home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Electrical Guitar Company

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Electrical Guitar Company

Postby gusman2x on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:34 am

That is simply stunning. Still love series 1 guitars the best.

Is that split volume/tone pots?
gusman2x
jock
jock

Postby Janny88 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:56 am

what a stunner! i'm gonna worship it
Janny88
convert
convert

Postby eliya on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:08 am

wellbutrin wrote:Got this headed to the crib. Alder body, Imron and single coils.

Jesus
eliya
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby dvockins on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:24 pm

That shit is tight. Fuck a stain.
dvockins
dog trainer
dog trainer

Postby wellbutrin on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:43 pm

gusman2x wrote:
Is that split volume/tone pots?

Yes. I asked for individual volume and tone and the limited space in the cavity of the wood bodies made the concentric pots necessary.
wellbutrin
wolf
wolf

Postby satanismyguide on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:40 am

WOW, 4 years have passed since my last post...

So, I have a serie one baritone EGC and after 3 years I am thinking about changing the bridge pickup. Right now it mounts an original EGC pickup (with split tone pot), but it's too high-gain for my tastes...
Has anyone here ever changed the pickups on one of of these monster guitars?
Maybe I will start by changing the pot or adding a resistance in the circuit before changing the pickup... any tip/suggestion? I like the sound (even if it is too bright for me, but pedal/amp eq do the trick) but the output is way too aggressive and I would like something a little bit more neutral...

(I am sure that this topic already came out but I can't find anything on the forum)
satanismyguide

Postby Speedie on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:08 am

eliya wrote:
wellbutrin wrote:Got this headed to the crib. Alder body, Imron and single coils.

Jesus

Fuck Me.. that is quite a thing. Well done sir, Love it!
Trey wrote:How great must a thread be to miss such a thing? Beans on the penis great, I suppose.

https://thegreenwhistle.bandcamp.com/releases
Speedie
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby MrMattDiehl on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:43 pm

satanismyguide wrote:WOW, 4 years have passed since my last post...

So, I have a serie one baritone EGC and after 3 years I am thinking about changing the bridge pickup. Right now it mounts an original EGC pickup (with split tone pot), but it's too high-gain for my tastes...
Maybe I will start by changing the pot or adding a resistance in the circuit before changing the pickup... any tip/suggestion? I like the sound (even if it is too bright for me, but pedal/amp eq do the trick) but the output is way too aggressive and I would like something a little bit more neutral...

(I am sure that this topic already came out but I can't find anything on the forum)

Reach out to Kevin re: your pickup needs. At the very least, he will have the best perspective on what would work, EGC or otherwise...
MrMattDiehl
yogi berra
yogi berra

Postby Riff Magnum on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:23 am

MrMattDiehl wrote:
satanismyguide wrote:WOW, 4 years have passed since my last post...

Reach out to Kevin re: your pickup needs. At the very least, he will have the best perspective on what would work, EGC or otherwise...

yeah, and make sure you're very specific about what you have and what you want. Take pics.
I recently bought a new EGC bridge pickup for my EGC Standard #69 and the pickup he sent didn't mount directly onto the neck rails like the original.
Riff Magnum
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby Gaevid_Deafen on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:48 pm

New guy here. I have a good friend that is about to put his EGC up for sale. He bought it from a music store in Minnesota new in 2008 and doesn't know much about it. I'm helping him sell it in return for him letting me use it to record. (I am in love and now it's my life's goal to own an EGC Bass VI)

How would someone go about appraising its value? I tried looking at 'sold' ebay and reverb listings, but the different models vary wildly in price and I can't find one that's like his. I belong to a FB group dedicated to aluminum guitars, but I never see the prices they end up selling for. l'il help?

It's a 2008 series one guitar in white. #221 Here's a link to some pics: http://imgur.com/a/v2Dgl

(ps I'm obviously not going to sell it here if I'm getting appraisal from you guys, so...sorry in advance!)
Gaevid_Deafen

Postby benadrian on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:06 pm

Gaevid_Deafen wrote:New guy here. I have a good friend that is about to put his EGC up for sale. He bought it from a music store in Minnesota new in 2008 and doesn't know much about it. I'm helping him sell it in return for him letting me use it to record. (I am in love and now it's my life's goal to own an EGC Bass VI)

How would someone go about appraising its value? I tried looking at 'sold' ebay and reverb listings, but the different models vary wildly in price and I can't find one that's like his. I belong to a FB group dedicated to aluminum guitars, but I never see the prices they end up selling for. l'il help?

It's a 2008 series one guitar in white. #221 Here's a link to some pics: http://imgur.com/a/v2Dgl

(ps I'm obviously not going to sell it here if I'm getting appraisal from you guys, so...sorry in advance!)

The going price for that guitar when it was new was probably about $2,200.
Since then, prices have gone up on new models, but used guitars seem to go for slightly under new price unless they are some unique design, or a body shape that can no longer be made.
My guess is that guitar should be listed for about $2,200 with an expected sale price of $1,800-$2,000.

https://reverb.com/marketplace/electric ... ar-company
benadrian
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Gaevid_Deafen on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Thanks! That's about what I guessed
Gaevid_Deafen

Postby BobbyPeru on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:43 am

Hate to do it but my EGC500 is back up for sale. #104, received from EGC in April 2007. 9/10 condition, just needs a new set of strings. Asking $1800 firm plus actual shipping cost. Would prefer to ship only to CONUS. Any questions email me at ksullivan19@gmail.com.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/ ... 76ce67.jpg
BobbyPeru
huey newton
huey newton

Postby BobbyPeru on Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:29 pm

^^^nvm just sold on Reverb^^^
BobbyPeru
huey newton
huey newton

Postby jbar on Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:44 pm

Put my order in a year ago. I know I'm supposed to be patient but man. Somebody tell me it's gonna be worth it.
jbar
liver
liver

Postby Justin Foley on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:42 pm

It's gonna be worth it. Just forget about it for a while.

= Justin
Justin Foley
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby wellbutrin on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:30 am

For me it is a lightning-in-a-bottle type guitar. Those are the best words I can find this early in the morning. I waited a long time for it. "Worth it" is pretty subjective, but it is 1 of 1 and will be in my family forever, which is a cool feeling. I'm into cars and always jealous when I hear stories like "my dad/mom/uncle ordered this Charger back in 1968 directly from the dealer yadda yadda yadda". Now I have something like that to pass along. Strictly speaking, as an instrument, it plays better than anything I've ever owned and seems to be indestructible. Both admirable and rare qualities.
wellbutrin
wolf
wolf

Postby Carl on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:40 am

wellbutrin wrote:I'm into cars and always jealous when I hear stories like "my dad/mom/uncle ordered this Charger back in 1968 directly from the dealer yadda yadda yadda". Now I have something like that to pass along.

If I ever do a revised edition of my book, I want to use this quote.

(Also, yes, worth it. When I got my baribass several months ago I intended to sell my Standard as space is finite at home. Just can't part with it though.)
dvockins wrote:That is the most pretentious bullshit I have heard in the last three years and I live in Brooklyn.
Carl
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby Redline on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:40 pm

Got 40 tickets in to win the EGC Tyranny at the BBQ, whee, I'm all sweaty now. What a great event so far, thanks everybody for helping!!

Gear drop off - Shower time before re-entry, what a fun show.
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:49 am

Crosspost from tech room -

Anybody want to trade their EGC with single coils for my EGC standard with humbuckers?
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllll
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion