Shellac?

crap
8%
not crap
92%

Total votes : 429

Re: Band: Shellac

Postby mattw on Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:13 pm

This would be an interesting watch. I heard Shellac once performed there.

Couple of Shellac questions- there are a couple of songs ("Paco" comes to mind, for one) where it sounds like some kind of vibrato bar is being used, but I haven't seen any of the TB guitars that Steve plays as having this function.

Also curious about the feedback effect on "You Came In Me"- it's probably just the guitar coming in contact with the amp, but it sounds more designed/constructed. Spanx!
mattw
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby tallchris on Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:25 pm

mattw wrote:Couple of Shellac questions- there are a couple of songs ("Paco" comes to mind, for one) where it sounds like some kind of vibrato bar is being used, but I haven't seen any of the TB guitars that Steve plays as having this function.

The TBs have enough give under tension that you can bend the neck and get pitch changes. That's what Steve does live for sure.
Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
tallchris
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:42 pm

tallchris wrote:
mattw wrote:Couple of Shellac questions- there are a couple of songs ("Paco" comes to mind, for one) where it sounds like some kind of vibrato bar is being used, but I haven't seen any of the TB guitars that Steve plays as having this function.

The TBs have enough give under tension that you can bend the neck and get pitch changes. That's what Steve does live for sure.

You can do it with any guitar. I do it with anything that doesn’t have a Bigsby. It’s awesome.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

dvockins wrote:Gold hardware means you are number one.
llllllllllllllllllllllll
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby agiant on Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:55 pm

mattw wrote:.

Also curious about the feedback effect on "You Came In Me"- it's probably just the guitar coming in contact with the amp, but it sounds more designed/constructed. Spanx!

A good harmonic percolator fuzz clone does that. See minute 1:50.

https://youtu.be/XzNXKrMynW4
blah
agiant
mal evans
mal evans

Postby sparky on Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:26 am

mattw, on the vibrato question, I’m answering from memory, but if I’m remembering the same sound, I believe Steve makes it by rapidly toggling his pickup switch. Defenestrate me with glee if I’ve remembered utterly the wrong effect.
Gib Opi kein Opium, denn Opium bringt Opi um!
sparky

Postby milkmeat on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:26 pm

They played roughly .5 hour of new material last night at Reckless Records. This new album, the exact title of which I could not quite catch but is perplexing, promises good stuff. I’m looking forward to hearing when it is released. Thanks and have a great rest of your day.
milkmeat
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim

Postby El Protoolio on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:29 pm

milkmeat wrote:They played roughly .5 hour of new material last night at Reckless Records. This new album, the exact title of which I could not quite catch but is perplexing, promises good stuff. I’m looking forward to hearing when it is released. Thanks and have a great rest of your day.

We’re all hoping to live long enough for the next album in 2027.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Pasta on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:24 pm

El Protoolio wrote:
milkmeat wrote:They played roughly .5 hour of new material last night at Reckless Records. This new album, the exact title of which I could not quite catch but is perplexing, promises good stuff. I’m looking forward to hearing when it is released. Thanks and have a great rest of your day.

FMNewDarkAge can upload it to Bit World for us shortly after release. Our digitized synapses will enjoy it.
RSMurphy wrote:Everything I enjoy about metal: heavy, cool riffs, hooks, expressive vocals.
Pasta
Fucking Survivor....Fuck Cancer

Postby the_joe_lemur on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:23 pm

Pasta wrote:
El Protoolio wrote:

FMNewDarkAge can upload it to Bit World for us shortly after release. Our digitized synapses will enjoy it.

Be great campaign music for whoever's running against Trump as he seeks a fourth term
The FM formerly known as lemur68

sulfur)addict wrote:Jordan Peterson is the Limp Bizkit of educated thought.
the_joe_lemur
twain
twain

Postby Verbs & Nouns on Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:38 pm

Verbs & Nouns
grand
grand

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap