home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby deadfate on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:18 pm

On vinyl

Zz Top - Eliminator
Arnold Schönberg - Verklärte Nacht
The Jesus Lizard - Head
Big Black - Pigpile
Sun Ra - The Magic City
George Russel Sextet - At Bethoveen Hall
Chico Hamilton with Eric Dolphy, Charles Lloyd, Gabor Szabo
Jim Hall - Live!
deadfate
ben franklin
ben franklin
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:41 am
Location: Perugia, Italy

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby Christopher on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:57 pm

Christopher wrote:
jurgis rudkus wrote:Image

Emma Ruth Rundle - Electric Guitar One

Beautiful record, a 'suite' of six parts flowing together. Think Dead Man soundtrack, Grouper, Roy Montgomery.

Ordered the vinyl from Ms. Rundle via bandcamp. 300 made.


This is so very very good. Been listening to it a lot recently. Thanks for posting!


She's selling this for $10 w/free shipping in the U.S. for the next ten days.

Absolute steal on such a fantastic record.
I guitar Conformists.
Christopher
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:52 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby Bernardo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:02 pm

vinyl for

Alice Cooper - Killer; Billion Dollar Babies (reissues)
Antonio Adolfo - Feito Em Casa
Premeditando o Breque - s/t
Electro Quarterstaff - Gretzky; Aykroid

the pressing for Gretzsky sounds partiularly great, 45rpm 2xLP.
User avatar
Bernardo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7770
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:03 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby Rémy on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:15 pm

Vinyl too :
The Who : Who's next.
Great classic and not that expensive.
User avatar
Rémy
freelance gynaecologist
freelance gynaecologist
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:05 am

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby AnthonyCinder on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Christopher wrote:
Christopher wrote:
jurgis rudkus wrote:Image

Emma Ruth Rundle - Electric Guitar One

Beautiful record, a 'suite' of six parts flowing together. Think Dead Man soundtrack, Grouper, Roy Montgomery.

Ordered the vinyl from Ms. Rundle via bandcamp. 300 made.


This is so very very good. Been listening to it a lot recently. Thanks for posting!


She's selling this for $10 w/free shipping in the U.S. for the next ten days.

Absolute steal on such a fantastic record.


That's an excellent record.

I'm doing a split with her that should be out mid year. I'm super nervous, because my skills at doing a solo-guitar record are nowhere near her talent. I doubt my side will even be comparable. But I'm excited to hear what she cooks up next!
How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette? - George Carlin

https://cindercone.bandcamp.com/
User avatar
AnthonyCinder
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
 
Posts: 2792
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 3:01 pm
Location: skull

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby jurgis rudkus on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:58 pm

AnthonyCinder wrote:
Christopher wrote:
Christopher wrote:
jurgis rudkus wrote:Image

Emma Ruth Rundle - Electric Guitar One

Beautiful record, a 'suite' of six parts flowing together. Think Dead Man soundtrack, Grouper, Roy Montgomery.

Ordered the vinyl from Ms. Rundle via bandcamp. 300 made.


This is so very very good. Been listening to it a lot recently. Thanks for posting!


She's selling this for $10 w/free shipping in the U.S. for the next ten days.

Absolute steal on such a fantastic record.


That's an excellent record.


$10 shipped? I might grab a couple for friends.

AnthonyCinder wrote:I'm doing a split with her that should be out mid year. I'm super nervous, because my skills at doing a solo-guitar record are nowhere near her talent. I doubt my side will even be comparable. But I'm excited to hear what she cooks up next!


That's cool news, AC. I look forward to that one.
Honk If You Demand Satisfaction

There is an epidemic of people being 'offended' by things as some kind of hobby.
- Mark Kozelek
User avatar
jurgis rudkus
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4129
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:16 pm
Location: MKE

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Finally:

Image
User avatar
AnthonyVillalobos
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7234
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:40 am
Location: Las Vegas/Los Angeles

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby four_oclocker_2 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Totally have to pick up that Emma Ruth Rundle record.

Here's some of the latest LPs:

Bottomless Pit - Hammer of the Gods
Dead C - Harsh 70s Reality reissue
Kraftwerk - Autobahn reissue
Kraftwerk - Radio-Activity reissue
M2 - At Land's Edge
Mission of Burma - Unsound
Police Teeth - Police Teeth

Oh! And that Cheap Trick Budokan 30th Anniversary box thing, which is really awesome. I also ordered LPs of Scrawl's Velvet Hammer and Bloodsucker, but they've yet to show up.
Jazz Titan/Ruthie Cohen


KJ/HM/MH/DB

"I'm not in the Kiss Army. But I am in the reserves, and could be called up at any time." - Warmowski
User avatar
four_oclocker_2
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3226
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:53 pm
Location: Avondale

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby LBx on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Image
Kinda just fell into my lap... Lonely folk deal. Really great.


Newest Joshua Burkett joint as well. Way too short.
User avatar
LBx
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4411
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:31 am
Location: Quebexico

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby enframed on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:50 pm

four_oclocker_2 wrote:Kraftwerk - Autobahn reissue
Kraftwerk - Radio-Activity reissue


Digital remasters of the LPs? How do they stand up to the original analog ones?
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
User avatar
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 17597
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby four_oclocker_2 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:12 am

enframed wrote:
four_oclocker_2 wrote:Kraftwerk - Autobahn reissue
Kraftwerk - Radio-Activity reissue


Digital remasters of the LPs? How do they stand up to the original analog ones?


The only other Kraftwerk LP I had was a Capitol pressing of The Man-Machine, so I can't do a side by side comparison with these particular pressings. They sound leagues better than the German versions I have on my computer and the artwork is really nicely done, so no complaints there.
Jazz Titan/Ruthie Cohen


KJ/HM/MH/DB

"I'm not in the Kiss Army. But I am in the reserves, and could be called up at any time." - Warmowski
User avatar
four_oclocker_2
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3226
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:53 pm
Location: Avondale

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:27 am

Was the Radioactivity one a recent reissue? I have a reissue copy of it from a couple years ago or so. Just seeing if maybe there's a significant difference between the two.
User avatar
AnthonyVillalobos
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7234
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:40 am
Location: Las Vegas/Los Angeles

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby four_oclocker_2 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:48 am

AnthonyVillalobos wrote:Was the Radioactivity one a recent reissue? I have a reissue copy of it from a couple years ago or so. Just seeing if maybe there's a significant difference between the two.


Nah, just the remaster that came out in...2009 or thereabouts? Cover looks like this:
Image
Jazz Titan/Ruthie Cohen


KJ/HM/MH/DB

"I'm not in the Kiss Army. But I am in the reserves, and could be called up at any time." - Warmowski
User avatar
four_oclocker_2
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3226
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:53 pm
Location: Avondale

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby enframed on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:58 am

four_oclocker_2 wrote:
AnthonyVillalobos wrote:Was the Radioactivity one a recent reissue? I have a reissue copy of it from a couple years ago or so. Just seeing if maybe there's a significant difference between the two.


Nah, just the remaster that came out in...2009 or thereabouts? Cover looks like this:
Image


Those're the ones. I'm curious about those digital remasters because "analog remaster" is usually the big selling point these days. I kinda want to see if they did anything special here.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
User avatar
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 17597
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby tallchris on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:03 pm

Image
Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
User avatar
tallchris
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8975
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 7:50 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby four_oclocker_2 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 pm

tallchris wrote:Image


Oh no way, the Suspiria soundtrack with Goblin?? Nice!
Jazz Titan/Ruthie Cohen


KJ/HM/MH/DB

"I'm not in the Kiss Army. But I am in the reserves, and could be called up at any time." - Warmowski
User avatar
four_oclocker_2
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3226
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:53 pm
Location: Avondale

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby tallchris on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:29 pm

four_oclocker_2 wrote:
tallchris wrote:Image


Oh no way, the Suspiria soundtrack with Goblin?? Nice!


Yep! Italian repress from 2000!
Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
User avatar
tallchris
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8975
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 7:50 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby four_oclocker_2 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:56 am

Very nice. One of my favorite film scores, hands down.
Jazz Titan/Ruthie Cohen


KJ/HM/MH/DB

"I'm not in the Kiss Army. But I am in the reserves, and could be called up at any time." - Warmowski
User avatar
four_oclocker_2
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3226
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:53 pm
Location: Avondale

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby Brett Eugene Ralph on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:14 am

Black Sabbath: Volume 4
Robert Palmer: Sneaking Sally Down the Alley
Tammy Wynette: Another Lonely Song
Tammy Wynette: You and Me
User avatar
Brett Eugene Ralph
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:04 am
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: What Records Have You Bought Recently?

Postby dolemite2 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:53 am

a new My Bloody Valentine LP
User avatar
dolemite2
president bartlett
president bartlett
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:00 pm
Location: 63rd and Cottage Grove

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bart favre, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], rappard and 62 guests