home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Shit band trivia in this thread

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Shit band trivia in this thread

Postby small talk on Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:09 am

MJongo wrote:Not really "shit band trivia", but I discovered today that not only does a Wikipedia article for the 50-second Beatles song "Dig It" exist, but it is more substantive than the entire articles for albums such as The Modern Dance or Dub Housing.

In a similar vein, I recall a time when the Wiki article on Slayer's "Angel of Death" and the entry for Josef Mengele were more or less equal in length.
small talk
district attourney
district attourney

Postby hellholiday on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:40 pm

Danny Elfman
In the late 1960s and early 1970s, he dated Sonic Youth's Kim Gordon.

He is the uncle of actor Bodhi Elfman, who is married to actress Jenna Elfman.
hellholiday
tired of birds
tired of birds

Postby Tommy Alpha on Tue May 17, 2016 9:31 am

Not a band, but Rashida Jones is a singer I think?
The way this was written made be laugh

She became engaged to music producer Mark Ronson in February 2003. He proposed on her 27th birthday, using a custom-made crossword puzzle spelling out "Will you marry me?" Their relationship ended approximately one year later.
Tommy Alpha
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby Tom on Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:08 pm

Black Oak Arkansas's wikipedia is really something else. Clearly massaged and groomed with love.

Black Oak Arkansas, originally named "The Knowbody Else," was formed in 1963 by some "high school pals" living in the area around Black Oak, Arkansas.[1] Original members included Ronnie "Chicky Hawk" Smith (vocals), Rickie Lee (alternately "Ricochet" or "Risky") Reynolds (guitar), Stanley "Goober Grin" Knight (guitar), Harvey "Burley" Jett (guitar), Pat "Dirty" Daugherty (bass), and Wayne "Squeezebox" Evans (drums).

During this time the band became interested in psychedelia and Eastern spiritualism

When Electricity Came To Arkansas", which was wrongfully accused by fundamentalist religious groups of containing backward-masked "Satanic messages" (possibly from a live performance of the song in which Mangrum utters "natas" three times).

"Hot Rod", which features Dandy's sly double-entendre lyrics, and "Up", which spotlights Aldridge's marathon drum solo, a portion of which he played with his bare hands.
Tom
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby CarjackFairy on Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:13 am

Dude, Black Oak Arkansas was far from a "shit band". Is there a "transcendently awesome band trivia" thread on EA?
CarjackFairy
the cheat
the cheat

Postby CarjackFairy on Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:14 am

Dude, Black Oak Arkansas was far from a "shit band". Is there a "transcendently awesome band trivia" thread on EA?
CarjackFairy
the cheat
the cheat

Postby Angus Jung on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:45 pm

One of my local weeklies wrote an article about 311. In reading as much of it as I could stand, I learned that 311 put out an album called Music.
Angus Jung
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby Isabelle Gall on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:57 pm

They split in 1993, but having tested the dance market with a degree of success Kingsley-Hall, Stewart and Whitecross had one further success in 1994 with the bizarrely titled Twangling Three Fingers in a Box under the moniker Mike which peaked at number 40. In 2003 the trio made an album with Dutch jazz saxophonist Candy Dulfer and in 2007 contributed three tracks to Gareth Gates’ album Pictures On The Other Side including the Top 20 hit Changes.
Isabelle Gall
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby travis k on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:41 pm

After narrowly escaping death, Eagles of Deth metal frontman , Jesse Hughes, made a concerted effort with his friends , to make a documentary that showcased his humanity in the face of such a difficult situation . What better way to cope with something than to tell the world at large for a profit.
travis k
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim

Postby japmn on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:02 am

Huey Louis just released a solo record called "No News is Good News"
japmn

Postby amplituden on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:49 pm

japmn wrote:Huey Louis just released a solo record called "No News is Good News"

That sir, is amazing.
Maybe a little less yelling and a little more hugging.
amplituden
linus torvalds
linus torvalds

Postby first2letters on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:10 pm

Andy Black, the solo project from Black Veil Brides vocalist Andy Biersack, followed a natural progression in Biersack's musical trajectory. From the metalcore birth of BVB through their evolution into a glam metal outfit, Andy Black's pop-leaning rock was the next step in Biersack's sound. Born Andrew Dennis Biersack in Cincinnati, Ohio, he grew up singing and playing piano, attending Cincinnati's School for Creative and Performing Arts, where he focused on drama and vocals. At 18, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue music.
first2letters
baron munchausen
baron munchausen

Postby Tommy Alpha on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:21 pm

Mylo Xyloto is a concept album and a thematic rock opera.[4] The album tells the story of a war against sound and colour by a supremacist government, set in the world of Silencia, an Orwellian society. Silencia has been overtaken by a government led by Major Minus, who controls the population through media and propaganda.
Tommy Alpha

Postby yard barf on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:57 pm

amplituden wrote:
japmn wrote:Huey Louis just released a solo record called "No News is Good News"

That sir, is amazing.

Spectacular! The perfect solo album title.
yard barf
tired of birds
tired of birds

Postby Clyde on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:02 pm

Angus Jung wrote:One of my local weeklies wrote an article about 311. In reading as much of it as I could stand, I learned that 311 put out an album called Music.

Always a bad sign when you have to be told.
NewDarkAge wrote:Dialectics, mate. No easy answers.
Clyde
Supreme Commander at the Forefront
Supreme Commander at the Forefront

Postby Andy on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:57 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosemont_Theatre

Scorpions concluded the US leg of their Get Your Sting and Blackout World Tour here on August 21, 2010, with surprise guest appearances by former guitarist of Scorpions and UFO, Michael Schenker, younger brother of Scorpions guitarist Rudolf Schenker, during "Another Piece of Meat" and Carmine Appice, during "No One Like You". The answer-and-question game show Jeopardy! held their annual College Championship there in May 1999. It was the venue for the annual WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony on April 1, 2006. In 2001, Barney's 4th live show "Barney's Musical Castle" was taped at this place. Veggietales was on stage for the first time on stage in 2002 called it "Veggietales live on stage!".
Andy
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby wellsyuk on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:53 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicidal_Tendencies
Disturbed by their recent commercial success and fame, and fear that the band was no longer relevant in the underground, Suicidal Tendencies released Suicidal for Life in 1994. The album was intended by the band to be the least accessible album they had ever released, starting out by having 4 consecutive songs with the word "fuck" in the title, and switching to a more aggressive style than on their previous studio album. Suicidal for Life was widely considered to be a disappointing album by critics, many of which claimed Muir had "dumbed down" his lyrical approach from previous albums.
wellsyuk
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

Postby Isabelle Gall on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:04 am

The band, specifically frontman Chester Bennington, have lashed out in response to the negative reception of One More Light's material. As documented through Spin magazine, in an interview with Music Week, Bennington, at the accusations that the band had "sold out", suggested that those people should "stab [themselves] in the face" and "move the fuck on" from the band's past sound. Similarly, in a separate interview with Kerrang, Bennington, in response to claims of selling out with the album, responded "I will punch you in your fucking mouth ... You're a fucking pussy." In the same interview, Mike Shinoda also rejected the claims that they had made the album "for monetary reasons", responding that "That's not how I operate". Bennington explained that the accusation of "selling out" angers him because he sees it as a personal attack, concluding that "when you make it personal, like a personal attack against who we are as people, like, dude, shut up. That means that I can actually have feelings about it and most of the time my feelings are 'I want to kill you.'"
Isabelle Gall
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby William_Benton on Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:21 am

Toad the Wet Sprocket took its name from a Monty Python comedy sketch called "Rock Notes" in which a journalist delivers a nonsensical music news report:

Rex Stardust, lead electric triangle with Toad the Wet Sprocket, has had to have an elbow removed following their recent successful worldwide tour of Finland. Flamboyant ambidextrous Rex apparently fell off the back of a motorcycle. "Fell off the back of a motorcyclist, most likely," quipped ace drummer Jumbo McClooney upon hearing of the accident. Plans are now afoot for a major tour of Iceland.

As their first gig approached, the band still had not chosen a name. The members facetiously adopted "Toad the Wet Sprocket" because they thought it would be "hilarious". Vocalist Glen Phillips later called it "a joke that went on too long", and, according to their website, "it was probably meant to be temporary at the time".

Eric Idle, the sketch's original performer, reflected on the band's name in a 1999 performance:

"I once wrote a sketch about rock musicians and I was trying to think of a name that would be so silly nobody would ever use it, or dream it could ever be used. So I wrote the words "Toad the Wet Sprocket". And a few years later, I was driving along the freeway in L.A., and a song came on the radio, and the DJ said, "that was by Toad the Wet Sprocket", and I nearly drove off the freeway."
"You must be willing to risk everything to really express it all."
-John Cassavetes

of Cat Casual and the Holy Midnight
and Cat Casual and the Ordinary Bones
and now Cat Casual and the Final Word
http://www.facebook.com/catcasual
William_Benton
godot
godot

Postby Janeway on Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:26 am

the news is that huey lewis is huelarious
phpBB [media]

haha these guys...
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion