home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

For free: Things.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

For free: Things.

Postby Justin Foley on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:08 am

This is the free shit, come and get it thread.

____

All right, jerks. I tried to sell some of this stuff to you but you were too smart to pay money for it. You've left me no option.

___

Steinberg Cubase VST for Windows (circa 2001)
Hey, it's that vintage version of Cubase VST that all the kids are going nuts over!

Ahem:
Lousy fucking DAW program. If you want this for some reason (probably to rescue old files or to give as a prank gift), whatever. Fully purchased disk (probably for $350 - an investment that hasn't exactly held its value). Includes serial #, manuals and the fucking 'dongle' that you need to run it.

___

No Name, Homemade Bass Cabinet

Oh God, this thing. I bought it from a very nice guy off CL about 3 years ago only for the EV 15 it had. (I took that out and it's not included.) What's left is a ... uh ... charming? ... sorta specimen of a bass cabinet. Still has the 10" driver in it (though there's no internal crossover). Has some sort of damping carpet stuff all through the interior, quasi-astroturf tolexing on the exterior. A recessed handle! Some casters. Let's not talk about the grill, okay? So, yeah, this thing was his labor of love - I don't recall it sounding good AT ALL but maybe you like this kind of thing or need to scavenge some bits off it like I did.

UPDATE! UPDATE!
ImageImageImageImage
Someone asked me if they could possibly use this with a green screen, perching on top of it like Superman, tying a rope to part of it and get filmed being pulled across a camera frame, all as a way to make a movie about how they are flying. The answer is: YES.
(also would be good for one fun, crazy trip down a hill)
___

Marantz Model 250

Two channel power amp. ONE CHANNEL DOES NOT WORK. I don't know why, but when I took it to a hi-fi repair place about 5 years ago the guy behind the counter was like "uh, that's not an easy fix". The other channel sounds great if I recall. Cosmetically a little rough but if you really think you can do something with this, I'll hit it with some Brasso before you show up.

____

You have to pick this stuff up in Astoria if you want any of it. No, Eliya, I will not ship this stuff to your cousin in Israel, even if you spring for the shipping!

I want it gone. You want it. Let's make it happen.

PRICES FIRM. I WILL NOT PAY YOU TO TAKE ANY OF THIS.

= Justin

PS -
"Excuse me while I'm driving my goddam Mustang or Ferrari but wait a second. No one wanted any of this for cut-rate prices. Why are you wasting people's time trying to give it to them. Give it up."

Hey Steve McQueen! What the fuck are you doing in my post? I don't want to just throw stuff in the trash. Go back to ... whatever, driving cars fast and making out with dames or being the coolest guy on the block and leave me to try and get rid of this stuff in peace, all right?

STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT.
Justin Foley
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Re: For free: Things.

Postby johnnyshape on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:23 am

That was great.
rchapman75 wrote: If the PRF ran NASA, we'd have colonies on the moons of Jupiter and be mining asteroids for aluminum.
johnnyshape
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby barndog on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:27 pm

Chicagoland Sports fans: I have two tickets to tonight's preseason game between your Chicago Bulls and the Indiana Pacers. Final game before regular season. I can email the tickets - you print them out. Tipoff 7:00pm CST. PM email address if you want them - decent seats 300 level mid court.
barndog
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Re: free shit

Postby LBx on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:51 pm

This is the free shit mofo's!

5' X 3' Sugar ~ Beaster "subway size" promo poster. Laminated with an aprox 1/4'' border all around. Shipping tube and cost is on you though. --> Image. Pin this up wherever and pretend that LoudBomb doesn't exist.

--- --- ---

Digital Performer 4 for Mac. (for use with version 10.2 to--> 10.?)

includes: install disc, extras disc, 4.1 update (cdr), Getting Started Guide, full 900+ page User Guide and (legal) Key Code for *registration and support.
*register for update to DP 7 at a discounted price. probably/maybe the best idea.
Again, shipping is on you. May be a bit due to the weight of the guide.
LBx
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby Bill Swansea on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:01 pm

LBx wrote:5' X 3' Sugar ~ Beaster "subway size" promo poster. Laminated with an aprox 1/4'' border all around. Shipping tube and cost is on you though. --> Image. Pin this up wherever and pretend that LoudBomb doesn't exist.

That'd look real good on my accommodation wall next year. I'm willing to pay for shipping and that, PM how much it'd be.
big_dave wrote:Hark at this boy and his "we".

He was Welsh yesterday.
Bill Swansea
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby LBx on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:11 pm

Will do asap. Certainly by Saturday...
LBx

Postby rappard on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:33 pm

Bill Swansea wrote:
LBx wrote:5' X 3' Sugar ~ Beaster "subway size" promo poster. Laminated with an aprox 1/4'' border all around. Shipping tube and cost is on you though. --> Image. Pin this up wherever and pretend that LoudBomb doesn't exist.

That'd look real good on my accommodation wall next year. I'm willing to pay for shipping and that, PM how much it'd be.

Fucking hell - so this is what I get for comparing you to James May? Karma's a bitch, I tell you.

<Martin goes off, muttering "you snooze, you lose" to himself repeatedly until the searing jealousy transforms into mere sulking>
Robert Bork wrote:[S]ome of the worst rappers are white, like Nine Inch Nails.
rappard
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran

Postby Bill Swansea on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:12 pm

rappard wrote:
Bill Swansea wrote:

Fucking hell - so this is what I get for comparing you to James May? Karma's a bitch, I tell you.

<Martin goes off, muttering "you snooze, you lose" to himself repeatedly until the searing jealousy transforms into mere sulking>

Yep. I curse any one who compares me to James May. Also it helps to check EA once every minute because you have no life. You get lots of free stuff!
big_dave wrote:Hark at this boy and his "we".

He was Welsh yesterday.
Bill Swansea

Postby Jodi S. on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:01 pm

I have some Mosquito Dunks.

If you know what they are, and you need a couple, PM me.
Jodi S.
Influential Poster

Location: I am sitting in a room, different from the one you are in.

Postby Model Citizen on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:12 am

MrFood wrote:2GB RAM going for free.

UK PRF, if you've got an old Mac G5 - I've got some RAM for you (it'll work in a PC too, of course, but chances are you probably haven't got a working PC old enough for these to fit into).

4 x 512mb modules of DDR 400mhz PC3200 SDRAM. They'll fit into a G5 Dual Processor machine, but not into a multicore processor machine (those need DDR2 RAM).

If you've only got 512mb in there or something, this'll give it a new lease of life.

You pay shipping.

B.

PM'd
Model Citizen

Postby newberry on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:43 pm

My cat has done some shredding here, as you can see, but it's limited to those two areas on the front outer edges--the rest of it is in much better shape. It's very light for a couch. A smidge over 5' wide.

Good for a practice space maybe? Free if you pick it up at my place in Little Village.
newberry
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby Kate Rev on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:55 am

all gone
Last edited by Kate Rev on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kate Rev

Postby jeff_fox on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:01 am

o shit. I'll take the wheely thing!
zom-zom wrote:Posterior means butt.
Gay Name|Hungry Man|MegaMaul|Blank Banker
jeff_fox
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Kate Rev on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:36 am

EmpireStateTroopers wrote:o shit. I'll take the wheely thing!

text me whenever you wanna get it. today, or anytime in the week in the evening.
Kate Rev

Postby Kate Rev on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:20 pm

all gone
Last edited by Kate Rev on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kate Rev

Postby hip priest on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:43 pm

LONDON

I've just upgraded my speakers, and because I love the PRF so much, I've got 2 Gale Silver Monitor bookshelf speakers going for FREE! Limited time only (say, 3 days) then they're going on eBay.

They're only 18 months old and in perfect working condition. These ones:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/boo ... ale-silmon

They're not great, but will do a job for a basic set-up, or on a secondary system in a practice space, workshop etc. There's also about 3 metres of speaker cable with them.

Pick up from central London

PM if you're interested

John
daniel robert chapman wrote:The biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased cunts.
hip priest
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran

Postby turnbullac on Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:10 pm

I want to make some more room in my garage so that I don't have to play tetris with my car, now that it's getting colder.

First off, are these wonderful, stylish cube/seat/tuffet things:

Then we have this beautiful vintage Schwinn Speedster bike:

Next, we have this fancy, but a little dirty, blue desk chair, along with the metal base for an awesome glass and steel desk that is rad but I simply have no room for it anymore.

and here are the two pieces of the desk top, in perfect order, no cracks. I also have all of the screws, bolts and hardware you need to put it back together.

Also, we have this wonderful and very sturdy CD shelving unit. This is famous, as it actually belonged to Stephen Howard of pinebender fame, as well as serving time at Sick Room world HQ.

And then from the other part of the porch, we have a nice, large dog crate, all the peices are there. This was the spot of repose for my beloved rottweiler, ajax who now lives in heaven. as well as a telescope and a lovely, large flower pot.

All this is free to whomever would like to take it.
turnbullac

Postby mathieu.gaud on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:20 pm

Hey turnbullac,

I am just looking for a bike and I really like vintage stuffs, so... I am intersted with your Schwinn Speedster !
I don't know if it is still available...
I will be present all days of the BBQ if it can help.
And sorry with my english, I am the new Electrical french intern...
Thank you !
mathieu.gaud
troll
troll

Postby klem on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:36 pm

These records have given me much love, but it's time to pass the love on. The love has been passed on.
Last edited by klem on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
klem
peavey
peavey

Postby Jodi S. on Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Shot in the dark:

I have eight (8) Acuvue Advance disposable contact lenses left over from my last prescription. Since my eyesight has changed, I cannot wear these any longer. It's wasteful to just throw them out, but perhaps there is someone here whose own scrip matches mine.

Here's the pertinent details:

Acuvue Advance with Hydraclear (galyfilcon A)
BC: 8.7
Dia: 14.0
D: -2.75

Expires: 07/2015

All eight are the same power, and while the boxes have been opened, the foil is still 100% intact.

PM me if you want 'em.
Jodi S.
Influential Poster

Location: I am sitting in a room, different from the one you are in.

Next

Return to General Discussion