home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

EA Hall of Fame

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: EA Hall of Fame

Postby steve on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:07 pm

NewDarkAge wrote:Dibs on Time to Start the Art Car for song/EP/album title.

Is there gas in the art car?
Yes there's gas in the art car.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electricalaudio dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.
steve
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby noise&light on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:43 am

steve wrote:
NewDarkAge wrote:Dibs on Time to Start the Art Car for song/EP/album title.

Is there gas in the art car?
Yes there's gas in the art car.

Can I just quote this since it's already in the HoF thread?
There's no reason
To feel all the hard times
To lay down the hard lines
It's absolutely true
noise&light
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby Jodi S. on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:53 am

From the M.I.A. thread:

big_dave wrote:That video + GoT = what you'd get if you asked the Chapman Brothers to make an approximation of the imagery which appears in Bob Geldof's head whenever he listened to The Joshua Tree.

As someone who is fascinated by the creative process and how individuals "make art", this statement is going to occupy my thoughts for at least as long as it takes for me to do my laundry today.

Thank you, Big Dave.
Jodi S.
Influential Poster

Location: I am sitting in a room, different from the one you are in.

Postby jimmy two hands on Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:27 pm

From the Enya C/NC thread:

Mick Shrimpton wrote:What do YOU listen to in the bubble bath, cocksocket?
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby J. Burns on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:06 am

whoisalhedges wrote:Nah, you gotta figure out a way to work it into the band... picture it:

A fist-pumping, anthemic, major chord song. Four on the floor, sing-along chorus, the whole nine. After the bridge and twice through the last chorus, everything cuts out except guitar and bass. A circling bass line, contrapunctual to a lone guitar playing a minor scale. Some smooth fuzz, like a ram's head Muff, maybe some light phasing or Uni-Vibe... and the slow gear. Half-notes, quarters, the occasional whole note - but a languid, lyrical, plaintive solo takes shape. After a few bars, the Slow Gear drops out - replaced by heavier phasing (or maybe disengaging the phaser altogether and kicking on a wah), overdriven-amp compression, and BOOM the fuckin' drums coming back in. The band carries you now, as you carried them with the Slow Gear. The crowd goes wild, and you get a blowjob.

Now THAT is how you use a god damned effect pedal.
J. Burns
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby whoisalhedges on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:33 pm

From the "Hating on Line 6" thread:

twelvepoint wrote:If you're scrolling through the presets on your POD and you come across "BLIZZARD", you have to play the Crazy Train riff before you move on.
"Country music must go on!" -- Austin J. Hall, September 11, 2001
whoisalhedges
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Location: Where they put chili on spaghetti, BBQ sauce on kielbasa, and men on the moon.

Postby Mason on Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:34 pm

big_dave wrote:
Image wrote:Kid wound up in hospital after spending all night standing waist-deep in raw sewage, punching himself in the face to induce an optical migraine. It's a new legal high. They callin' it Pepsi Glitter
Marsupialized wrote:'It's very important for men in bands together to French kiss, every day, even if they don't feel like it'
Mason
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby MatthewK on Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:38 am

Major wrote:
numberthirty wrote:Huh.

phpBB [media]

Finger-picked guitar: one of the most beautiful forms of music IN. THE. WORLD.

But to play it...

All the practice.

Cracked fingernails.

And who wants to touch those dirty guitar stings? GROSS!

Well welcome to the FUTURE of CLASSICAL guitar playing!

Hi, I'm Hamrold Jamir, inventor of The Hammer Jammer.

I used to love to play the finger-picked guitar, but my fingers? Eh NOT SO MUCH. Then one day, roughly 4 months before Cheryl kicked me out and took my children away from me, I had an idea. Make a little shitty plastic thing that touches the strings FOR YOU.

Let's see it in action!

Gnarly, dude!

You go, girl!

Jeff Daniels!

How much would you expect to pay for such a bitchin' device? $100? $200? Well, for a limited time only, you can own the Hammer Jammer for WHATEVER YOU WANT. Seriously! Just name your price. I have cases of these things.

You see, I really wanted to buy Hamrold, Jr. a PS4 for Christmas; I know that will get him back on my side. Money is tight this time of year. I had to cash out my 401k to make these stupid fucking things.

And my daughter, Cherold (it's a combination of "Cheryl" and "Hamrold"), oh boy. She is growing up so fast. Seems like just yesterday she was dancing in her elementary school's performance of "Porgy & Bess". Last time I saw her she was dressed up like harlot, wearing make up, a short skirt and boots like a common streetwalker. Yeah, you're a great influence there, Cheryl. You've gone a raised a WHORE and it's YOUR FAULT.
MatthewK
ella fitzgerald
ella fitzgerald

Postby Justin Foley on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:10 am

MatthewK wrote:
Major wrote:
numberthirty wrote:Huh.

phpBB [media]

Finger-picked guitar: one of the most beautiful forms of music IN. THE. WORLD.

But to play it...

All the practice.

Cracked fingernails.

And who wants to touch those dirty guitar stings? GROSS!

Well welcome to the FUTURE of CLASSICAL guitar playing!

Hi, I'm Hamrold Jamir, inventor of The Hammer Jammer.

I used to love to play the finger-picked guitar, but my fingers? Eh NOT SO MUCH. Then one day, roughly 4 months before Cheryl kicked me out and took my children away from me, I had an idea. Make a little shitty plastic thing that touches the strings FOR YOU.

Let's see it in action!

Gnarly, dude!

You go, girl!

Jeff Daniels!

How much would you expect to pay for such a bitchin' device? $100? $200? Well, for a limited time only, you can own the Hammer Jammer for WHATEVER YOU WANT. Seriously! Just name your price. I have cases of these things.

You see, I really wanted to buy Hamrold, Jr. a PS4 for Christmas; I know that will get him back on my side. Money is tight this time of year. I had to cash out my 401k to make these stupid fucking things.

And my daughter, Cherold (it's a combination of "Cheryl" and "Hamrold"), oh boy. She is growing up so fast. Seems like just yesterday she was dancing in her elementary school's performance of "Porgy & Bess". Last time I saw her she was dressed up like harlot, wearing make up, a short skirt and boots like a common streetwalker. Yeah, you're a great influence there, Cheryl. You've gone a raised a WHORE and it's YOUR FAULT.

Good post.
Justin Foley
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby smud on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:35 pm

big_dave wrote:
Redline wrote:Hillary Clinton
✔ ‎@HillaryClinton
"To every survivor of sexual assault...You have the right to be heard. You have the right to be believed. We're with you." —Hillary

phpBB [media]

For whatever reason, I think this is one of the funniest posts dave's ever made
smud
lil' ottowa fanny
lil' ottowa fanny

Postby PEPPER! on Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:10 pm

from The Ugliest guitar ever? :

ERawk wrote:
madmanmunt wrote:Image

Mosrite abortion - 18 weeks
PEPPER!
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Anthony Flack on Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:21 pm

I also liked the observation that it resembled a Werther's Original.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby El Protoolio on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:24 pm

I nominate tbone from the Trump thread

tbone wrote:The author of that article above sounds like the kind of person that repeatedly opens bogus emails and infects the entire company with viruses.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby jimmy spako on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:45 pm

Yes, I was going to comment that that's the voice of experience talking.
Isabelle Gall wrote:'Do not go smoothly into that dark night'
jimmy spako
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby tbone on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:56 pm

Yeah, I'm glad that my years of work unfucking a fucked network after that happens is finally being recognized somewhere.
I play guitar in Mayor For Life and Jackhammer Hearts
tbone
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby MatthewK on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:00 pm

FM Big John on vans:
Big John wrote:I would also like to advance what I like to call D. Boon's Van Therm- Value of Life + Value of Equipment squared to the millage Distance (in KM) to be toured = Van Price

Cheap vans always need repairs (most times in the middle of a tour on short notice in the middle of buttfuck aka more than 100 miles from where you live) sometimes more than the original price and it is always shit you can't see at the time of sale. You know the guy drove around 50 boxes of floor tiles and a the bearing have 1,000 km left in them. So getting a better (more expensive) van is a better deal. There is little worse than having the front end drop out of the vehicle at high speed (I speak from experience). For the safety of your life do not cheap out on price of your van especially in as much as you want to spend less on a motor vehicle than any of the electrical guitars you will be transporting. Get someone who knows something about vehicles to inspect the van like a car repair guy you trust, they can detect things like drive trains held together by bent nails and mufflers held in place with a belt or hanger or the ever present rust rot under the drivers seat (nothing like putting the pedal through the metal though it does help to have a "drop hatch" in case of being pulled over).

If you go for Big and Tall model remember you will have to know the bridge limits where you drive. The damage to the van can be bad but you are responsible to the damage of the bridge structure which kind of starts in the seven figure range but recouping that is just a couple big gigs away but it is something to think about.

Now the longer in length the "harder" it is to squeeze that big ole motherfucker into the small artisonal micro car and bicycle spaces available in our cities today.

Your van may require some modification but there is nothing like a nice home cooked, on the van motor, food on the road. Road kill cooking can turn the tour frown upside down and keep touring costs down and turn a money losing tour a profit.

Skinned Road Kill can also be recycled into wonderful and colorful stage outfits!

And leathers too

MatthewK
ella fitzgerald
ella fitzgerald

Postby ::: on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:21 pm

ERawk wrote:PEACE OUT Y'ALL AND SHUT THE FUCK UP AND ACTUALLY LISTEN TO WOMEN FOR A FUCKING CHANGE YOU STUPID ASS CRO-MAGNON STUPID PIECES OF SHIT

ERawk wrote:My pretend penis just came on my face
:::
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

Postby W.L.Weller on Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:16 am

surfrider wrote:My only experience with Crate was one time when i was doing a show, and the band on after us had two guitarists that both had these little plastic boxes with the word CRATE on them in large letters.

We finished playing and were tearing down. As i was taking my big, old, heavy, partridge laden amp down from off the cab (grunting and sweating a little with the weight of it), one guitarist of the next band said to me, "why the fuck do you even bother with a big old out of date thing like that, when you can just use THIS!" The thing was, he seemed so exasperated and pissed off at me as he was brandishing this external hard drive looking thing in my face. Like he really couldn't fathom why on earth i would not already have this tiny plastic device with the word CRATE on it in large letters.

I politely informed him that "oh i just really like the sound of this amp" as i was just trying to tear down quickly, get out of the way, and be civil in the process. But this just seemed to anger him even more. Vitriol spilling out of his vein-throbbing head and thrusting a laptop at me, he said "you fucking moron! Tell me the make and model of that amp and i'll just program in on here!!" He went on to load several sweet vintage amp tones with a usb cable from his laptop in to the small plastic box with the word CRATE on it.

We packed up and got a drink, then watched a little bit of the band on after us that had the two guitarists with the tiny plastic boxes with the word CRATE on them in large letters. They were not a very good band and their sweet vintage tone made me want to sit outside in the cold. Especially when the guitarist who had spoken to me earlier said before a song, "this one is dedicated to people who are stuck in the past", whilst pointing at me and looking confused with rage.

Later on, we heard them doing a "metal" cover of the Divinyls' hit, 'I Touch Myself', but changing the lyrics to: when you think about me you touch yourself.

This is my only experience with CRATE amplification.

I laughed for a long time at "partridge laden"
W.L.Weller
les nessman
les nessman

Postby PEPPER! on Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:05 pm

Marsupialized wrote:
motorbike guy wrote:
Marsupialized wrote:40 bucks for weekend all access plus food and beer.
Make sure your name is in the info.
Fill my coffers with as much as you wish and I will make you exactly that good of a PRF BBQ party.

https://paypal.me/prfbbq

Use this to throw in more than 40

http://www.prfbbq.com/shop/prfbbq2015-beverage-donation

I have not yet decided if I can make it this year.

Can you give a tentative band list, so at least I know what i'm missing if I stay home?

It's the same fucking people and bands that play at all of them, in various combinations and names, with some new ones, fuck do you think?
PEPPER!
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Boombats on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:31 pm

jeez
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion