Mr. Musk

Crap
78%
Not Crap
22%

Total votes : 51

Re: Nerd: Elon Musk

Postby emmanuelle cunt on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:33 am

So he called an experienced diver who dared to say that Elon's submarine-rescue-device was unsuitable for the conditions a "pedo guy" because he didn't like that opinion? That's Trump level of childishness, Elon Musk is an ass.
caix wrote:^ more like "a manual vagina."
emmanuelle cunt
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Gramsci on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:56 am

A State subsidised government contractor with a posting addiction.

Unmitigated crap.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby UMP on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:32 am

UMP
mencken
mencken

Postby VaticanShotglass on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:23 pm

Anthony Flack wrote:
I do think that technology has a major role to play though, and how we choose to invest our research budget is going to make a big difference to where we end up.

The electric cars, the solar panels, the wall batteries, the grid batteries... I don't think any of that is wrong. I think they're all good, helpful, necessary contributions. That grid battery he built in Australia rubbed dog shit in the faces of all those coal-smoking fucks. I applaud that.

Absolutely.

I don't think he's wrong to target the high end sports car market either. He didn't have the resources to compete at the bottom end of the market - when you're building cars in small runs they will inevitably be expensive - and electric cars at that time had a reputation for being weak, slow and lettucey that needed busting. He said he wanted to kick-start the electric vehicle market and he did. The cheap cars are starting to arrive from China now

I understand this. It's a slick move and has done well for him. My issue is with our greater car culture, which he has not changed very much at all. He made an electric car seem sexy to a niche market who might have otherwise snickered at electric cars. I'm not taking that away from him, but I'm also not going to endorse the tech-savior personality cult, especially for such a specific and narrow achievement.

I'm also not anti-tech. I'm just fed up with the package it comes in. I'm probably just fed up with the world. I'm tired of the market gods.
VaticanShotglass
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby Anthony Flack on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:29 pm

I don't think his big dick sports cars are an environmental saviour either, but I'm seeing ads for electric powered light trucks coming out of China now. I expect to see commercial transport switching to electric very rapidly since it has the potential to be so much more economical. I also expect the Chinese auto-makers to completely eat everybody else's lunch if they're not careful and the older, more established manufacturers with their longstanding investment in internal combustion engines better fucking watch out they don't end up the next Kodak or Nokia. When the tipping point comes it will be rapid.

It will all help buy us a little more time, and the sooner the better. It would have happened without Musky Odour, but I think he's helped bring it about faster.

The end of car culture will come some time after self-driving I think, which is going to change the way we think about cars and transport. The end of our hollow consumer culture requires the introduction of a universal basic income I expect.

Sounds like Tesla shareholders have now told Musk he needs to STFU and apologise.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby VaticanShotglass on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:50 pm

Anthony Flack wrote:I don't think his big dick sports cars ...

Fair enough.

Facundo wrote:I prefer Syd Barrett.

Me too.
VaticanShotglass

Postby Anthony Flack on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:10 pm

In fact it sounds like Tesla shareholders have told Musk if he doesn't put his ass back in his shorts they will remove it.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby night_tools on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:42 pm

emmanuelle cunt wrote:So he called an experienced diver who dared to say that Elon's submarine-rescue-device was unsuitable for the conditions a "pedo guy" because he didn't like that opinion? That's Trump level of childishness, Elon Musk is an ass.

Man's a crapman.

He tweeted that pedo accusation to his 20 million followers - I hope the diver guy sues the shit out of him.
andteater wrote:My ex wife never appreciated my music, but the men of the PRF do. This is important.
night_tools
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby Andrew. on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:53 pm

Billionaire union-busting capitalist who thinks he'll save humanity by packing America's concrete cloverleafs with private electric cars on the way to colonizing Mars.

It's sad how many nerds admire this asshole.
Andrew.

Postby ImDADA on Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:41 pm

Seems a lot like most rich white men.
Blue.
ImDADA
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby Anthony Flack on Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:50 pm

AAAND Musk has eaten shit and apologised, much to nobody's surprise after his shareholders threatened to remove him.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Anthony Flack on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:12 am

At least Elon Musk finally got his chance to cave in front of everyone.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Boombats on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:38 am

ZZZZZZINGGG
Escape Rope / Blxck Onion / Black Mesa
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Angus Jung on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:34 pm

New story today:

Elon Musk personally dialed up the head of the environmental group the Sierra Club and asked for help with deflecting criticism over donations that the chairman of Tesla Inc. made to Republicans, according to an email that the head of the nonprofit sent to his staff.

Musk on Saturday called Michael Brune, the Sierra Club’s executive director, and asked that he make public more than $6 million in contributions to the group that had been anonymous, Brune wrote in the email. Musk also enlisted Brune to vouch for him on Twitter to quell a firestorm over the billionaire’s $38,900 contribution to a committee that benefits congressional Republicans including House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy.

Brune is now dealing with blow-back within his own organization for complying with Musk’s requests. Two posts from his personal account and one sent from the Sierra Club’s Twitter handle that were laudatory of Tesla’s chief executive officer and his commitment to fighting climate change rankled some Sierra Club staff. They objected to Brune’s defense of an executive who funds Republicans and has bashed the United Auto Workers.

Full article link
Angus Jung
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby the_joe_lemur on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:56 pm

UMP wrote:Image
CRAP

What, he claiming to have invented steampunk too?
The FM formerly known as lemur68

sulfur)addict wrote:Jordan Peterson is the Limp Bizkit of educated thought.
the_joe_lemur
kukla
kukla

Postby Zorg on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:40 am

More Tommy Wiseau than Marquis de Sade, but ok. America's answer to Richard Branson I suppose. Could a billionaire be anything other than crap?
Zorg
has seen it all
has seen it all

Postby Adam Sr on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Adam Sr
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby Boombats on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:46 pm

Without his bucks he's just be another incel
Escape Rope / Blxck Onion / Black Mesa
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby curry pervert on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:08 pm

Haha, brilliant. Being an alpha is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.
curry pervert
greek
greek

Postby Andrew. on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:27 pm

The opening bit of Saturday's episode of Chapo Trap House with James Adomian as Musk is a must-listen for anyone who gives a shit about such things. <Checks phone> Ep. 228.

I share some of the critiques of Chapo but I think it's in the most recent episode where they tear apart some Democratic Obama toadee and Big Podcast Network Player's new book on Obama, and it's funny and incisive, and Musk gets some mentions in the discussion.
Andrew.

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap