home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

dadness

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: dadness

Postby Anthony Flack on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:55 pm

I knows it, I was responding to what she said.

And I still have a good relationship with the teenager, but once they hit puberty you kinda start wanting them to move out. They start to smell like something that should be living somewhere else.

It is nature's way.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Janeway on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:11 am

i dont have birth kids i was the help, youngest is 18 now. now im 30 and dr says im too weak to have my own kids. my chance for being a mother got used up and now im just lucky to have survived dyin in 2016 so i can hope for some kinda sandra bullock “maybe I can adopt when I’m 50” bs that wasn’t my dream in life at all.

the cruel thing is ... there were a lot of cruel things, but i especially didn’t like getting toys i had to take care of, like giving pet rocks to a kennel like “what am I supposed to do with this do you see im juggling live folks “

phpBB [media]

zapf! i didn’t need to feed and change a tang eating tang poopin baby doll, i had a newborn on a oxygen tank that needed nebulizing while the other two needed fun and an escape from abuse central.

I’m so burnt out but i still get that reward, that elixir when they study with you all semester and struggle all four years of college and get the highest grade in their worst class, when they’ve never been able to prove the self academically and now it’s graduation? going from showing me artwork to showing me hott guys and transitioning from a guide to an equal in adulthood. im proud of the family ive built even though im told im the alice, i just do the work and offer cohesion but they’re the brady bunch without me. it’s hard surrogating a parental role, but it’s never an easy task to fall in the sword.

this one was a blast around the house even for the dogs

phpBB [media]

for the record I’ve experienced childbirth as much as any dadness on here with pregnancy care, naming, support, quitting music to keep the place a silent baby zone (saxophone practice clashes with idyllic pregnancy), everything. my career my time my health my training at american red cross, carpooling feeding raising writing every college entrance exam and never sleeping or selling out or leaving folks behind. i was born into this call of duty and my tour is finally over with a transition into adulthood I can be proud of. that’s as close to a diamond as I’ll ever get in this life.

here’s the doll that ate my hair christmas morning and put it in its backpack. santa messed up big time with this one

phpBB [media]

stop eating hair and carrying it in your backpack you haunted doll
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby Janeway on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:07 am

omg do you guys think alice from the brady bunch was 30? oh gosh that’s not what i want to look like. wtf.
Janeway

Postby the finger genius on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:13 am

Lots of milestones have me feeling this way lately. Brought the crib down to the curb last week and teared up a bit realizing there's not going to be any more babies in our house.
steve wrote:...kosher sound systems.

Eighteen Hundred and Froze to Death
the finger genius
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

Postby Anthony Flack on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:05 pm

My little girl just saw this page open and Janeway she really wants your lollipop.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Janeway on Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:04 am

awwww :smt006
Janeway

Postby tbone on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:24 pm

My son turned 6 today. Also my daughter hit the 10 month mark this past Saturday.

Time, she flies! Too fast!
I play guitar in Mayor For Life and Jackhammer Hearts
tbone
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Janeway on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:13 pm

you guys, how could baby born cry and eat tang and crap and not need batteries? clearly possessed dolls were on the market...
Janeway

Postby Janeway on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:47 pm

haha
phpBB [media]
Janeway

Postby jimmy spako on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:29 pm

Went swimming with my little dude for the first time today.
In the pool, no one can see your tears of dadness.
Good, special little day.
Isabelle Gall wrote:'Do not go smoothly into that dark night'
jimmy spako
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Janeway on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:44 pm

^^wow did i put up the wrong link haha I don’t know who the computer guy was but the fuckin break ad was hilarious

^awesome swimming is the best! when they’re little you hold them on your hip and bounce them in and out of the water singing “bouncy bouncy “ like ring around the rosy or something, they can be fully out and go in to the neck and its the biggest giggles

when they’re older it’s all about them carrying you like a baby because you float and they support your cradled body haha and get the biggest kick about being home able to hold you when they’re so small

older still it’s surfing on your back while you skim the bottom of the pool swimming the length and letting them feel like surf stars

older again it’s standing and letting them jump off the top of your thighs for big splashes in the deep end

and then oldest junior high age it’s finally about friends and significant others, but there’s still pool games like marco polo and making wave pool and whirlpools.

then teen angst they want to be left alone

then older again and you get to teach them floating beer pong and jumping from the trampoline into the center of the pool

then when they’re adults with you on equal level and want to have boys over and you’re trying to chill you tell them sure but everybody has to stand in one place while I go about doing my thing like a boss bish sometimes needs to do with her pool time
phpBB [media]

haha we joked last summer that ya guys were welcome but i was welcome to walk on their backs with my high heels and the joke spun into guy friends becoming pool boys for the day. my pimp cup diamonds said “thorough bitch” before I broke it later on. haha good memory :D
Janeway

Postby the finger genius on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:15 pm

jimmy spako wrote:Went swimming with my little dude for the first time today.
In the pool, no one can see your tears of dadness.
Good, special little day.

Awesome, I took both boys swimming this afternoon, it's the best.

the finger genius
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

Postby Verbs & Nouns on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:13 pm

Made a Spotify playlist for my 2 and a bit year old son to listen to in the car so we don’t have to listen to one song on repeat. He’s a big fan of late 90’s / early 2000’s “dance punk” (for lack of a better description). His favourite track is probably “Deformative” by Black Eyes (known as the “more” song). He also thinks vocoder is pretty funny, and loves singing “Do it” to NOTH1NG 3V3R CHAN935 by Braniac.

It’s pretty funny that I have a kid that is obsessed with (semi) obscure indie rock bands, half of which have broken up. Can’t wait until he’s a teen and backlashes against this and listens to generic top 40.

Here’s the Spotify playlist.

He’s also at the stage of not wanting to wear clothes, or get dressed and it’s a nightmare to hold him down to change him. He has also learnt that “cheeky Elliott” means he’s being a bit naughty, so he now announces he’s “cheeky Elliott” and does naughty stuff.
Verbs & Nouns
quetzalcoatl
quetzalcoatl

Postby the finger genius on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:28 pm

Not sure if I already posted this but just in case

the finger genius
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

Postby Thanasis on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:30 pm

the finger genius wrote:Lots of milestones have me feeling this way lately. Brought the crib down to the curb last week and teared up a bit realizing there's not going to be any more babies in our house.

We gave my daughter's crib a good clean before hand and sold it to a guy that was about to become a dad for the first time. My wife, daughter and I all felt pretty good that some new baby was going to get to use it again.
Thanasis
that guy from the opening band
that guy from the opening band

Postby djimbe on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:33 am

man, the old crib thing. Back in 2002 I built a super fancy solid cherry crib for my buddy's 2nd kid. I figured why not? I'll never have kids of my own (I was 38 then). That kid used it, then it got passed around to 5 other kids had by friends of dude or his extended family. Comes 2013 and I actually DID have a kid of my own. I got the crib back! Took some looking, but it was found and returned to me. Lots of patina, but no worse for wear really. Must have a made it pretty well. #1 was still using it when #2 came along so she slept in a different one. Now both girls have "big girl" beds and the heirloom crib is tucked away in the basement. Maybe a grandchild will use it when I'm long gone because I'll be 70 when #1 turns 20...
djimbe
cool kid
cool kid

Postby tbone on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:00 am

djimbe wrote:man, the old crib thing. Back in 2002 I built a super fancy solid cherry crib for my buddy's 2nd kid. I figured why not? I'll never have kids of my own (I was 38 then). That kid used it, then it got passed around to 5 other kids had by friends of dude or his extended family. Comes 2013 and I actually DID have a kid of my own. I got the crib back! Took some looking, but it was found and returned to me. Lots of patina, but no worse for wear really. Must have a made it pretty well. #1 was still using it when #2 came along so she slept in a different one. Now both girls have "big girl" beds and the heirloom crib is tucked away in the basement. Maybe a grandchild will use it when I'm long gone because I'll be 70 when #1 turns 20...

That's awesome!

I have what might be the opposite of that story. This week we realized that since our son turned 6 years old this month, oh crap, the car seat we bought for him when he was born and have been using for our now 11 month old daughter just expired. Also upon further inspection, yeah the foam is just starting to deteriorate and it needs to be replaced. So there's a few hundred bucks we're spending on something we're not going to be able to use or even donate to someone else not very long from now when she grows out of the new one.

So yeah, side note - if anyone nuts critical in the next few months, by the time your baby arrives I will likely have a perfectly great car seat for you if you want it.
I play guitar in Mayor For Life and Jackhammer Hearts
tbone
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby yard barf on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:06 pm

Walked into the living room and found a roll of paper towels stuffed with asparagus. Toddlers have a unique charm.
yard barf
took picture of naked guy
took picture of naked guy

Postby night_tools on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:02 am

Here is my son!
Hamish Robert John Wright was born on March 2nd by caesarian section. The labour was dragging out and he wasn't amenable to forceps, so the team just went ahead and then, all of a sudden, there he was, all purple and pissing everywhere.
We stayed a couple of nights in the hospital because of the section, but we've been home for a week now, and it's been wonderful. He's pretty chilled out most of the time, although he doesn't like being undressed or getting his nappy changed. Our worlds have been turned upside down, but we're very happy.
You're a shit MD and I want my pizza money back.
night_tools
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby jimmy spako on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:17 am

Brilliant, all the best to the three of you!

We celebrated one year last Wednesday.
Still can't really get my head around it but also can't imagine life without the little joker.
Isabelle Gall wrote:'Do not go smoothly into that dark night'
jimmy spako
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion