home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Forum Possibilities Question

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Forum Possibilities Question

Postby oZZma on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:59 am

Nate Dort wrote:
oZZma wrote: for example I doubt there is any place on the internet as useful and lively and fun as Talkbass to discuss potato bass gear and all coffee table bass-related stuff

FYP

:smt005
This is so true, and some of the most active threads are about PRAISE AND WORSHIP bands (I'm not acxustomed to this crap because in Italy we don't have them, it makes me laugh!)
But that forum is so crowded and variegated! It's a good thing!
I have found friends and tons of competent people as well, I love especially the doom and stoner thread (although I don't play doom/stoner), those guys are awesome :)
And you can find infos about any niche effect /amp/bass you're curious about. It's not bad at all. I like it, you just have to dig to find the interesting stuff.
vade retro Santana
oZZma
general studio assistant
general studio assistant

Postby Nate Dort on Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:32 am

Talkbass just seems to be like 90% Alembic and Tobias dudes.
Nate Dort
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby oZZma on Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:02 pm

Nate Dort wrote:Talkbass just seems to be like 90% Alembic and Tobias dudes.

:smt005
There are too many but it's not the majority IME ;)
The vast majority are precision dudes I think, but being a "generic" bass site it's normal maybe :)(that's why it would be so good to have a non-generic musicians forum like this being MORE ACTIVE!)
There are EGC dudes as well, I think stats reflect the "average" stats of bass players population after all. But a large user base is good so everyone more or less can find like-minded users to interact with. As a beginner (and not interested in alambics :mrgreen:) I have always found ot helpful. And fun, very often :)
vade retro Santana
oZZma
general studio assistant
general studio assistant

Postby the_joe_lemur on Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:33 am

The glory days of this forum were when it was mostly Chicagoans, before carpetbaggers like me started showing up
The FM formerly known as lemur68

sulfur)addict wrote:Jordan Peterson is the Limp Bizkit of educated thought.
the_joe_lemur
laney
laney

Postby Sprague Dawley on Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:01 am

Forii works great for me. Except the dead youtube links. Which is every single one of them on the entire forum. They just show up as some phpbb box or something.

I'm on a computer as I don't have a cellphone. Hope this forus doesnt go down that horrid sterile route to becoming another white sheet of text that looks like it's from 1997. Fuck that shit. Fuck smartphones. Get a computer and type your shit out with that. Not on facebook. Not on fucking twitter. On forums. You can just stroll right the fuck back in to some thread from 2003 and pick up right where the bastard left off. Try that shit on twitter.
Sprague Dawley
sweeny todd
sweeny todd

Postby Anthony Flack on Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:35 am

You can just stroll right the fuck back in to some thread from 2003 and pick up right where the bastard left off. Try that shit on twitter.

Exactly.

Also I don't know about you guys but I'd rather post on a forum run by FM Steve than one run by Mark fucking Zuckerberg. Hello... guys...? Anybody still here?

Huh, oh well each to their own.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby oZZma on Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:13 am

You can just stroll right the fuck back in to some thread from 2003 and pick up right where the bastard left off.

:smt043
Yeah you can't exhume necrothreads on twitter!

Also I don't know about you guys but I'd rather post on a forum run by FM Steve than one run by Mark fucking Zuckerberg. Hello... guys...? Anybody still here?

Huh, oh well each to their own.

:smt001
vade retro Santana
oZZma
general studio assistant
general studio assistant

Postby oZZma on Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:44 am

Sprague Dawley wrote:Hope this forus doesnt go down that horrid sterile route to becoming another white sheet of text that looks like it's from 1997. .

Updating the phpBB would only fix visualization issues on phones and maybe add newest features like alerts (I find them useful) .
It doesn't change much, no worries about that! :D
vade retro Santana
oZZma
general studio assistant
general studio assistant

Postby Anthony Flack on Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:42 am

This forum has always positively encouraged exhuming necrothreads, an attitude which I wholeheartedly endorse. In fact I've never understood why anyone anywhere ever had a problem with doing that. Whenever I encountered a forum with an anti-necrothread culture, it made me think that the forum users considered the words on the forum to be disposable garbage, and I would be inclined to take their word for it too.

On this forum you can read many fine and insightful pieces of writing crafted over the course of many years and conveniently catalogued by subject, some contributed by people who are sadly not even alive any more, which is much better to my mind than the fast-flowing social media open sewer most people prefer to heave their opinions into nowadays.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby oZZma on Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:41 am

Anthony Flack wrote:This forum has always positively encouraged exhuming necrothreads, an attitude which I wholeheartedly endorse. In fact I've never understood why anyone anywhere ever had a problem with doing that. Whenever I encountered a forum with an anti-necrothread culture, it made me think that the forum users considered the words on the forum to be disposable garbage, and I would be inclined to take their word for it too.

On this forum you can read many fine and insightful pieces of writing crafted over the course of many years and conveniently catalogued by subject, some contributed by people who are sadly not even alive any more, which is much better to my mind than the fast-flowing social media open sewer most people prefer to heave their opinions into nowadays.

I'm new to this forum, and since I am here I have read TONS of interesting threads from more than 15 hears ago, and it's great I have the chance to (sometimes I exhume, sometimes I just enjoy reading some older posts)
This wouldn't be possible elsewhere, forums have the greatest value for this reason. :)
vade retro Santana
oZZma
general studio assistant
general studio assistant

Postby bishopdante on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:39 pm

Sprague Dawley wrote:Forii works great for me.

Fora.

In Latin -um is Neuter (second declention), not masculine, and pluralises to -a.

Anthony Flack wrote:fast-flowing social media open sewer

Would see.
Code: Select all
01100011 01101111 01101110 01100111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01110101 01101100 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 01110011
bishopdante
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Sprague Dawley on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:51 pm

bishopdante wrote:
Sprague Dawley wrote:Forii works great for me.

Fora.

In Latin -um is Neuter (second declention), not masculine, and pluralises to -a.

ffs, just dicking around with words here, sensei
Sprague Dawley
sweeny todd
sweeny todd

Previous

Return to General Discussion