City: Minneapolis

CRAP?
14%
NOT CRAP?
86%

Total votes : 72

Re: City: Minneapolis

Postby Smitty Yeagermanjensen on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:11 pm

El Protoolio wrote:Traffic was backed up a mile on the freeway.

Pretty sure that was mainly because of the Vikings game letting out right about the time we were heading that way. But in general, where 94 meets 35E and where it meets 35W can be pretty hellish regardless of time/day of week.

El Protoolio wrote:Thanks to FM Smitty Yeagermanjensen for making it out. Nice to meet you and good times! Thanks!

Thank you and yes, that was quite the fun. Your friends were very cool, too, and I felt welcome in spite of not knowing any of you before yesterday. We'll need to do it again soon. It took probably 3+ months for us to finally get together, I'm of the opinion we should shorten that interval some. I know your schedule is "unconventional," but Sunday afternoons are actually pretty perfect for me to go do things like that. Zom, what's it gonna take to get you out and about for some small-scale PRF social time? You pick the place.
Smitty Yeagermanjensen
fran
fran

Postby El Protoolio on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:41 pm

That's a good idea!
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby El Protoolio on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:04 pm

Hit the Anchor yesterday with a couple FMs who frequent this thread. Great food and service and creamy Irish red ales on tap. Top notch fish an chips.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby SergioGeorgini on Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:07 pm

Big John wrote:Minneapolis is full of people who have descended from people with bad navigation skills who were headed to West Palm Beach but lost their way.

Hopefully in retirement they can find their way to gods country.

Just missed this now, pretty funny. I live in WPB. Would rather be in Minneapolis.
Tonight we sleep in seperate ditches.

Marsupialized wrote:If I ever have a child, I want it to be conceived while listening to Caspar Brotzmann. I envision it would grow up to be a famous cannibal murderer.
SergioGeorgini
E = mc²
E = mc²

Postby zom-zom on Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:30 pm

El Protoolio wrote:Hit the Anchor yesterday with a couple FMs who frequent this thread. Great food and service and creamy Irish red ales on tap. Top notch fish an chips.

Yeah thanks for the invite, even sicker here today. Went into work, came right home bleccchhh.
zom-zom
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby Dave//Eksvplot on Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:41 pm

The fish we had from The Anchor this summer was fantastic, probably the best I've had in the last several years. Chips were rather limp and undercooked though.
madmanmunt wrote:You think Michelangelo Antonioni popped out of the womb with Monica Vitti in one hand and the reels of L'Avventura in the other?
Dave//Eksvplot
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby Smitty Yeagermanjensen on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:13 pm

El Protoolio wrote:Hit the Anchor yesterday with a couple FMs who frequent this thread. Great food and service and creamy Irish red ales on tap. Top notch fish an chips.

Yep. That joint was pretty great. They were hoppin' for a Sunday night, too. I had to wait a few minutes for you guys to show up and thought I was gonna need a drool bucket it smelled so good in there. A tip o' the hat to the PRF for gettin' folks together to do thangs.
Smitty Yeagermanjensen
fran
fran

Postby El Protoolio on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:49 pm

Dave//Eksvplot wrote:The fish we had from The Anchor this summer was fantastic, probably the best I've had in the last several years. Chips were rather limp and undercooked though.

They were crisp and sea salty last night. Tartar sauce was some of the best I've had. If I lived within walking distance, well, I'd eat a lot of fish and chips.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Dave//Eksvplot on Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:34 pm

Honestly, the fish was so great I didn't care too much.
madmanmunt wrote:You think Michelangelo Antonioni popped out of the womb with Monica Vitti in one hand and the reels of L'Avventura in the other?
Dave//Eksvplot

Postby zom-zom on Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:36 am

El Protoolio wrote:
Dave//Eksvplot wrote:The fish we had from The Anchor this summer was fantastic, probably the best I've had in the last several years. Chips were rather limp and undercooked though.

They were crisp and sea salty last night. Tartar sauce was some of the best I've had. If I lived within walking distance, well, I'd eat a lot of fish and chips.

You put tar-tar sauce on it? For shame. Vinegar only.
zom-zom
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby Smitty Yeagermanjensen on Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:57 am

zom-zom wrote:You put tar-tar sauce on it? For shame. Vinegar only.

See?! This is why we need you.
Smitty Yeagermanjensen
fran
fran

Postby El Protoolio on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:34 am

Anyone else going to see High On Fire tonight?
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby ::: on Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:23 pm

Where? How much? I bet a couple of my friends are going. ...Let me google that for me. ... Nah. But thanks for letting us know!
:::
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

Postby Big John on Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:23 pm

Minneapolis has designated the second Monday of October, the federal Columbus Day holiday, as Indigenous Peoples Day. The city council adopted the plan after hearing concerns that hailing Columbus as the discoverer of America is inaccurate and ignores the history of indigenous people.

Happy Indigenous Peoples Day -- Minneapolis!
Big John
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby El Protoolio on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:27 pm

I live in the sticks and the novelty has worn off. So I plan to move and am free to do so anytime but willing to hold out for a good place. In people's experience what would you all say was the cheapest time of year to find apartments in the city? I want info for any desirable hood like Uptown, Lynlake, Whittier, Lowry Hill, Loring Park, South Mpls, Northeast, Dinky town, etc, that's not downtown and offers urban living comparable to any nice hood in Chicago.

Are deals seasonal? Like are there better deals in winter because it's such a bitch to move? Or are there better deals in other times of the year because of availability? I have some of my own ideas from looking around but I want some informed opinions.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby the Classical on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:45 pm

El Protoolio wrote:I live in the sticks and the novelty has worn off. So I plan to move and am free to do so anytime but willing to hold out for a good place. In people's experience what would you all say was the cheapest time of year to find apartments in the city? I want info for any desirable hood like Uptown, Lynlake, Whittier, Lowry Hill, Loring Park, South Mpls, Northeast, Dinky town, etc, that's not downtown and offers urban living comparable to any nice hood in Chicago.

Are deals seasonal? Like are there better deals in winter because it's such a bitch to move? Or are there better deals in other times of the year because of availability? I have some of my own ideas from looking around but I want some informed opinions.

I haven't rented in ten yrs so I can't really comment on that, but I lived in Whittier for a long time, it was fun, but crazy: prostitutes, muggings, chasing strange people out of the basement, people trying burn our building down, people shitting on the front stoop, cars getting broken into, nowhere to park (esp during snow emergencies). But it was very conveniently located. We finally had to bail when our neighbor got held up with a sawed off shotgun for the $4 he had on him coming home from his coffee shop job. I miss that place a lot. I don't think it is nearly as crazy anymore.

Lowry Hill was fine, boring. Worst neighbors I've ever had to deal with. Ever. It was conveniently located.

I live in Northeast now. I like it. It is conveniently located for me. The neighborhood is nice without being fancy or anything, my neighbors are all good. Every year people keep trying to make NE the "hot" place in Mpls, and every time it doesn't quite happen. Which is fine with me.

I wouldn't live in South Mpls if you paid me.
the Classical
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby El Protoolio on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:12 pm

Oh yeah parking is important. I need a place to park. On or off street.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby El Protoolio on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Ok Jan or Feb 1 in Uptown or nearby. 1 bed. What ya got PRF?
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Johnny C on Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:28 pm

I like Minneapolis.

I'll be there at the end of this month for baseball games with my dad and brother. Going to the Wye Oak show on the 31st, planning on wearing my Rutabega shirt. If you see me, say something!
Rick Reuben wrote:None of us is the person we were supposed to be.

these estates | architects & builders | delta throats | plywood | oiseaux
Johnny C
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby El Protoolio on Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:46 pm

El Protoolio wrote:Ok Jan or Feb 1 in Uptown or nearby. 1 bed. What ya got PRF?

So I ended up getting a place in Uptown. It's kind of an old building and I am definitely paying for location but it fit all my needs and is within walking distance of just about everything I like - restaurants, bars and record stores. CC Club, Up/Down, Eat Street, Treehouse, Extreme Noise, Cheapo, etc. GET AT ME YOU FUCKS!
Last edited by El Protoolio on Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap