home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Pass along some love...

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Pass along some love...

Postby Bradley R. Weissenberger on Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:33 pm

Pass along some love...

Here's the idea: say hello, thank you, salut! or what have you to some other member of this forum. Perhaps this person has made you smile or think/reassess. Perhaps this person has clued you in on some great new rock. Or perhaps you simply enjoy this person's posts.

You do not know this person at a personal level. It has nothing to do with this person's music or art. You might not even share this person's opinions as expressed in this forum. You simply enjoy this person's posts.

Bonus points for supergushiness.

I'll start: I love aaron's posts. I love his acerbic wit. He's a smart, opinionated person who articulates his thoughts well. I like reading what aaron has to say.

A lifetime achievement award also goes to 6-4-3. He posted some personal baseball experiences that made me laugh laugh laugh. Oh how I laughed.

Okay! It's your turn, skirts! Pass along some love!
Bradley R. Weissenberger
King Of All The Taverns

Postby johnnyshape on Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:06 pm

There's something about click-my-heels-midair that fair brightens up my day. I think I probably just love the username more than anything else.

And justinc for making the 'Celebrating an Otari MTR-90' pic - a site-specific comic art installation if ever there was one.
http://www.electricalaudio.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2535
johnnyshape
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby horsewhip on Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:55 pm

I always enjoy TooManyHelicopters' posts. Something about his slightly bratty, slightly absurd humor makes me chuckle at my compter screen.

Also, I like aaron's avatar. "I Am Kurious Oranj" is a very underrated Fall album.
horsewhip
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby toomanyhelicopters on Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:00 pm

it's hard to do this without feeling kinda unclean. but it's important to do. i also fear that someone will be sad that i didn't pick them. that pussy!

for posts that i find most witty and entertaining, that make me often laugh out loud, or at least on the inside, i hafta say there's really a handful of folks who all stick out... in alphabetical order then. Dylan, Hosoi, Intern_8033, kerble, Mayfair. these are all guys where i'm so totally glad they post here, i don't think the board would be half as fun without them. Hosoi and Intern_8033 both also fall in the total jerkass category, meaning that many of their posts that i find most entertaining can have a kinda meanish feel to them, but in a very funny way. and Dylan and kerble, i dig the sensibilities. and that Mayfair guy, don't even get me started! anybody i can trade billy joel lyrics with is jake in my book.

last minute addition, i just remembered, the "stealthily funny guy who doesn't seem to be around so much lately" award goes to Guy Mercier. great posts. though his english is a little too solid... hrm... also, the avatar, forty three thumbs up.

also, without getting all kissass which i hate, can i say that bob is freakin awesome? the fact that he has (or makes) the time to answer questions is such a gift to us all. there's so much good information on this site, but sometimes it's a tough read to know how much to trust someone. like if i was not me, and i was reading a post by the me that i wouldn't be, where i say "try setting up XYZ mic like so and so" i would have to wonder, what the fuck does this clown know about anything anyways? a great thing with bob is that since he's engineered so many great albums, including my favorite album of all time, i *know* that what he says is aces; it's so very proven in his work. and taking it a step further, his posture just seems really friendly. cheers!

PS - shut it, horsewhip! ;)
toomanyhelicopters
priss

Postby Redline on Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:31 pm

Horsewhip, ya stole my thunda, cuz toomany is da bomb, he's salty as hell but brings much off the hook goodness and what up with him bein' on TWO other sites besides him talkin' his shit here, dog must be retired or somethin'. Also mad love straight out to Dylan, cuz, ya know, he's all insightful and shit. Damn, whut up with Bradley R., he thinks up good ideas like this and uses big words and shit but also let me be the first kiss-ass bitch-ass to toss out props to mr. busy Steve A, like he can write about boring-ass baseball and make me like reading it, the muthafuckaz got some skills to be doing that shit, sorry about any I didn't shout out to, I aint mad at ya, keep it low key and sucker free, PEACE.

JT
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby newcopcar on Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:39 pm

I do searches for both Dylan's and TooManyHelicopters' recent posts SEVERAL times a day. Great, great stuff.
newcopcar
fletcher rabbit
fletcher rabbit

Postby Andrew Weatherhead on Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:11 pm

Andrew Weatherhead
rocky mountain oysters
rocky mountain oysters

Postby cgarges on Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:44 pm

Michaeltheangryrussian has proven to be a very cool guy.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
cgarges
benny binion
benny binion

Postby Andrew L. on Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:33 am

I’m a relative new-comer and there are too many regulars I appreciate to name really.

I’m always especially delighted to see the white and blue Rd avatar; Kerble’s shot my mind out the roof of my skull several times on the Kenny thread; toomanyposts is fun, puts me at ease, and generally makes me feel better about my life; Intern_8033 is clearly a brilliant and shining nerd. Hugs and kisses to everyone though. I will never remember any of the times you’ve made me snort and guffaw.
Andrew L.
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby aaron on Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:46 am

i don't feel as though i add much to the discourse around here; most of the regular posters are considerably more knowledgeable (and witty) than i am, which is why i read this board.

i suspect tmidgett could make a living writing about music, or any number of other things.

i think dylan played on "destroy all music," and that record rules.

horsewhip--it is an underrated album! the fall is easily my favorite band!
aaron
avery fisher
avery fisher

Postby Dylan on Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:29 am

Man, what is this Pay It Forward shit?!?

Just kidding - I would say without exception (well, okay Moe Ron and that guy who wanted to pick up chicks on Friendster), I hope to meet every single person on this forum. I don't hang out on any other boards, but this one has made me feel most welcome. I enjoy and respect nearly everyone here.
Dylan
Supreme Commander at the Forefront
Supreme Commander at the Forefront

Postby timmx on Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:40 am

I will give props to Russ since, at least as far as I know, he made this whole damn board possible.
timmx
marshall
marshall

Postby the Classical on Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:04 am

I would like to pass the love to crew of regular Kenny posters (mr chimp, mayfair, kerble, placholder, the midge, toomany, stack, angus jung, schnappM, brad &c.) for making my laugh out daily and for raising the bar of the game to the point were I fret and worry about my kennies all day long. salute!
the Classical

Postby russ on Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:22 am

timmx wrote:I will give props to Russ since, at least as far as I know, he made this whole damn board possible.

YES! I finally got one. Took you guys long enough. :wink:

Seriously, thank Steve for saying to me, "I want you to build a website for the studio." And thanks to all you losers, uh, I mean, cool guys for making this forum a considerable success. [An aside: do you guys bookmark the frontpage or the forum page?]

I really had no faith whatsoever that anyone was going to post on here, although I thought it was worth a shot. I don't think anyone else here really thought a message board was a good idea either.

So, where all the thanks should be placed is to those people who keep this virtual thing alive by constantly posting things that people think/feel/or can't wait to respond to. If you don't know who you are, take a look at the top 31 posters list. :lol:

russ
russ
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

Postby placeholder on Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:50 am

i second the thanks to russ, for making this board happen.

i honestly can't think of any regular posters here who i don't like. i initially came here, knowing nothing about recording, to pick up tips for recording my own band. though i don't think i've ever posted anything in the tech room, i really want to thank everyone here for all the info in there.

salut, everyone who played rank, and everyone doin' the kenny now. umm...kerble has said a bunch of funny stuff. brad w, tmidgett, the classical, mayfair, dylan, tmh, and mr. chimp all seem like stand-up guys, and i like reading what they have to say. i like reading what pretty much everyone here has to say.
placeholder
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby russ on Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:02 am

placeholder wrote:i second the thanks to russ, for making this board happen.

That's two! But I'm not counting.
russ
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

Postby toomanyhelicopters on Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:23 am

for the record, i think russ is singlehandedly responsible for ruining this site. no, more than that, for ruining the entire internet. anybody who's saying nice things about him has obviously never met him. he's mean, stupid, ugly, and he seriously malodorus.

cheers russ. many thanks for the great site. also, to answer your question, my bookmark is to the forum page.
LVP wrote:If, say, 10% of lions tried to kill gazelles, compared with 10% of savannah animals in general, I think that gazelle would be a lousy racist jerk.
toomanyhelicopters
priss

Postby placeholder on Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:11 pm

russ wrote:[An aside: do you guys bookmark the frontpage or the forum page?]

i bookmarked the front page when i found the site.
placeholder

Postby Ike on Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:54 pm

Mayfair, for his kindness in all ways--he genuinely seems like a caring individual.

Midge, for his handy advice in espresso, baseball, and filmic areas

And Hosoi, for making me laugh outloud.

SALUT!!

Ikenzzi
Ike
the white ho
the white ho

Postby Maurice on Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:27 pm

Gotta give it up for the Midge, Spoot, and Barry Phipps--great musicians and fine human beings all, which I can verify having met them.

Many props to Russ for setting the whole thing up.

I eagerly check out posts by the above, and by Steve, Mr. Weissenberger, Mayfair, Ike, Stack, and a bunch of others whose names I recognize when I see them, but they're teflon coated and I can't remember them now.

Also, I have been highly entertained by various posts by Jet, Hosoi, and (G-d help me) 'copters. (No offense, 'copters.)
music every week | here, too | and here | snwv | other stuff

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I ask you: What the fuck?
Maurice

Next

Return to General Discussion