Get out of the house more
30%

Total votes : 99

Re: Sad/Not Sad: Feeding A Cat

Postby Marsupialized on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:40 pm

It's the greatest high
Marsupialized
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby tidalcast on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:25 pm

Marsupialized wrote:Ever go in, get on you hands and knees and stare directly into your cats eyes as it shits? You have to time it just right to where he can't back out of it, he's too far along and has to complete the act, but it's fucking amazing.
It'll blow your mind, man, for real. All of life's secrets, all pain, all joy, right there to behold, right in its beady little eyes, in that moment, then, just like that, it's over, he jumps out of the litter box and runs off and you are back in reality.

I've read a lot of really strange, twisted shit on the internet. This though? This is breathtaking. Bravo.
tidalcast
streetsweeper
streetsweeper

Postby jimmy two hands on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:34 am

Man, you gotta be properly prepared for that kind of feat, like take a real deep breath and make sure you don't have anything else happening in the next few hours. The smell of fresh cat shit at that close range will cling to you. Gotta bathe in febreeze after something like that.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands

Postby ERawk on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:17 pm

Man, this thread has always bugged me but after going through a surgery with one of my cats (who if we didn't take action would most likely be dead by now), I fucking hate this navel gazing bullshit thread.

Bitches, talk to me when your cat vomits up food twice within a 24 period, refuses to eat, and develops a fever, about how "sad" and "filled with ennui" the act of feeding is, which is basically a simple act that KEEPS YOUR MOTHERFUCKING PET ALIVE FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE and then you find out they have to have surgery to remove part of an intestine or else otherwise would go into septic shock and be dead within a few days if you didn't act. And then you worry about whether or not they will regain their appetite while in recovery (this is happening now, thanks for asking and she is starting to eat a few bites at a time).

Some of you fuckers really need a goddamn perspective that doesn't involve looking at your navel lint.
You guys don't mind that I crash your little sausage party, right?

SecondEdition wrote:And also, just for the record - you have the best sig ever.

I was in a band with a cunt.
ERawk
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Pasta on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:05 pm

ERawk wrote:Man, this thread has always bugged me but after going through a surgery with one of my cats (who if we didn't take action would most likely be dead by now), I fucking hate this navel gazing bullshit thread.

Bitches, talk to me when your cat vomits up food twice within a 24 period, refuses to eat, and develops a fever, about how "sad" and "filled with ennui" the act of feeding is, which is basically a simple act that KEEPS YOUR MOTHERFUCKING PET ALIVE FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE and then you find out they have to have surgery to remove part of an intestine or else otherwise would go into septic shock and be dead within a few days if you didn't act. And then you worry about whether or not they will regain their appetite while in recovery (this is happening now, thanks for asking and she is starting to eat a few bites at a time).

Some of you fuckers really need a goddamn perspective that doesn't involve looking at your navel lint.

fuck yeah, E.

I love feeding my 3, they each get a different song every morning. (Leah usually takes care of dinner)

Our, now, old lady, has taken to chirping at me all morning. Nipping at my chins while I shit. Following me all over. This is after breakfast.

Steve likes to dig old cans out of the recycling, and, lick them extra double sure clean. Sounds like a fucking air hockey match in the kitchen.

I can't call crap on ANYTHING having to do with my cats.
RSMurphy wrote:Everything I enjoy about metal: heavy, cool riffs, hooks, expressive vocals.
Pasta
Fucking Survivor....Fuck Cancer

Postby jimmy two hands on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:23 am

I fed my cat his last meal this morning. He ate one bite and couldn't finish anymore. He went to sleep this afternoon and now he is gone. That was very sad.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands

Postby harpseal2 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:35 am

jimmy two hands wrote:I fed my cat his last meal this morning. He ate one bite and couldn't finish anymore. He went to sleep this afternoon and now he is gone. That was very sad.

Very sorry to hear that, Mr Two Hands. I hope you are taking it well.

I was busy shitting myself over everything 'Sup posted in the thread.

Marsupialized wrote:Ever go in, get on your hands and knees and stare directly into your cats eyes as it shits?
scarnon
harpseal2
a² + b² = c²
a² + b² = c²

Postby catwoman on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:33 am

jimmy two hands wrote:I fed my cat his last meal this morning. He ate one bite and couldn't finish anymore. He went to sleep this afternoon and now he is gone. That was very sad.

So sorry to hear this news.
I think we had hoped (in that other thread) that you'd have a little more time together. He just passed away in his sleep? Poor little guy.
My condolences to you.
catwoman
"kick a ginger day" victim

Postby jimmy two hands on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:23 am

catwoman wrote:

So sorry to hear this news.
I think we had hoped (in that other thread) that you'd have a little more time together. He just passed away in his sleep? Poor little guy.
My condolences to you.

He couldn't breathe anymore and was moaning, was trying to walk and couldn't support himself with his little legs anymore. We decided we had to put him down, rather than watch him starve to death or suffocate.

jimmy two hands

Postby ::: on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:07 pm

jimmy two hands, that is heartbreaking, and you did the right thing, unquestionably.
:::
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

Postby catwoman on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:40 pm

There's a cat lost from right next door to my house, since Monday. I am putting out food and water, in a trap, because the building he escaped from has been gutted inside. This happened while the people were moving out, some workman opened a door he shouldn't have, and the cat dashed because of all the construction/demolition noise. The cat could be inside, could be outside, no idea. Sad putting food out and not seeing it eaten.

I wonder if the cat might be trap shy...

EDIT:
CAT HAS BEEN FOUND, AND IS HOME WITH HIS FAMILY, SAFE AND SOUND.
Food helped lure him.

Feeding a cat; NOT SAD
catwoman

Postby Adam Sr on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Thunderdome: cat's vs otter's little jaws crunching away.
Adam Sr
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby SkronkFronkerdale on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:38 pm

Sad!? Ha! Most joyous thing I know of some days, other than cuddling with my cat, watching movies with my cat, or talking to my cat. I love the shit out of her. I clean it up and take it outside, it's such dainty shit too. She's sitting beside me right now cleaning herself. Is it sad when cats clean themselves? Nah! The only thing sad is when I'm not home and she gets lonely. But then I come home and its not sad anymore. Hope she lives forever! Aww, the thought of her dying or getting cancer is what's really sad. "Sad!"
SkronkFronkerdale
mister rogers
mister rogers

Postby VaticanShotglass on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:06 am

::: wrote:jimmy two hands, that is heartbreaking, and you did the right thing, unquestionably.

Agreed. I'm so sorry.

I've been sitting with my guys most nights the past few weeks when they eat. I love them so much. I'm sad because I won't get to see them soon after my wife keeps them, but dinner time has been so happy despite knowing I'll have to leave them soon. Every night while I'm still living here has been cat night. These two have been my solid buddies for ten years now. I'm going to be missing them so goddamned bad, but for the next week or two it's hugging and playing and happy eating.
VaticanShotglass
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby VaticanShotglass on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:09 am

SkronkFronkerdale wrote: Aww, the thought of her dying or getting cancer is what's really sad. "Sad!"

Such intrusive thoughts were always at the heart of sad feedings for me. The eating just made me think of such things.
VaticanShotglass

Postby Adam Sr on Tue May 15, 2018 2:01 pm

Adam Sr

Postby whoisalhedges on Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:23 pm

I'm a total dog person who now has two cats through no fault of my own.

A couple years ago, we had a mouse problem. Plus, my daughter wanted a cat. I came home from work one day and we had Poko.

Last spring, I pulled into the parking lot at work and there was a cat walking on the sidewalk. I work out in the sticks, it's not uncommon to see ferals. I opened my car door; and before I could even stand up, Weezy was on my lap, purring.

See? No choice.

They don't get along great. But they're both wonderful with Gibby, which is important since we had to let Gomez go in December - a dog needs a friend. Or two.

Weezy's got some upper respiratory issues, but she's FIV/FLV negative, and as long as we jack her up with antivirals and antibiotics every now and then (when her herpes or chlamydia or WTFever it is flares up, she gets a secondary bacterial infection) she's fine. She's incredibly sweet, I can't get my head around the idea that she was out in the wild - ear notch and all, she had been TNRed at one point. Meanwhile, Poko is a complete weirdo, playful as hell with a real sense of humor.

Not crap. Sad? Dunno, but NOT feeding a cat is sadder. I love my kitties.
"Country music must go on!" -- Austin J. Hall, September 11, 2001
whoisalhedges
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Location: Where they put chili on spaghetti, BBQ sauce on kielbasa, and men on the moon.

Postby VaticanShotglass on Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:48 pm

VaticanShotglass wrote:
::: wrote:jimmy two hands, that is heartbreaking, and you did the right thing, unquestionably.

Agreed. I'm so sorry.

I've been sitting with my guys most nights the past few weeks when they eat. I love them so much. I'm sad because I won't get to see them soon after my wife keeps them, but dinner time has been so happy despite knowing I'll have to leave them soon. Every night while I'm still living here has been cat night. These two have been my solid buddies for ten years now. I'm going to be missing them so goddamned bad, but for the next week or two it's hugging and playing and happy eating.

Jesus Christ. Still miss them. I'm decent buds with my brother's cat, but you know. I'm kinda glad I didn't have children. I'm happy that they have a good home and are healthy and happy.
VaticanShotglass

Postby honeyisfunny on Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:21 am

I never had pets as a kid.
A couple of years ago, my next door neighbours (since moved out) had a very loose attitude to neutering their animals and every few months there'd be a new litter of kittens. Seeing them pottering around the garden far too early, with red-eye and fleas was seriously gnawing at me.
One evening I returned home late at night slightly worse for wear and failed to shut my front door correctly before falling asleep on my sofa like the loser I am. I woke up to find 2 kittens had moved in. One was asleep on the sofa with me, the other gleefully destroying my kitchen.
The neighbours told me the rest of the litter had been adopted but the adopter left these 2. After some persuading we adopted them. They had fleas bad, (our neighbours told me not to shave them which perhaps tells you something about their attitude to animal care) and they'd been separated from their mother far too early. Keeping them inside after they'd been used to going where they wanted was a nightmare. They shat a lot.
Anyway - it's 2 years on nearly. Pretty early on as I was feeding them I was struck by the profound realisation that one day they're going to die. I'm 42 FFS, I've lost people close to me but this was a different type of mortality, possibly because the cats were depending on me somehow.
So - yep - feeding cats has a weird sadness to it sometimes. I totally get what you mean.

Way out is the way out
honeyisfunny
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby tmidgett on Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:26 pm

"Here, little creature. Here's some food. I could not give it to you, but I did."
--my wife, summarizing why it is sad to feed a cat
tmidgett
Present-day God
Present-day God

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap