CRAP
93%
NOT CRAP
7%

Total votes : 67

Re: Snub: Chewbacca Not Getting A Medal At The End Of Star Wars

Postby Antero on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:57 am

Tom wrote:
jimmy two hands wrote:Also how come the Vader and Obi-wan light saber duel is so pathetic in IV? They can't be that out of practice. And it can't be on account of age, when Count Dooku was an 80-something doing backflips and shit.

Just cos there wasn't a lot of whiz bang pow doesn't mean it was pathetic. They were concentration. Really Really Hard.

Count Dookie needed to do back flips and shit. Obi & Darth are so good that they can win duels by just sticking out their arms and going poke poke poke. Or... at least Darth can.

More to the point, the prequels are completely fucking tasteless and classless. The lightsabers in the original had weight because they didn't come out at the drop of a hat - the sounds were deep and gave the impression of power and danger. The Force in the original was mystical and zen-like - it was about knowledge and perception, not bullshit mutant superpowers.

Also, if you're playing with some sort of coherent plasma blade that is going to chop off and cauterize anything unfortunate enough to touch it, you'd naturally plan your movements much more carefully.
Is you crazy baby, I gots to grind
Antero
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby Red Square on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:12 am

Antero wrote:
Tom wrote:
jimmy two hands wrote:Also how come the Vader and Obi-wan light saber duel is so pathetic in IV? They can't be that out of practice. And it can't be on account of age, when Count Dooku was an 80-something doing backflips and shit.

Just cos there wasn't a lot of whiz bang pow doesn't mean it was pathetic. They were concentration. Really Really Hard.

Count Dookie needed to do back flips and shit. Obi & Darth are so good that they can win duels by just sticking out their arms and going poke poke poke. Or... at least Darth can.

More to the point, the prequels are completely fucking tasteless and classless. The lightsabers in the original had weight because they didn't come out at the drop of a hat - the sounds were deep and gave the impression of power and danger. The Force in the original was mystical and zen-like - it was about knowledge and perception, not bullshit mutant superpowers.

Also, if you're playing with some sort of coherent plasma blade that is going to chop off and cauterize anything unfortunate enough to touch it, you'd naturally plan your movements much more carefully.

solid points, they did seem to be far more careless and lackadaisical concerning their handling and interaction with the light sabers...
Aztec Black Box

jimmy two hands wrote:Sexy existential dread
Red Square
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby alex maiolo on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:28 pm

enframed wrote:It's crap that he didn't get one, but Chewy don't give a fuck.

That's what I was thinking.
Dude can crush marble with his bare hands.
The whities with the inferiority complex need the medals.

-A
dontfeartheringo wrote:If $100 is too much for you to spend on a microphone maybe you should find a new hobby. People like you seem to like Magic: The Gathering a lot.
alex maiolo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Johnny 13 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:44 pm

Han should have 3 medals. One for each Deathstar, and one for wasting Greedo regardless of who shot first. Chewbacca should of course be invited to the award dinner.
Johnny 13
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby AnthonyCinder on Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Johnny 13 wrote:Han should have 3 medals. One for each Deathstar, and one for wasting Greedo regardless of who shot first. Chewbacca should of course be invited to the award dinner.

Wouldn't Lando and Wedge deserve the medal more than Han for the second Death Star Destruction? I know, I know, Han deactivated the shield. Just saying.
How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette? - George Carlin

https://cindercone.bandcamp.com/
AnthonyCinder
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby wookiepuss on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:26 pm

Han got to feel up Leia, that's got to be worth something. And really, ROTJ, they didn't get medals, they just got to hangout with Ewoks.
wookiepuss
troll
troll

Postby jimmy two hands on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:16 pm

banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Eric Fundingsland on Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:09 pm

Not only did Chewie get snubbed, but so did Wedge and that random Y-wing pilot that must have gotten lost during the fight.
Your ninja was supposed to destroy Robocop.
Eric Fundingsland
sister
sister

Postby jimmy two hands on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Eric Fundingsland wrote:Not only did Chewie get snubbed, but so did Wedge and that random Y-wing pilot that must have gotten lost during the fight.

Yeah, all Wedge got was some hugs from the fucking Ewoks a few years later. Fuck that shit, man.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands

Postby Speedie on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:38 pm

Trey wrote:How great must a thread be to miss such a thing? Beans on the penis great, I suppose.

https://www.madcapglobalmusic.com/album ... isycutters
Speedie
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Re: Snub: Chewbacca Not Getting A Medal At The End Of Star W

Postby The Code is Almighty on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Special isn't a word I would use to describe the Star Wars Holiday Special. Tbone, Bacomrade, and I soldiered through this last night. Ugh.

jimmy two hands wrote:You can tell someone is a Grade-A asshole if the Muppets don't like them.
The Code is Almighty
Capofamiglia

Postby jimmy two hands on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:37 pm

The Code is Almighty wrote:Special isn't a word I would use to describe the Star Wars Holiday Special. Tbone, Bacomrade, and I soldiered through this last night. Ugh.

Special is used euphemistically in this sense. As in, Corky is a....special person.

jimmy two hands

Postby Kate Rev on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:00 pm

The Code is Almighty wrote:Special isn't a word I would use to describe the Star Wars Holiday Special. Tbone, Bacomrade, and I soldiered through this last night. Ugh.

I left early and tried not to have nightmares about Itchy.

didn't work.
Kate Rev
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby Johnny 13 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:17 am

AnthonyCinder wrote:
Johnny 13 wrote:Han should have 3 medals. One for each Deathstar, and one for wasting Greedo regardless of who shot first. Chewbacca should of course be invited to the award dinner.

Wouldn't Lando and Wedge deserve the medal more than Han for the second Death Star Destruction? I know, I know, Han deactivated the shield. Just saying.

Wedge is the hero of the entire series. No doubt about this.
Johnny 13

Postby AnthonyCinder on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:21 pm

For super nerds only:

http://km-515.livejournal.com/746.html

This is entirely relevant to this thread. And pretty awesome. Don't say I didn't warn you of the elevated nerd level of this link . . .
How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette? - George Carlin

AnthonyCinder

Postby Awesome_Komodo on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:13 pm

AnthonyCinder wrote:For super nerds only:

some fucking retard on the internet wrote:Chewie's first problem is what is happening between Luke and Leia. With a psychic link they can feel but not understand, thrown together in a life-or-death escape, they are looking at each other with a sparky intensity that Chewie gradually recognises as Romantic Tension. He is no expert on human relationships but Chewie is fairly sure that that's Wrong, so he does the only thing he can think of under the circumstances - he throws Han at her.
Seriously?
I mean SERIOUSLY?

some fucking retard on the internet then wrote:Han and Luke get medals but Chewie doesn't. Actually, Leia offers him one but the wookiee turns it down.
Really?
I just fucking watched this and didn't see no Wookie being all like "Nah bitch, I don't need one of them shits. I got one from a green midget."

Whoever wrote this bullshit is a fine example of why abortion has its uses.
Here comes the pissball, shithead - get ready!
Awesome_Komodo
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby emmanuelle cunt on Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:20 am

You guys are hilarious.

edit: also, I haven't realized how tiny Carrie Fisher is:

caix wrote:^ more like "a manual vagina."
emmanuelle cunt

Postby jimmy two hands on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:47 am

Awesome_Komodo wrote:

some fucking retard on the internet wrote:Chewie's first problem is what is happening between Luke and Leia. With a psychic link they can feel but not understand, thrown together in a life-or-death escape, they are looking at each other with a sparky intensity that Chewie gradually recognises as Romantic Tension. He is no expert on human relationships but Chewie is fairly sure that that's Wrong, so he does the only thing he can think of under the circumstances - he throws Han at her.
Seriously?
I mean SERIOUSLY?

some fucking retard on the internet then wrote:Han and Luke get medals but Chewie doesn't. Actually, Leia offers him one but the wookiee turns it down.
Really?
I just fucking watched this and didn't see no Wookie being all like "Nah bitch, I don't need one of them shits. I got one from a green midget."

We've already covered this, right?

jimmy two hands

Postby AnthonyCinder on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:11 am

jimmy two hands wrote:
Awesome_Komodo wrote:

Seriously?
I mean SERIOUSLY?

Really?

We've already covered this, right?

Woops. Stupid, stupid Anthony.

AnthonyCinder

Postby Colonel Panic on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:20 pm

That part about R2D2 brokering a deal with the Jawas to sell him and C3PO to Owen Lars and Luke Skywalker? Ridiculous. Jawas literally buy and sell droids. They don't make deals with the hardware. It's sorta like the dope dealer's "don't get high on your own supply" rule.

Besides, the movie shows quite clearly that the Jawas made no effort to sell R2 to Owen. He only received R2 as compensation after the original R5D4 he'd purchased blew a motivator while Luke was leading it away from the Jawa camp.

Stupid nerd. If you're going to write fan fiction, at least make a token effort to know the canon.
Last edited by Colonel Panic on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All that glitters is not aluminum.
Colonel Panic

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap