home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Postby kerble on Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:06 am

thanks for all the info! I think the leather money clip might work. I had a money clip, and it just cracked my driver's license over time. might rock the binder clip. got plenty of those.


re: watchband:

here's the watch.
Image
the color of the dial is sort of a combination of the two. it's a neat gunmetal color with brown undertones.

I agree with the leather getting stank, mr midgett, but I'm not going metal. too much silver looks funny on my brown skin. maybe something like a diver's band would be good. do those look wack? I'm really looking for something simple.

I'm really only going to wear it to fancy functions and such, but I may get back into wristwatches after this.

maybe.
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
User avatar
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 18773
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Heartbreaker.

Postby Colonel Panic on Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:14 am

Get one like this:

Image
All that glitters is not aluminum.
User avatar
Colonel Panic
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 17039
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:12 am
Location: The Internet

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby Justin Foley on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Bumping this because I need a wallet. (Not a watchband, though.)

Please, please. I need a wallet recommendation. I want a real goddam wallet. I don't want duct tape or anything called a clip. I want a wallet.

Requirements:

    Got to be able to hold some stuff. I need to keep receipts for work some times, I've got a bunch of stupid cards I seem to need to carry around.
    No leather.
    Needs to be able to go in and out of the front pocket of a pair of jeans with ease.

Serious, now. I will spend some money on this thing if it's good. Are any of the stainless steel thread ones good? I am so desperate here I am considering something I saw in fucking SKYMALL.

One of you knows. One of you knows and will tell me. Oh God, this wallet I have sucks, and the last one sucked and the one before that was nylon and had GoBots on it and that was like 6 years ago.

= Justin

PS - The first one of you who tells me to buy something made out of recycled bike inner tubes will ... I will be so mad at you I can't even ... I just can't even finish this thought I will be so mad. Just THINKING about how mad I will be makes me mad.

PPS - Please. I need a recommendation.



I am so miserable with this terrible, broken wallet that sucks so bad.
Justin Foley
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:16 pm
Location: NYC

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby motorbike guy on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:40 pm

just go to macys. they have an entire table of wallets for like $27.

why the fuck does everything have to be so complicated?

you need a reccomendation on some socks too?
Robert Ohlmstead wrote:Our warlike impulses and warlike pride are dangerously coupled with our insufferable vanity, our permanent immaturity, our lives of fear and pleasure.
User avatar
motorbike guy
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4186
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:49 pm
Location: hope well

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby kerble on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:03 pm

motorbike guy wrote:why the fuck does everything have to be so complicated?

you need a recommendation on some socks too?


Sometimes a man just wants what he wants. I never buy anything unless it is the perfect thing, the right tool for the job, beautifully made, etc. I'm always happy to do tons of research before purchasing. sometimes you go to the store and see the perfect thing, but if you haven't, looking it up means you're spending your money exactly how you want.

Justin!

I use a clip, so I am of no help, but I remember that some dudes from the board bought wallets from the people that make couch guitar straps, and they were both very happy.

g'luck!


Faiz
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
User avatar
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 18773
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Heartbreaker.

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby Mick Shrimpton on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Cute cashiers compliment me on my wallet. When's the last time anyone noticed your boring old leather wallet, grandpa?

Image
User avatar
Mick Shrimpton
first class
first class
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:34 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby 1009 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:41 pm

Last year for my birthday my wife got me a wallet by Mighty Wallet. As far as I can tell, it is made from an authentic CTA map (although she bought it in Seattle). It's definitely gotten some attention, providing a significant aide in some wingman-duty I had a few months back (and which I performed to perfection, I might add, successfully distracting a pair of girlfriends for my buddy, who, like the douche he is, only went on one date with the target lady).

I've only had it since November, but it's held together pretty well: got cash in there, cards, spot for receipts, etc.
Prime numbers and tonal clusters with Radiant Republic.

Bass in the Heavy Bombers We're on the PRF Singles Comp Q1.

Sax with Begin By Gathering Supplies.

Terrible News.
User avatar
1009
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: Ville d'Swedes

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby lemur68 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:57 pm

Justin Foley wrote:Bumping this because I need a wallet. (Not a watchband, though.)

Please, please. I need a wallet recommendation. I want a real goddam wallet. I don't want duct tape or anything called a clip. I want a wallet.

Requirements:

    Got to be able to hold some stuff. I need to keep receipts for work some times, I've got a bunch of stupid cards I seem to need to carry around.
    No leather.
    Needs to be able to go in and out of the front pocket of a pair of jeans with ease.

Serious, now. I will spend some money on this thing if it's good. Are any of the stainless steel thread ones good? I am so desperate here I am considering something I saw in fucking SKYMALL.

One of you knows. One of you knows and will tell me. Oh God, this wallet I have sucks, and the last one sucked and the one before that was nylon and had GoBots on it and that was like 6 years ago.

= Justin

PS - The first one of you who tells me to buy something made out of recycled bike inner tubes will ... I will be so mad at you I can't even ... I just can't even finish this thought I will be so mad. Just THINKING about how mad I will be makes me mad.

PPS - Please. I need a recommendation.



I am so miserable with this terrible, broken wallet that sucks so bad.


Why no leather? I've had two wallets in 20 years and that was only because I lost the first one.
big_dave wrote:This is just about finding a dorky selfie on his blogspot?

Jesus, this is the Space Ace by Don Bluth of internet intrigue.
User avatar
lemur68
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 18283
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:52 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby Justin Foley on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:59 pm

motorbike guy wrote:just go to macys. they have an entire table of wallets for like $27.

why the fuck does everything have to be so complicated?

you need a reccomendation on some socks too?


I'm sorry. Did you miss the fucking part of my post where I noted that my last three attempts to do this on my own ended in stinking failure? Was I unclear at all that I pathetically have to rely on the unsourced advice of acquaintances and near strangers to help me do this better than I can do it for myself? Was there a single part of my whining post - even one single part - that you can go back and point to and say "why, here's a grown man who seems capable of just dealing with this shit, handling it"?

No, no and no. I can record an album by myself - from whispy song ideas to reels of 1/2" analog master tape (with printed tones, natch). I can be dumped in the parking lot of a nursing home and stand as good a chance as anyone you will ever know of working the employees of it to get ready to strike. I can make a marriage to a wonderful woman work for over ten years (including working on raising 2 kids and not once being even an hour late on our home mortgage payments). But for some unexplainable reason I cannot figure out how to buy a wallet that I like on my own. So, yeah, I do need someone to lead me through this by my snot dripping nose and so I prostrate myself before the collective knowledge of this board and its posters.

(But I'm good for socks, thanks.)

NOW MAKE WITH THE "Here's what you need, JFo", Y'ALL.

= Justin

PS - Tyvek wallet looks cool, but it's too thin. Price is nice, though.

PPS - No leather because I'm a vegetarian.
Justin Foley
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:16 pm
Location: NYC

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby johnhastie on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:57 am

Justin Foley wrote:NOW MAKE WITH THE "Here's what you need, JFo", Y'ALL.

= Justin

PS - Tyvek wallet looks cool, but it's too thin. Price is nice, though.

PPS - No leather because I'm a vegetarian.


Hey Justin... Here's the one i have. I like it a lot and it's lasted for what seems like a really long time.. I bought myself a back-up but so far I haven't needed it.

Suppossedly sweatshop free, too.

http://www.veganstore.com/product/339/vegan-wallets

By the way: socks can be really tough but as far as i can tell Wigwam is a responsible, union shop from what I understand.
I play guitar in this band ----> http://nonagonchicago.bandcamp.com/

"Dude, haters are a sure sign that you're getting it right." --numberthirty
User avatar
johnhastie
puggy pearson
puggy pearson
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:15 am
Location: chicago

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby John Houlihan on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:15 am

Just don't get no wallet that's like, on the straight-up Gumby tip.

Image
User avatar
John Houlihan
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6963
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:55 pm
Location: Low and outside

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby Somnambulist on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:28 am

Big Skinny makes awesome slim wallets that are cheap. I am on my first one still after 2 years and I always carry it in my front pocket. My wife bought me a Couch wallet too but I used it once and went back to the Big Skinny Wallet because the Couch wallet was so much thicker.

The particular one I use is this:

http://www.bigskinny.net/card-case.html

Here is a picture of mine with a pen for scale:

Image

and open - my drivers license and another card go on the clear side, the other side is holding 6 plastic credit card sized cards and will easily hold more.

Image

They have tons of different styles and options and most of them are non-leather. I'd highly recommend checking them out.
User avatar
Somnambulist
arrow of light
arrow of light
 
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:48 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby seanurban on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:16 am

motorbike guy wrote:you need a reccomendation on some socks too?
how have we not done this? i could've sworn......
User avatar
seanurban
King High
 
Posts: 4693
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:22 pm

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby motorbike guy on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:50 am

Justin Foley wrote:
motorbike guy wrote:just go to macys. they have an entire table of wallets for like $27.

why the fuck does everything have to be so complicated?

you need a reccomendation on some socks too?


I'm sorry. Did you miss the fucking part of my post where I noted that my last three attempts to do this on my own ended in stinking failure? Was I unclear at all that I pathetically have to rely on the unsourced advice of acquaintances and near strangers to help me do this better than I can do it for myself? Was there a single part of my whining post - even one single part - that you can go back and point to and say "why, here's a grown man who seems capable of just dealing with this shit, handling it"?

No, no and no. I can record an album by myself - from whispy song ideas to reels of 1/2" analog master tape (with printed tones, natch). I can be dumped in the parking lot of a nursing home and stand as good a chance as anyone you will ever know of working the employees of it to get ready to strike. I can make a marriage to a wonderful woman work for over ten years (including working on raising 2 kids and not once being even an hour late on our home mortgage payments). But for some unexplainable reason I cannot figure out how to buy a wallet that I like on my own. So, yeah, I do need someone to lead me through this by my snot dripping nose and so I prostrate myself before the collective knowledge of this board and its posters.

(But I'm good for socks, thanks.)

NOW MAKE WITH THE "Here's what you need, JFo", Y'ALL.

= Justin

PS - Tyvek wallet looks cool, but it's too thin. Price is nice, though.

PPS - No leather because I'm a vegetarian.



Justin

easy big guy. i apologize for my tone. was just funnin' wit ya.

I also missed the part about no leather. that makes things much more difficult.

here, try this one:
Image

The Rook Wallet from Chrome. I have a chrome messenger bag that I have had for about 8 years, and the thing is insanely great. I have no reason to believe that their wallet is less than great.

It is $20. Order here:
http://www.chromebagsstore.com/bags/accessories/rook-wallet.html
Robert Ohlmstead wrote:Our warlike impulses and warlike pride are dangerously coupled with our insufferable vanity, our permanent immaturity, our lives of fear and pleasure.
User avatar
motorbike guy
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4186
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:49 pm
Location: hope well

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby Rimbaud III on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:49 am

Justin Foley wrote:I can record an album by myself - from whispy song ideas to reels of 1/2" analog master tape (with printed tones, natch). I can be dumped in the parking lot of a nursing home and stand as good a chance as anyone you will ever know of working the employees of it to get ready to strike. I can make a marriage to a wonderful woman work for over ten years (including working on raising 2 kids and not once being even an hour late on our home mortgage payments). But for some unexplainable reason I cannot figure out how to buy a wallet that I like on my own. So, yeah, I do need someone to lead me through this by my snot dripping nose and so I prostrate myself before the collective knowledge of this board and its posters.

(But I'm good for socks, thanks.)

NOW MAKE WITH THE "Here's what you need, JFo", Y'ALL.

= Justin


=Justin, I like you, which is why I want to help. But you need to let go. You will probably never find the 'perfect' wallet. I don't even think it's a wallet you really want. That suppressed-but-ever-present ennui won't go away with the purchase of a pouch for your Chevy Chase credit cards and vintage Pogs. Go out. Hug a man. Buy him a drink. Tell him you feel what he does. He will probably hug you back and you will know that even if everything isn't going to be great, it will at least be okay.

Or you could sew a sack into the lining of all your trousers that you can only access through an open fly. This has worked for me. When I ask people if they'd like a tip they politely decline.
User avatar
Rimbaud III
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7563
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:38 am
Location: Shortstackistan

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby Mason on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:06 am

Hey Faiz (also Justin, but especially relevant to Faiz),

These are handsome.
Marsupialized wrote:'It's very important for men in bands together to French kiss, every day, even if they don't feel like it'
User avatar
Mason
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer
 
Posts: 4972
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:42 pm

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby Justin Foley on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:52 am

motorbike guy wrote:
easy big guy. i apologize for my tone. was just funnin' wit ya.

I also missed the part about no leather. that makes things much more difficult.

here, try this one:
Image

The Rook Wallet from Chrome. I have a chrome messenger bag that I have had for about 8 years, and the thing is insanely great. I have no reason to believe that their wallet is less than great.

It is $20. Order here:
http://www.chromebagsstore.com/bags/accessories/rook-wallet.html


That thing looks sweet. Strongly considering it.

(No apologies needed. I used your legitimate teasing as a way to poke fun at myself.)

= Justin
Justin Foley
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:16 pm
Location: NYC

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby Justin Foley on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:54 am

Mason wrote:Hey Faiz (also Justin, but especially relevant to Faiz),

These are handsome.


Do look nice (esp that $160 (!) black clasp one), but too cow-y.

= Justin
Justin Foley
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:16 pm
Location: NYC

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby alex maiolo on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:50 pm

I'm a sucker for Freitag stuff. They make bags out of old European truck tarps, seatbelts and innertubes and they look like a million bucks.
On the subject, they are a bit pricey, but I don't care because they are obviously durable, and each one is essentially a piece of art because it's one of a kind.
Check it out:

Image

They make wallets too. They are a lot less money, but equally cool.


Image

-A
dontfeartheringo wrote:If $100 is too much for you to spend on a microphone maybe you should find a new hobby. People like you seem to like Magic: The Gathering a lot.
User avatar
alex maiolo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7367
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 11:47 pm
Location: Chapel Hill NC (please excuse my english)

Re: I wanna buy a wallet anna watchband.

Postby mazacultura on Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:01 pm

only here wrote:
motorbike guy wrote:you need a reccomendation on some socks too?
how have we not done this? i could've sworn......


We totally did, and totally gave people shit for not dropping $15 on a pair of merino wool socks. Because we're totally like that.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54843&p=1312154
User avatar
mazacultura
meatball enthusiast
meatball enthusiast
 
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:17 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 16 guests