home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Upcoming shows in Milwaukee

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Upcoming shows in Milwaukee

Postby flanneljammies on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:40 am

And then the next night, Fake Limbs plays in Madison with STNNNG! and my new(ish) band, Tyranny Is Tyranny. Hell, make a weekend of it.
Russell Emerson Hall. Throat torturer. Guitar abuser.
Current: Twelves and Bell & Circuit.
Ex: Tyranny Is Tyranny and United Sons of Toil.
"Yeah, that pedal is way too comedic for you. You're not silly at all."
flanneljammies
hindu
hindu

Postby KrisPoulin on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:19 pm

TONIGHT!

(You're welcome for the very short notice...)

Phantom Works
and
Red Stuff
at
Circle A • 932 E. Chambers St.
at
8:00 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/events/490204464333276/
KrisPoulin
fletcher rabbit
fletcher rabbit

Postby DrAwkward on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:44 am

What i said a couple weeks ago:

DrAwkward wrote:Image

I want to invite every PRFer in the Midwest to road trip out for this'un if ya wanna. I'm incredibly excited and nervous to debut the new band that i have been working on with my friends Dixie, Michael, and Chris, BODY FUTURES. We're writing slightly off-kilter power-pop songs for people who like to hump in weird time signatures. Maybe sorta like Enon? Not sure. We don't have recordings yet but we'll solve that issue as soon as we have a few more songs written. In the meantime, we'll be playing six songs or so on this night, and then inviting you all to Dixie's and my house for the afterbar rager. If you make it into town before 7 PM, i'll also be announcing the opening bout of the Brewcity Bruisers 2013 roller derby season at the US Cellular Arena. Come to our delightful town and make a night of it, won't you?

Also, Nonagon, Fake Limbs, and Disguised as Birds. I mean, shit, yo.

Stinky Pete wrote:BDSM is a bit like Queens of the Stone Age in that it's basically fine to be into, but a bit worrying if you're obsessed with it.

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby turnbullac on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:34 am

Yo!

My friends from France Are playing at Quarters on Wednesday 3/27. I will be there too if it makes a diff. They are good with an upcoming 7" coming out on Sick Room. No word on who is playing with.

We have been kinda keeping their VACATION on the DL because we have heard a lot of sad stories about border troubles. Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Plush Tulips

5 years after they started from scratch, Plush Tulips have built a name for themselves with two albums Plush Tulips (2007) and The Beginning And End Of Now (2008) and 350 shows in more than 20 countries over 3 continents, with the three-piece appearing at ATP among other festivals around the globe. In September 2010, to support a tour they did together with their friend bands Electric Electric, Marvin and Pneu, a 4 way split 7” was released with a brand new song from each band.

Their music is firmly entrenched in the tradition of inventive, challenging punk but combines elements of experimental pop compositions and aggressive math-rock. The band understands that a song being intelligent and complex need not exclude it from having a raw, danceable energy.

For their new album Recreation (2012), the band teamed up with John Congleton to produce their most significant work yet. Pushing the limits of their unusual line-up (drums, 2 guitars, percussion, vocals), the band has matured into a devastatingly efficient unit, with instruments, ideas and personalities bouncing off each other in an audible culture of creativity. The 10 songs are an impressive account of the band’s ability to balance different atmospheres, underlined by original rhythmic patterns, minimalist melodic lines and distinctive vocal hooks, the whole blossoming under Congelton’s sonic prowess.
turnbullac
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby yaledelay on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:05 pm

turnbullac wrote:Yo!

My friends from France Are playing at Quarters on Wednesday 3/27. I will be there too if it makes a diff. They are good with an upcoming 7" coming out on Sick Room. No word on who is playing with.

We have been kinda keeping their VACATION on the DL because we have heard a lot of sad stories about border troubles. Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Plush Tulips

5 years after they started from scratch, Plush Tulips have built a name for themselves with two albums Plush Tulips (2007) and The Beginning And End Of Now (2008) and 350 shows in more than 20 countries over 3 continents, with the three-piece appearing at ATP among other festivals around the globe. In September 2010, to support a tour they did together with their friend bands Electric Electric, Marvin and Pneu, a 4 way split 7” was released with a brand new song from each band.

Their music is firmly entrenched in the tradition of inventive, challenging punk but combines elements of experimental pop compositions and aggressive math-rock. The band understands that a song being intelligent and complex need not exclude it from having a raw, danceable energy.

For their new album Recreation (2012), the band teamed up with John Congleton to produce their most significant work yet. Pushing the limits of their unusual line-up (drums, 2 guitars, percussion, vocals), the band has matured into a devastatingly efficient unit, with instruments, ideas and personalities bouncing off each other in an audible culture of creativity. The 10 songs are an impressive account of the band’s ability to balance different atmospheres, underlined by original rhythmic patterns, minimalist melodic lines and distinctive vocal hooks, the whole blossoming under Congelton’s sonic prowess.

This is the first I am hearing of this show and I go to quarters all the time... do you know who else is playing?
yaledelay
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby turnbullac on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:45 pm

The Milwaukee Papier Tigre show tonight has changed venues to Scheme City. All ages show at 7:00 PM with 2 other bands. Not sure who they are or the order.
turnbullac

Postby stackmatic on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:42 pm

Record Store Day - Saturday, 4/20
Acme Records - 2341 S. Kinnickinnic

2pm - Black Eagle Child
3pm - Wereworm
4pm - Holydrug Couple (from Chile)
stackmatic
"kick a ginger day" victim

Postby PEPPER! on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Book Burners
The Columbines
FowlMouth

Friday 7/19 at Riverwest Public House, 815 E Locust St

also Book Burners, Columbines, and The Rutabega are all playing the next day at Handlebars and Bars in Kenosha. this is like the zombie bar crawl except everybody is alive and on bikes:

itinerary -

noon - Breakwater Bar and Grill - 5130-4th Ave

1:45 - 2:45 Coins Sports Bar - 1714 52nd St
Music by the Book-Burners

3:15 - 4:45 Starlite Club - 8936 24th Ave
Bicycle Obstacle Course

5:15 - 6:15 Pasquali's - 2901 60th St

6:30 - 7:45 Flints Inn - 4708 22nd Ave
Music by The Columbines

8:00 - 10:00 Pete's Place - 4520 8th Ave
Music by The Rutabega
PEPPER!
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Bradley R. Weissenberger on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:04 pm

BUMP. See PEPPER!'s post above.

The Columbines, FoWlMoUtH, The Rutabega, and The Book-Burners will all be in Wisconsin this weekend. We would love to see you.

One addition to PEPPER!'s post: The Rutabega will play in Madison tonight at the Nottingham Co-op, 146 Langdon St. Doors at 7pm. Here's the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/477761052310031/
Bradley R. Weissenberger
King Of All The Taverns

Postby Geo Mantle on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:23 pm

I am in a band. The band is Spelling Bee, and this will be our final show before an indefinite hiatus, indefinitely. This is a show you should know about, Milwaukee:

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11TH AT THE BORG WARD

NICOFFEINE- Hyped up and amazing noise rock all the way from Germany. Members of Jealousy Mounatin Duo and Tarngo.
http://nicoffeine.bandcamp.com/

SPELLING BEE- Thwarting the Boston Police Department since 2012. Like the american version of Limited Express (has Gone?)
http://spellingbee.bandcamp.com/

ZERFALLT- Heavy sine wave love from MA
http://www.grydcomplex.org/zerfallt.html

SOUP MOAT- The best in almost-stoner kinda-grunge jokes.
http://soupmoat.bandcamp.com/

TUNNEL SHEPHERD- Late-90s post/math rock stylings, featuring 2 of the Woods brothers. And a weed head.

$6.00//ALL AGES

AN FTAM PRODUCTION
http://experimentalmilwaukee.com/

https://www.facebook.com/events/1403699893176875/
Drummer of Complainer / Fuck Lungs / Moonrace
DJ for Wrong Division on 88.1 FM KDHX in St. Louis
Geo Mantle
viceroy
viceroy

Postby 154 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:42 pm

Geo Mantle wrote:I am in a band. The band is Spelling Bee, and this will be our final show before an indefinite hiatus, indefinitely.

:(

..also, I'm guessing Peter Woods is in Tunnel Shepherds? Really nice dude.
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby stackmatic on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:30 am

stackmatic

Postby Redline on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:16 am

Benefit for kid cancer at Turner Hall Friday Nov. 8th - 8pm sharp - Shocking Blue Tribute...!
http://pabsttheater.org/show/salfordladsclub2013

...and then I rush over to Champions for the debut of Die Kreuzen Imperial Pumpkin Porter Beer. The Burnt Hickory Brewery also made some custom Die Kreuzen pint glasses, hotcha.

Yup, it's Milwaukee, where nothing happens and then everything happens (I even missed Han Bennink last night, argh...)
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby jurgis rudkus on Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:10 pm

stackmatic wrote:Image

Mere hours from now...
Honk If You Demand Satisfaction

There is an epidemic of people being 'offended' by things as some kind of hobby.
- Mark Kozelek
jurgis rudkus

Postby tallchris on Sun May 25, 2014 1:42 pm

Pre-PRFBBQ show in Milwaukee on Wednesday, June 18th!

Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
tallchris

Postby stackmatic on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:55 pm

stackmatic

Postby turnbullac on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:13 am

^^^just about to post that^^^^
turnbullac

Postby DrAwkward on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:50 pm

stackmatic wrote:Image

Hey, after you've attended this, hop on down to Bayview. I'm 40 on Friday.

Stinky Pete wrote:BDSM is a bit like Queens of the Stone Age in that it's basically fine to be into, but a bit worrying if you're obsessed with it.

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby Redline on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:54 am

Aug 2nd - Couch Flambeau - (5pm) and F/i - (6pm) play Center Street Daze, then I go home and sleep...

http://milwaukeerecord.com/music/heres- ... -festival/

!
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby DrAwkward on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:48 pm

If you happen to be in Milwaukee on Friday, Sept. 5, BODY FUTURES is the special musical guest for this year's Turner Hall edition of MONDO LUCHA, Milwaukee's #1 lucha libre/burlesque variety extravaganza! Check out the preview:

phpBB [media]

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion