home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

dadness

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: dadness

Postby Pure L on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:32 pm

I'm in the EXACT same situation as you, Teacher's Pet.

We did the whole Little House on The Prairie series and that went over pretty well.

Now though my 8 yr old (girl) is really into Dogman which seems like kind of a dumb comic to me.
Pure L
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby Anthony Flack on Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:31 pm

Horrible Histories. My elder daughter plowed through that book series.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Facundo on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:06 pm

EDIT: moved to uncleness thread due to FM travis k claim.
Last edited by Facundo on Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I suffered. Now I 'm looking happier. Around 16€ in my bank account, been not paid but worked. Everyone will know anyway in a near day, future is close from today. Be happy (someday) if you can. I need a home and to cook foods.
Facundo
bill buckner
bill buckner

Postby travis k on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:31 pm

^ uncleness thread
travis k
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby seanurban on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:40 am

Teacher's Pet wrote:It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

My 8-year-old daughter is getting really into reading, she digs the 'Wonder' books (now a major motion picture) and also these silly Jedi junior comic/cartoon books.

Any recommendations for non-shitty reading material, including graphic novels or comics, would be appreciated. Extra points for science, history, girl power, and music.

My nine year old loved Wonder. It's a decent movie too. Try not to cry.
The Spy School series is fantastic. Funny dialogue and action. There's a new one out now.
Doll People, That time I joined the circus, and Stuart Gibbs are also on her library holds.
seanurban
King High

Postby prowler on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:52 am

so I've been accumulating some anxiety over the past weeks. We're entering the 4th month and my worry is that my gf isn't taking care of herself as she should, basically working way too much. Last checkup was OK overall, but apparently there's a small risk of arteries clogging (I guess that's what it is), which should be treated with more sleep, less stress, etc, basically the opposite of what's going on. She's always been like this but now she's not the only one affected. I know she cares, but it's just so hard to get the priorities straight.

i've been doing my best to lighten the load but i just feel helpless. I oscillate between holding it in so as not to add to her stress and trying to talk about it, which also feels unproductive when nothing changes. I just end up trying to focus on other things, like working on music and buying fucking bitcoin, then feel guilty for not doing enough. But what is there to do?

sorry, just needed to vent. I'm sure I'm overreacting and it'll turn out fine.
prowler
took picture of naked guy
took picture of naked guy

Postby djimbe on Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:44 am

FM prowler, my wife was minding a 15 month old, was pregnant with our youngest, and was starting her own brick and mortar business all at the same time. Things turned out fine, and she didn't have gestational diabetes like she did with the first. Make sure your gf eats well, takes appropriate prenatal vitamins and gets some measure of regular sleep. Your job at this point should be facilitating those activities. Do the shopping, keep the living space orderly, do the laundry...that sort of thing. If you're not helping with those mundane aspects you need to learn becuase that kind of help will be invaluable for Momma when the child arrives.

You're going to be a dad. Anxiety is expected at times.
djimbe
cool kid
cool kid

Postby travis k on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:45 pm

My daughter has heard pretty much allyje varieties of profanity from movies/TV, as well
as out on the street. She's 11 and I've never heard her swear. Her mother and I both swear
fairly regularly.
Anyway, she asked me if she can have "shit" for Christmas.
She wants to be able to say shit. Not at school, of course .
I think she's earned it. I'm gonna write "shit" on a piece of
paper and then gift wrap in an envelope. I just hope it's
not too much of a Pandora's box and next year it's
"Cock sucker motherfucker".
travis k
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby seanurban on Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:00 pm

All her friends bragging about their Christmas presents... "I got shit!"
seanurban
King High

Postby travis k on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Text exchange yesterday between myself and mother in law
Me: Chloe wants to be able to say shit from now on as a Xmas present
Her: What the hell?!
Me: No ....shit.
travis k
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby Teacher's Pet on Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:24 pm

Anthony Flack wrote:Horrible Histories. My elder daughter plowed through that book series.

I got a few of these second-hand and they seemed like a hit right away.

I got 'Spy School' too. Thanks!

Merry Christmas to all, and I'm going to fucking bed, I'm exhausted.
Teacher's Pet
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby the finger genius on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:07 am

phpBB [media]
steve wrote:...kosher sound systems.

Eighteen Hundred and Froze to Death
the finger genius
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

Postby hylje on Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:50 am

Our girl turned three months yesterday. She also turned from tummy to back yesterday. At first it was bit of a struggle, then she was flipping like a pro.

She has been a really easy baby. She smiles, sleeps a lot and yells little commands to us.

Being a parent is awesome. I love this little human so much.

Of course it's also terrifying. She has a minor heart condition that doesn't really do much, but still makes us worry every time something's wrong.
hylje
carter family
carter family

Postby jimmy spako on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:03 pm

Congratulations little one and hang in there hylje, I was kind of on edge about such things for the first number of months too – SIDS is also spooky stuff and it's good to try to follow the rules diligently (mostly just regarding the sleeping situation and position) but try not to drive yourself crazy about such things. They quickly become amazingly robust, me and the little one were wrastling around already after the first couple months.

Casey turned ten-months-old yesterday. Over the past week he started walking, like straight-up walking across the room with no assistance. Me and D. just had a little argument here after supper and he clapped for the first time when it was over. He has a number of private jokes and laughs all the time. After ten months of basically living in one room together the whole time, we found a place that is almost twice the size of the current place at the same price, maybe twenty blocks south of where we live now, five minutes by bus. Set to sign the contract this week and move in by the first of March. It's next to a big park and a couple blocks from where the Wall used to be, which is now a wide bike path down on that stretch. It's also less than five minutes from the nursery school that C. will most likely be going to come next fall. We can't wait, it's going to make things a lot more relaxed and pleasant.
Isabelle Gall wrote:'Do not go smoothly into that dark night'
jimmy spako
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Anthony Flack on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:35 pm

hylje wrote:She also turned from tummy to back yesterday. At first it was bit of a struggle, then she was flipping like a pro.

Oh, then you're about to transition to the stage where the baby no longer stays where you put her. It won't take long for her to figure out that rolling over can be used as a form of locomotion.

IT BEGINS
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Janeway on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:19 pm

there’s this precious sad when the youngest is done with diapers, a relief but mostly youll miss it, all the bottle dishes and diaper groceries and hassle, it’s just potty training, school, smarter, taller, then they have hormones and are learning to drive while they’re learning to drive you crazy. it happens in t5minutes, it’s like, remember 2016 when we lost bowie and the a bunch of others and the cubs won with the world series and America lost with trump... that was already 2 years ago...

goes by much too fast , like Ferris bueller says about stopping to smell the roses. that’s children every single day.

god it kills me every fucking day
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby Boombats on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:51 pm

I didn't know you had kids. How old are they?
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Anthony Flack on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:40 pm

I have one coming up 15 and one coming up 4, and knowing from the first one that what seems like forever is actually really brief, I've been feeling really emotional about that time rushing by for the second and final time.

So I'll move onto the next phase of life and that will be cool, midlife crisis activities and so on, maybe try to pick up what's left of my career or I don't know. Nothing of any great significance probably. House will be tidier.

But that time with your little buddy, when they are so young and you are so tight, is the most magical time. I will miss it. I almost miss it already.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby travis k on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:08 pm

My daughter is 11 and we are still pretty tight. I'm aware that I'm on borrowed time.
travis k
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby Boombats on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:41 pm

I was asking Janeway
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion