City: Minneapolis

CRAP?
14%
NOT CRAP?
86%

Total votes : 72

Re: City: Minneapolis

Postby mrcancelled on Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:01 pm

I enjoyed my brief stay there. Extreme Noise Records is the best record store I've ever been to.
mrcancelled
fairground attraction
fairground attraction

Postby El Protoolio on Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:17 pm

Minneapolis has some fine record stores and for that I am so very grateful. Extreme Noise is one of the best. Incredible selection and prices. It's like 1997 all over again in there.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby ::: on Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:48 pm

Wed, Oct 19: Shonen Knife at Turf Club; Conan & the Secret Friends (inc FM Snowblinder) at Hexagon. Wish I didn't have to choose. Prrrrrrobably end up at the Hexagon. :)
:::
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

Postby zom-zom on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:14 am

El Protoolio wrote:
El Protoolio wrote:Ok Jan or Feb 1 in Uptown or nearby. 1 bed. What ya got PRF?

So I ended up getting a place in Uptown. It's kind of an old building and I am definitely paying for location but it fit all my needs and is within walking distance of just about everything I like - restaurants, bars and record stores. CC Club, Up/Down, Eat Street, Treehouse, Extreme Noise, Cheapo, etc. GET AT ME YOU FUCKS!

What's called "Uptown" has spread over the years, drop me a note on Facebook or something where you're at now, probably within walking distance from my home.
I've lived in The Wedge, Uptown and my current home is in Lyndale. Been in this part of town since 1981 and I still really like it.
zom-zom
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby Andrew. on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:10 am

Heading there on a weekend road trip w my partner in October to see Big Thief.

Any recommendations much appreciated for things to do, restaurants, cafes, bakeries, bars, parks (nice walks), museums, bookstores, etc.
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby total_douche on Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:55 pm

I like Minneapolis, but I'm not up there very often (though I will be there 3 days a week when my internship starts in the fall). Sometimes I think I'd like to move there. There are some parts of the city that I really like being in. The "this is a big city and big cities have to have all one-way streets downtown, it's in the constitution or something" thing is total CRAP though. As are all the half-second yellow lights. But if I lived there, I think I'd just use public transportation for most things. Owning a car sucks. I've really decided that I hate it.

So yeah, Minneapolis is not crap.
total_douche
the white ho
the white ho

Postby El Protoolio on Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:18 am

It’s been a heckuva few years here in Minneapolis, boy howdy. Working in downtown Minneapolis is sooooooo much better than working in downtown St Paul. Fuck that place completely.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby mrcancelled on Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:00 pm

El Protoolio wrote:It’s been a heckuva few years here in Minneapolis, boy howdy. Working in downtown Minneapolis is sooooooo much better than working in downtown St Paul. Fuck that place completely.

Is St. Paul not so cool? I'm going back to the area in early October and the last few times I only went to St. Paul very briefly and spent the rest of the time in Minneapolis, was hoping to spend some more time there on this trip. But I don't know much at all about the town. I like the hills. Had a good breakfast there too.
mrcancelled
fairground attraction
fairground attraction

Postby El Protoolio on Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:24 pm

I worked over there for four years and had a really bad experience. It’s just one guy’s opinion. YMMV.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Andrew. on Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:40 pm

Any restaurant recommendations in Minneapolis?
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap