2%
Victim of Mad Era
11%
Forbidden Topic
2%

Total votes : 61

Re: Deathmetal Sångare: Greta Thunberg

Postby oZZma on Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:00 am

biscuitdough wrote:The bigger question is can we get corporations and the military, who are much bigger polluters than individuals, to fly less, stop shipping cross country on trucks entirely, and take other steps to cut down on carbon emissions that are specific to their sphere.

Yes thw problem is not people flying back home to their aging parents.
How many flights does a single item take before all pieces are ready to be assembled in taiwan and then ready to take another flight to the parent company in USA or EU and then shipped again to shops and then to buyers?
vade retro Santana
oZZma
galloping gourmet
galloping gourmet

Re: Asperger Kiddo: Greta Thunberg

Postby rayword45 on Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:02 am

TomTheBum wrote: i don't really cherish emotionalism, it's really harmful i think. i just said some few things and it ended up as if i attacked jordan peterson on jordan peterson forum. pretty shameful and reiterates the bullshit the right-wingers spew. i see it all the time in real life too, it's really scary and stupid and will lead to real disaster. or has lead already.

Would it “reiterate the bullshit the right wingers spew” to say you are an obnoxious cunt of absolutely no worth and you should fuck yourself with a styptic pencil just as OP should?

You are an obnoxious cunt of absolutely no worth and you should fuck yourself with a styptic pencil just as OP should
rayword45
andy warhol
andy warhol

Postby oZZma on Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:07 am

Jeesus can we calm down and keep it NOT personal?
vade retro Santana
oZZma
galloping gourmet
galloping gourmet

Postby rayword45 on Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:12 am

I have no personal beef with anyone on this board.

I see a thread originally titled “Asperger Kiddo” and someone comparing shit to Jordan Peterson fanboy reactions, I’m gonna call out bullshit. Someone tell me I’m being too mean or whatever, don’t give a fuck.
rayword45
andy warhol
andy warhol

Postby curry pervert on Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:23 am

curry pervert
lil' ottowa fanny
lil' ottowa fanny

Postby oZZma on Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:42 am

rayword45 wrote:I have no personal beef with anyone on this board.

I see a thread originally titled “Asperger Kiddo” and someone comparing shit to Jordan Peterson fanboy reactions, I’m gonna call out bullshit. Someone tell me I’m being too mean or whatever, don’t give a fuck.

I get your point, just let's not turn it in a brawl or exchange of insults, please :)
We all agree that that title is a childish attempt to be "edgy", and I'd add also unoriginal given that this girl has to hear this bullshit every day. Luckily I don't have FB anymore to read this crap.
Just let's try to debate respectfully. Provocation will not make fhe message seem more intelligent, on the contrary even if you say something clever, people would only see the trollish part (not directed to you obviosly but responding a provocation with insult will not bring anything good either). So if we want to debate, let's try to keep it focused on the problem.
:P
vade retro Santana
oZZma
galloping gourmet
galloping gourmet

Postby curry pervert on Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:45 am

TomTheBum wrote:i haven't seen a single post here disputing her message per se; no one sane disputes her message. but it's just intellectual dishonesty of highest order not to question it further.

Me Again wrote:For now, the biggest roadblock to addressing this problem is that a good chunk of the population doesn't even think there is one.

Occasionally for fun and/or self-flagellation, I'll enter the comment section on some facebook post about climate change, mostly to read the deniers justifications and whatnot.

Well, since the climate summit/climate strike/Thunberg stuff has been prominent in the media, those fuckers have come out of the woodwork in droves and are very vocal. The conspiracies about it being a scam so they can raise taxes, the pseudo-science, the insistence that the Earth has always gone through these cycles and we have nothing to worry about....

They are visible and persistent, and even if they aren't convincing many people they are surely sowing seeds of doubt, which of course is the agenda.

Pointing out that Greta Thunberg is not providing a viable solution is missing the point. Right now, as FM Me Again pointed out, we simply need to gather people on the right side of this issue, to reach a critical mass, to hopefully change the political will, and she's certainly getting it talked about and raising awareness amongst her own generation, if nothing else.

But it will be an uphill struggle, as anyone who sees the magnitude of denial amongst the public can attest. The oil companies through their own studies knew in the 70's where we were headed, and started with the climate change denial propaganda back then. We have over 40 years of it to wipe away, and powerful forces whose interests are to keep it going will be doing their utmost to sow the seeds of doubt.

A lot of those denial comments are from people paid to visit sites and pages to make those comments. The enemy has vast resources.
curry pervert
lil' ottowa fanny
lil' ottowa fanny

Postby Boombats on Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:59 am

I Know Only Two wrote:She lambasts politicians all around the world for doing nothing about climate change AND she also encourages kids worldwide to ditch school.

-----

oZZma wrote:I get your point, just let's not turn it in a brawl or exchange of insults, please :)
We all agree that that title is a childish attempt to be "edgy", and I'd add also unoriginal given that this girl has to hear this bullshit every day.

Well, I don't agree.

Because I for one actually know what led me to name it the way I did. I on the other hand don't know what the girl has to hear every day, because I'm not that or around that girl. And I also don't like to see anyone patronizing that frustrated asshole called raymond12345.

1. I didn't go with girl, kid, activist, because none of those fully expressed how I felt about her.

2. I went for kiddo because I thought it was supposed to mean something like 'precocious', and because it's my precocious ex-girlfriends nickname (that's how I know of the word in the first place; English is my third language).

3. Then it struck me Greta is not exactly like my ex. And I figured out she's like my ex with Asperger.

--------------

There was nothing malicious, intentionally offensive or even 'edgy' about it. It was both personal AND true, and I thought it was cute. And I think you people have issues. Some of which is not using your brain power to the extent you should before speaking up.

The fact you all lazily agree on utter horseshit does not change the fact it's utter horseshit. And you have to trust me on this, because I'm the one who knows, despite your idiotic agreement on horseshit.

And yeah, I changed it back. I mean, it's one thing to get crapped on for stating something true (OK, I get the tone-deaf thing by now, but...) without really questioning anything. And it's another thing to ignore the explanation, ignore the fact it got changed to a less sensitive shape and form and still not dropp it. Because that hints at loving the idea of having something ever-so-slightly offensive to use as a piss-poor excuse to crap on someone.

Which makes that apparent retard Raymond45IQ look like a frustrated retard.

And that's the moment I say "no, fuck you. It's my fucking title, I know what's behind it, and you have run out of my fucking patience. I tried to please people in the wrong. And it went as always. This time, I learn. Grow up, dimwits. Or I'm adding 'With Small Boobs' in there, and it has everything to do with you."

Just quoting this for posterity once the flame-out and deletion occurs
Escape Rope / Blxck Onion / Black Mesa
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby oZZma on Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:20 am

I Know Only Two wrote:

3. Then it struck me Greta is not exactly like my ex. And I figured out she's like my ex with Asperger.

--------------

There was nothing malicious, intentionally offensive or even 'edgy' about it
[/quote]
Yet I don't think it should even be needed to explain why it SOUNDS totally offensive (and edgy, etc etc) to address someone (kid, girl, woman, or anyone) as "Asperger". Not offensive for her alone, but for anyone with Asperger as well. Especially given that the point of this "public figure" is not the fact that she has Asperger.
You know, like "innocent" and "casual" usage of
Boombats wrote:cunt, faggot, nigger, retard, wheeeee!!!! words are fun!

Please.

Anyways, public crucifixion for that title has gone way too long and too far IMO, shall we discuss the topic or all this "debate" must continue to revolve around these pointless provocations, insults, etc etc?
vade retro Santana
oZZma
galloping gourmet
galloping gourmet

Postby Me Again on Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:39 am

Boombats wrote:Just quoting this for posterity once the flame-out and deletion occurs

Oh, I think it's safe to say the flame-out has already occurred.
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
meatball enthusiast
meatball enthusiast

Postby seanurban on Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:51 am

Maybe he hopes we will all remember why you mentioned her titty size in ten years.
Or perhaps not.
seanurban
King High

Postby rayword45 on Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:52 am

I Know Only Two wrote:If you consider it an insult, that's your subjective problem. Not mine.

Wow you got me, I do just want to fan the flames.

Fuck off, you transparent fuckmook. Now don’t patronize me
rayword45
andy warhol
andy warhol

Postby Boombats on Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:20 pm

seanurban wrote:Maybe he hopes we will all remember why you mentioned her titty size in ten years.
Or perhaps not.

Mostly this
Escape Rope / Blxck Onion / Black Mesa
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby iembalm on Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:24 pm

Related: who is this Noah Rothman dickhead on Bill Maher last night stating that global warming has nothing to do with capitalism?
iembalm
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby askii on Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:17 am

TomTheBum wrote:https://www.congress.gov/116/bills/hres109/BILLS-116hres109ih.pdf - here is a link to the green new deal and if it's not some vague bullshit along the lines of having your cake and eating it i dunno what it is.

On the vanishingly remote chance that this (inter alia) was meant in good faith, here's the recap for those just tuning in: the House bill you cite is the Green New Deal RESOLUTION. It's right there in the title. It lays out a framework that recognizes the crisis and its fundamental links to our other crises, and establishes what a viable solution would look like. It does not purport to prescribe policy details.

Several presidential candidates have turned the GND framework into serious policy platforms. The best by a mile, and the only one to get an "A" from Greenpeace, is Bernie's, but Jay Inslee also did a huge service by focusing his quixotic campaign's resources on something that wouldn't help him at all in the polls. His plan is so thorough, the Candidate With a Plan for That is literally copying his homework.

Also, the GND concept wasn't just handed to AOC on stone tablets as she stood atop Pelosi's office table. People like Rhianna Gunn-Wright have been thinking deeply about this shit for a long time.

Re personal carbon footprints and individual action, everyone should watch Naomi Klein's new video for The Intercept.

Lastly, speaking as a complete non-entity, I generally enjoy FM Anthony Flack's posts.
askii
party clown
party clown

Postby askii on Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:23 am

Oh, and fuck the framing of this thread.

askii
party clown
party clown

Postby the_joe_lemur on Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:33 am

An unintended consequence of deleting a user's posts is that now it looks like Ike started the thread.
The FM formerly known as lemur68

sulfur)addict wrote:Jordan Peterson is the Limp Bizkit of educated thought.
the_joe_lemur
hemingway
hemingway

Postby askii on Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:37 am

the_joe_lemur wrote:An unintended consequence of deleting a user's posts is that now it looks like Ike started the thread.

Had the same thought.
askii
party clown
party clown

Postby Ike on Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:41 am

I've had a good run.

MODS, NUKE MY ACCOUNT AND ALSO OUR PLANET!

Man, this thread sucked shit so hard. I should not have chimed in initially and I should not be chiming in now.

Nearing the "feminist thread" level bad.
Ike
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby Ike on Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:52 am

Wait, I'll stick around to see how the election turns out next year. I'm sure it'll be fun!
Ike
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap