm

i only spent a long weekend in minneapolis once but liked it very much. i was there to celebrate gay pride with some friends and see some bands at 7th Street Entry. i enjoyed both the festivities and the rock club. and, i was impressed with how clean the downtown district was compared with chicago's loop.
Last edited by hellyes!! on Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hellyes!!
erik seidel
erik seidel
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby dfg on Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:44 am

Not crap.

Image

St. Paul is nice and tranquil as well.
User avatar
dfg
junkballer
junkballer
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:55 am
Location: Chicago (Rogers Park)

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests