home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: ! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Postby Bernardo on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:06 pm

zircona1 wrote:Martyrs is one of the hardest films I've had to sit through.


I found the premise so silly that it offset the whole thing.
User avatar
Bernardo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:03 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Re: ! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Postby Fat Goth on Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:21 am

'Scum' from 1979 is pretty brutal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdIr_YHdtzs
Fat Goth
jock
jock
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:10 am

Re: ! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Postby Redline on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:11 pm

"I'm the daddy now!"
Bernardo wrote:
I just saw In A Glass Cage and ended up finding this thread. It was not one of the most disturbing films I ever saw, btw.

Well then, what movie is disturbing to you, pansy boy?
User avatar
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9303
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: ! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Postby sulfur)addict on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:42 pm

I had an anxiety attack after seeing Buddy Boy at 16ish, went walking around the neighborhood at 3am to clear my head, got picked up by the cops for being underage and out past curfew.

I don't know if it's the most disturbing film ever made, but I'd never had such a visceral reaction to a movie before or since.

And I seek out psychological horror flicks! Irreversible, Henry: Portrait of a Killer, Salo, they all have too much comic relief.

I will say the climax of Les diaboliques is tense in a way that modern movies rarely accomplish.
Kerouacian as fuck.

NewDarkAge wrote:why, the fuck, would you post zizek in this thread
User avatar
sulfur)addict
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3003
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: ! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Postby Redline on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Henry: Portrait of a Killer was still pretty good, if not so disturbing. It might have seemed better when it came out, there were so many crap movies then.

It was a breath of fresh air to see a movie like that in a first-run theatre..
User avatar
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9303
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: ! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Postby first2letters on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:18 pm

Plenty of disturbing fiction in this thread; I can’t really add to the list. I will say, however, that YouTube is full of far more clips that break the wall of fiction and show us how reality is far more horrifying, and often meaningless in its cruelty. There is one particular Russian dash cam video that left me with PTSD — even thinking about it as I type this is bringing me to the edge of a panic attack.
User avatar
first2letters
godot
godot
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:33 pm

Re: ! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Postby Janeway on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:13 pm

what desire draws folks into wanting to be disturbed? that's like wanting to be purposefully annoyed

just because you CAN do something... doesnt mean you should
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
User avatar
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: here

Re: ! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Postby first2letters on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:22 pm

Janeway wrote:what desire draws folks into wanting to be disturbed? that's like wanting to be purposefully annoyed

just because you CAN do something... doesnt mean you should


Some of us need to burn our fingers before we can learn not to touch fire.
User avatar
first2letters
godot
godot
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:33 pm

Re: ! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Postby Madman Munt on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:50 am

Movie that hit me hardest and longest was Dead Ringers. Second time I watched it I was out for 24 hrs. A total mess.

After that maybe A Short Film About Killing.

Janeway wrote:that's like wanting to be purposefully annoyed


Ha. I think that's exactly why people read a lot of the shit on the internet!
User avatar
Madman Munt
amir vahedi
amir vahedi
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: ! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Postby Janeway on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:37 pm

hitchcock said to unnerve people because they crave it, and i'm like no bish, that's just the dark side of genius
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
User avatar
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: here

Re: ! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Postby Bernardo on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:51 pm

Redline wrote:"I'm the daddy now!"
Bernardo wrote:
I just saw In A Glass Cage and ended up finding this thread. It was not one of the most disturbing films I ever saw, btw.

Well then, what movie is disturbing to you, pansy boy?


I mentioned a number of them already. This one, particularly, maybe if I'd gone in cold, might have affected me more, but I came to it from mentions in "The Most Disturbing FIlm Ever Made" thread, so...

Then again, I saw Salo after hearing of its horrors for many, many years and it still left me very uneasy.
User avatar
Bernardo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:03 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Re: ! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Postby Redline on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Bernardo wrote:
Redline wrote:"I'm the daddy now!"
Bernardo wrote:
I just saw In A Glass Cage and ended up finding this thread. It was not one of the most disturbing films I ever saw, btw.

Well then, what movie is disturbing to you, pansy boy?


I mentioned a number of them already. This one, particularly, maybe if I'd gone in cold, might have affected me more, but I came to it from mentions in "The Most Disturbing FIlm Ever Made" thread, so...

Then again, I saw Salo after hearing of its horrors for many, many years and it still left me very uneasy.

I saw that at the Oriental Landmark Theatre when I was a teenager (1978), we heard so much about it we felt cheated when it was over with. The tied down guy getting scalped was pretty hairy, though.

I saw Wolf Creek with my girlfriend before she was my wife, that movie messed her up. It also helped we were on vacation in a strange place.

The Act of Killing...That was a queasy one.
phpBB [media]
User avatar
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9303
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: ! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Postby Bernardo on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Redline wrote:I saw Wolf Creek with my girlfriend before she was my wife, that movie messed her up. It also helped we were on vacation in a strange place.


That one is a rare case of a film that I didn't care for at all that disturbed me. Felt like sadism porn, instead of horror.

Redline wrote:The Act of Killing...That was a queasy one.
phpBB [media]


Yeah, been holding out on that one. It's been in my Netflix list for months.
User avatar
Bernardo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:03 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Re: ! ! The Most Disturbing Movie Ever Made ! !

Postby JM Midnight on Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:33 pm

Where the Dead Go to Die by Screamer Claus is disgusting.
I vomited while watching Buio Omega. Only time that has ever happened.
Any of the August Underground films.
Cutting Moments is bleak as hell.
JM Midnight
troll
troll
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:32 am

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests