home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

What Are You Thinking Right This Second?

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: What Are You Thinking Right This Second?

Postby Janeway on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:30 pm

receiving female nudity in the world we live in today is like the world transitioning from hunting to grocery stores and society chain restaurants, when once men had a hunt, now is an old country buffett.

im saying you have to recognize what is lost seeing meat in the wild vs domestic vs wrapped in plastic from walmart popping up at you. taht effects future generations, does it take away for sensitization or make things more casual as if we're all nudists now accepting bodies? women are trying pretty hard to free thier nipples for acceptance but theyre kinda just blending in tiwth the ass chicks who are freeing their asses for...

who do people dress for? themselves or what their friends where or what the stores tell them to buy? i just wonder why mainstream fashion is trying to be so ghetto these days, as if i dont know haha

just a bunch of people not knowing what theyre doing, as usual. the rapid transtiions we're faced in this era of humanity, just alot more opporuntiy to accept what everyone else does

anyway i dont care about prudence in sexuality, i care that consequences are recognized, folks just build nuclear facilities without second backup failsafes and creted super cdas to totally fuck up the housing market and we're in so much debt , it just seems like to err is human and socially we gotta keep up with keeping morality instilled. there is a wrong way to view nudity online as much as theres a right way,

check yo self
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby small talk on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:22 am

mrcancelled wrote:when some small provincial police department posts on social media they have a reward for some crime suspect and to contact them in order to claim it and the local news thinks it's fucking hysterical and that they're the first department to have ever done this ever and most people don't think police have a sense of humor but nahhh they were wrong! these boys in blue know how to crack a few wise ones and they just they just have fun you know. please like and share, lookin at you, grandparents and step dads.

What about when they try to do memes? My state's PD likes to post cute pics of their canine unit's newest "heckin good puppers", AKA drug dogs who will spend their careers bailing up Aboriginal youth at train stations. Fuck cops, fuck social media brand managers, and especially fuck cop social media managers.
small talk
district attourney
district attourney

Postby travis k on Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:41 pm

Landed are the Stooges of my generation .
travis k
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby Me Again on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:45 am

Every now and then, prompted by nothing in particular, I'm seized by the feeling that a piece of art of I like (a song, or film, etc.) is just a bunch of crude "stuff" in a certain light. Like maybe I've trained myself to think "this is what's good" or I've learned to like something through repetition or sociological conditioning, and in a normal-for-me context it works, but if I were to be "de-programmed" or "operating on a low bandwidth" or living a different life it would just be a bunch of "noise pollution" (in the case of music) or audio-visual filigree (in the case of cinema). Have noticed how my moods can greatly color the effectiveness a work of art will have on me and somehow that can almost seem to take precedence over what the object in question "actually is" and how it functions. In other words, there's something far more "slippery" and elusive about art appreciation (or lack thereof) than I would normally acknowledge. On the one hand it smacks of philistinism when people claim "everything's subjective," but on the other it's hard to establish a completely "objective," unbiased, rigid, non-fluid and non-contextual account of what a work of art is why it works or doesn't. Things aren't necessarily out of control, but the foundation we think we're standing on isn't as permanent as we (or at least I) often think it is.

That's ^^^ what I'm thinking, for one reason or another.
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
matt damon
matt damon

Postby kokorodoko on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:07 am

Naturally, there can be no "objective" account of what it is, because that would mean we make a judgement in relation to "the real truth of what it is", and the correctness of our judgment is defined by the degree to which it conforms to "the real truth". But what a work of art is and how it works, is by definition something that arises in the interaction between the work and an observer/experiencer, and thus is a subjective judgement. If we were looking for an objective truth, we would assume there was an all-knower who was also looking at the work, and could see it as it "truly" is.

This is different of course from "subjective" in the sense of something we just make up arbitrarily, because if you and I discuss the work we are both referring to the same thing, in some sense. We make subjective judgements, but these judgements are never solely our own, both because they refer to something in our shared space, and because if we agree upon what our definitions mean, our judgements meet in some space transcendent of both of us. This transcendent space is I guess where people generally think of "the objective" resting.

But no one of us can see the real objective or state unambiguously what it is, so how do we know exactly what it is? If our judgements agree, we say we have formed a consensus, and in our minds that means we have reached beyond our subjective viewpoints and reached a more objective viewpoint. Problem is, if we start to investigate what exactly this consensus means to each of us subjectively, it would turn out to mean different things.

Yes, the foundations are a lot more fluid and less permanent, and what's sad is that rather than coming to terms with this and getting down to try to work out modes of thinking and experiencing that can integrate this reality, so many people treat the inevitable decomposition of their eternal categories as some sort of conspiracy. Nothing new of course, but yeah.
Janeway wrote:those cat-food-for-lunch-deserving motherfuckers 8)
kokorodoko
lt. kara 'starbuck' trace

Postby Me Again on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:30 am

I agree. It also seems that fully "objective" and fully "subjective" accounts, even they were possible, wouldn't really be desirable as they would either yield (in the case of the former) the eventual complete shutdown of discussion/elaboration/debate or (in the case of the latter) complete myopia/solipsism/disappearing up one's backside.

This might sound like a sentiment from the domain of an entry-level undergrad, but it's something I think about from time to time. "Everything's subjective" is a shitspeak phrase.
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
matt damon
matt damon

Postby kokorodoko on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:38 pm

Me Again wrote:I agree. It also seems that fully "objective" and fully "subjective" accounts, even they were possible, wouldn't really be desirable as they would either yield (in the case of the former) the eventual complete shutdown of discussion/elaboration/debate or (in the case of the latter) complete myopia/solipsism/disappearing up one's backside.

Exactly. The end-point of this "just the facts" attitude is technocracy.

Me Again wrote:This might sound like a sentiment from the domain of an entry-level undergrad, but it's something I think about from time to time.

Nothing wrong with sounding like entry-level. I probably do. I would like for people to be a lot less intimidated by the sciences and academic disciplines.

I say this as someone often intimidated.
Janeway wrote:those cat-food-for-lunch-deserving motherfuckers 8)
kokorodoko

Postby biscuitdough on Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Y'all are taking me back to Kant's Critique of Judgement.
biscuitdough
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby total_douche on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:21 pm

Ten-year-old me still wants to know what a Rizzo mystère is and why Tracy Chapman wants to get one so bad. Is it something you spin on? Is that why she says she'll turn around when she gets it?
total_douche
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

Postby total_douche on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:10 pm

I just totally realized that thought doesn't make any sense without context. So, I thought of that song at random yesterday, and it reminded me that, when I was a kid, my brother and I had a radio in our room, and, for whatever reason, we always had it on a top 40 station for background music while we played with Legos and generally pretended to be astronauts. "Give me one reason" was getting heavy airplay at the time, and, being the mid-90s, it was customary for everyone to slur their lyrics. Tracy Chapman - who at the time we thought was some old grandpa, who probably served on a submarine in World War II, and probably shouldn't be fucked with (don't ask me why, we grew up in central Minnesota and there were apparently a lot of old men who sounded like blues ladies) - was not one to buck the trend, so for the longest time we couldn't actually figure out what the ass she was actually singing. We settled on any combination of gibberish that ended up sound like "Gimmiwan Rizzo mystère and I'll turn back around."

And, oddly enough, they finally stopped playing Christmas music in the nursing home at work, so when I moseyed over there yesterday to gather up all their garbage, guess what song was playing?

Yes, 'twas a strange day indeed.
total_douche
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

Postby Adam Sr on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:59 pm

Sincerely hope a rabid lamister chimp mauls the dongs off the people who invented onedrive.
Adam Sr
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby Janeway on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:47 pm

douche when you said “Tracy chapman “ and “that’s why she needs a reason to turn her back around” i could hear rizzo mystere like, without the backstory even. it totally fit :) was my karaoke jam when I was a kid, and I knew she was a black female. but i thought Britney Spears was also a black female from hit me baby one more time l, he didn’t sing like she’s from the south, she sang like tlc who the song was written for. but i also thought iggy azalea was da brat and not a white female from australia. chicks and their voices all the time.
Janeway

Postby travis k on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:11 pm

I have this gentle , slow rolling fantasy of working for the United States Post Office. ( Bukowski blah blah.)
I I think it would suit me . When my job is getting me down , I fantasize about it. About starting in the sorting room and then being discovered by a higher up who finally promotes me to a proper route on the streets. And then as I age I get proper insurance and still
Get to walk and hear the birds on the government's dime.
travis k
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby travis k on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Edit- ^ technically the collective dimes of you fine people. I promise to do my best.
travis k
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby Janeway on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:15 am

my political platform would be... avoid the bullshit! :smt023
Janeway

Postby mrcancelled on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:50 am

small talk wrote:
mrcancelled wrote:when some small provincial police department posts on social media they have a reward for some crime suspect and to contact them in order to claim it and the local news thinks it's fucking hysterical and that they're the first department to have ever done this ever and most people don't think police have a sense of humor but nahhh they were wrong! these boys in blue know how to crack a few wise ones and they just they just have fun you know. please like and share, lookin at you, grandparents and step dads.

What about when they try to do memes? My state's PD likes to post cute pics of their canine unit's newest "heckin good puppers", AKA drug dogs who will spend their careers bailing up Aboriginal youth at train stations. Fuck cops, fuck social media brand managers, and especially fuck cop social media managers.

Ugh. Thankfully I haven't come across any memes yet, sounds obnoxious.
mrcancelled
red hodges
red hodges

Postby total_douche on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:04 am

Would ER have been as popular if it had the more correct title ED?
total_douche
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

Postby total_douche on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:35 pm

Contemporary heavy metal really needs some better band names. The current trend of drawing on bad open-mic poetry for inspiration is moderately insufferable. Like, I've got a new band name; let's try "The Acidity Of Social Calamity." Yeah, that'll be a new prog-alt-NWBHORJKVNSDMM band. It's probably already taken.
total_douche
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

Postby Janeway on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:50 am

if i start pouring honey into this black coffee is it going to be a thing? some folks don’t want sugar
Janeway

Postby total_douche on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:25 am

If they don't want Sugar, you don't give them honey, you give them Patch the Sky.
total_douche
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion