home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Looking for shoegazey noise rock

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Looking for shoegazey noise rock

Postby Janeway on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:26 am

does julia Roberts have to show her ass or pretend like twerking is acceptable when how could white chicks who can't even...possibly know what's it's like to shake off your aggression, twerking is something you needs when you so screwed over by life you gotta get out and dance and feel better like you're ata wedding having a blast, not let me put my whore butt on white guys cause we've never seen this thing before and we want to inappropriate every damn alive thing like. Good joke being made unfunny ruining black lives from mattering

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/ ... .qkJKE17gy

in this michael bay world we would have replaced Fred rogers with a sexy bullshit santa to take selfies with. you guys don't even know what selfies are , they've been around since 2003 before digital cameras, millenial inhigh achool took thousands of selfies to develop on disposable cameras, an ya dig it? no you can't, you want to be on Facebook cause everyone's else is

does anyone care about the consequences and what gets lost by just getting the lastest technology or pa or stupid tng everyone else has? Hello, computers are for nerds.

coolness, talent, and integrity are what's missing from the entertainment and social culture. culture itself is losing meaning cause you guys do things and don't know what it is. hipster irony is just posers. pirate hoe millenial just do things they heard were cool cause they have no personalities and their music is pushing buttons or stealing an entire catalog of someone's lifetime and doing something stupid with it without learning it

this kinda stupidity is how America got settled in the first place. It got cooler with variety coming in on Ellis island but your fuckin spoiled society kids are ruinin real meaning. rap is not created in a studio is a sound from the streeets you live on.

world full of posers you're not even allowed to bully. happy new year that's changing.
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby Facundo on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:40 am

I like asses because I came from the monkey. And when I see asses I enjoy the experiencie without any accesory need, far from looking at them. At some asses I feel the illness known as Stendhal syndrome. I have to specify that I do not like monkey asses but those girls asses that come from the monkeys, like me.

Time ago did not come from the monkey but I believed in Jesus Christ. When I was younger and attractive and went to music shows, some women among the public touched my gluteus many times, I'm sure that also men touched, but I only caught women in flagrante. So I'm sure I had a good ass and which the women also enjoy the asses, came or not from the monkeys and believing or not in Jesus. Instead of being touched I've never touched a women's ass without explicit or tacit agreement of mutual allowed sexuality.

In the future maybe I do not come from the monkey or believe in Jesus Christ anymore, but I'm sure I will still like asses and peaches.

Actually there are things more interesting than asses for me. But I have to say I consider "modern life" at the base is the development of the intellectual virtues in balance with the maintenance of taste for asses.

phpBB [media]
Facundo
first class
first class

Postby RSMurphy on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:29 pm

ProTip: For better or worse this is the sole thread dedicated to shoegaze. Is it cool if we kept the chit-chat of other subject matter to threads dedicated to said subject matter. There's an analingus thread in C/NC, and it is genuinely funny and informative. I'd be remiss if I didn't also state that it'd be really neat if we could nix submitting music that has no discernible relation to the sound. Thank you.

Facundo wrote:If the telescopes are needles from the stars stuck in the eye of the viewer...

[Taste was a major part of the soundtrack to the evening where I discovered Big Black and The Flaming Lips. Fantastic record that to me feels like it doesn't get enough attention.

phpBB [media]

This is a wonderful record. Highly addictive and super noisy. There's some sort of theme/concept going on about a seal and a girl traveling through time and the music is reflective of that. Super dense, ebullient, noisy trips through psychedelia, shogaze, noisepop, bossa nova, dream pop, and whatever else they can conjure. They have a new project with dudes from Apples in Stereo and the Drums called Sound of Ceres, if you desire.

phpBB [media]

If you dig the new Slowdive, then check out Christian Saville's side-project, Monster Movie. Lovely, fuzzy dream pop/shoegaze. Apologies if I posted it already.

phpBB [media]

Solidly sits in my top ten shoegaze releases from this decade. Extremely noisy and pretty AF. The ballad, "On The Floor" is on some weepy Spiritualized kick. So great and highly recommended.
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Facundo on Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:20 pm

^ You are the law, RSM.

This is about nugaze, term a dirty mind could could construe as nude gaze or nugget ace...

Schicago, I stay for hours playing feedback with my telecaster, the catalinbread karma suture or the collins percolator, the mig50 and the right hand little finger pushing down strings in open tunings to re-create this beautiful moment in rock history it starts around the 3:22.

phpBB [media]

Seattle,

phpBB [media]

Vasque Country,

phpBB [media]

Galicia,

phpBB [media]

Bs.As,

phpBB [media]

SF,

phpBB [media]

LA,

phpBB [media]

Britain,

phpBB [media]

New Zealand,

phpBB [media]

Worldwide genius,

phpBB [media]
Facundo
first class
first class

Postby RSMurphy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:18 pm

phpBB [media]

Intoxicating shoegaze/dream pop-blend from Indonesia. The impossibly-high vocals makes me imagine the vocalist is a giant helium balloon floating in the atmosphere. Nice fan-made video to boot. Really dig the video collage. Lends an air of detachment from the sickly-sweet vocals.
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby fiery jack on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:13 pm

not convinced by many of the recent posts. this one's a bit obvious but it is, for me, purest shoegaze. First time I heard it was more than two and a half decades ago in (forum legend) cjh's bedroom, all tripped out. Half of me was eyeing his mercury rev poster expecting it to come alive and eat me, the other half was thinking that maybe that wasn't the worst of ideas.

phpBB [media]
fiery jack
freelance sperm donor
freelance sperm donor

Postby numberthirty on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:49 pm

fiery jack wrote:not convinced by many of the recent posts. this one's a bit obvious but it is, for me, purest shoegaze. First time I heard it was more than two and a half decades ago in (forum legend) cjh's bedroom, all tripped out. Half of me was eyeing his mercury rev poster expecting it to come alive and eat me, the other half was thinking that maybe that wasn't the worst of ideas.

phpBB [media]

That would be because Medicine are like The Byrds of Shoegaze.

Easily some of the greatest stuff ever.
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby numberthirty on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:56 pm

I've also got to pull a "Hustle Man", and try to sell some of the folks in this thread on some "Board Peeps" work.

This album...

https://rareplant.bandcamp.com/album/a-harvest-of-ice

This tune...

https://rareplant.bandcamp.com/track/watch-you-fall

Not sure if it's just the board member in question of some sort of a band, but there is a lot of really, really great playing on this number. It's the first time I've air drummed in a while.

While the entire album is great and the involved board folks should take a bow, that jam is pretty timeless.
numberthirty

Postby numberthirty on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:59 pm

RSMurphy wrote:
phpBB [media]

Intoxicating shoegaze/dream pop-blend from Indonesia. The impossibly-high vocals makes me imagine the vocalist is a giant helium balloon floating in the atmosphere. Nice fan-made video to boot. Really dig the video collage. Lends an air of detachment from the sickly-sweet vocals.

Dang. That echo guitar in the opening was something else.
numberthirty

Postby RSMurphy on Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:14 pm

This is Mexiacan power-trio Los Kowalski and their ep from last November titled Sonica. 4 songs. 3 instrumentals. An all-out aural assault in under 30 minutes. Super great.

This is a video from a compilation. Also super great.

phpBB [media]
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Facundo on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:02 am

Indeed Latin America is full of shoegazers, Chile and Argentina have really good bands and an own scene. Since 90s bands like Mellona Tauta (Argentina) or Silvania (Chile and Spain).

Mellonta Tauta, very close to Cocteau Twins, full of that yamaha SPX90/50/900 kind of reverbs:

phpBB [media]

Silvania, latin Slowdives. His frontman Coco Ciëlo was killed in strange circumstances, RIP.

phpBB [media]

Trementina are really good andin active:

phpBB [media]

Buenas Noches and their space rock in the vein of Bailter Space or Spacemen 3.

https://soundcloud.com/buenasnoches/bue ... i-mercurio
phpBB [media]

Bosques, favs of mine:

phpBB [media]

https://bosques.bandcamp.com/
Facundo
first class
first class

Postby RSMurphy on Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:12 pm

Facundo, I am thoroughly enjoying the Trementina album that you just previously posted! That sound is in my wheelhouse; it's my blues; it's my shit. I prefer more grounded or rocking--for lack of a better term--shoegaze. In my own personal Shoegaze or Noisepop thunderdome, Noisepop would win by a damn sight. Mile-wide grinning while peeling the skin from my face. Sixteen Deluxe was a band that straddled the line with aplomb. A few years ago Kliph Scurlock digitally remastered everything that wasn't on Trance Syndicate and threw it up on Bandcamp. That said, I strongly recommend Backfeed Magnetbabe for the Eno and Big Star covers, but "Fetus" is a great shoegazey example of what they do...

phpBB [media]

"Over and Over" is decidedly more noisepop and it makes me want to punch my heart out of my chest and throw it across the sky. Very mid-period Lips...

"Over and Over"

And speaking of the Lips, which I am wont to do on occasion, the dude from Radial Spangle did a pretty fantastic carbon copy of Wayne's erstwhile creaky voice

phpBB [media]

But they sounded much better when they were declaring their admiration for Th' Faith Healers

phpBB [media]
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Facundo on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:57 am

Cool you are enjoying Trementina, they sound pretty like first two APZOO (Asalto al Parque Zoologico) EPs, but APZOO carry their music closer to My Bloody Valentine.

https://asaltoalparquezoologico.bandcam ... t-noise-ep
https://asaltoalparquezoologico.bandcam ... m/apzoo-ep

I remind Radial Spangle's Syrup Macrame and liked that shit a lot when I discovered, I remind that album a cross between Mercury Rev's early albums (Boces) and Polvo. Th' Faith Healers are also a very special band for me. Good bands I also enjoyed are Magic Hour, Quicksand, Bowery Electric or Moonshake, this song called "City Poison" still bristles my hair.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
Facundo
first class
first class

Postby RSMurphy on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:45 pm

I hope the OP and/or others don't mind the occasional dip into dream pop or shoegaze that doesn't necessarily sound like noise rock. Been using this thread as a catchall which wasn't its intent. However, shit gets so pretty that I lose all sense of decorum and protocol. Like this swirly and buoyant band out of Spain. So dreamy.

Linda Guilala
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Janeway on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 pm

ive read the definition and listened to the samples you guys put and i still cant grasp a true shoegaze from a slippergaze or something else, but this feels like some kinda gaze ...

phpBB [media]
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway

Postby Facundo on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:43 am

RSMurphy wrote:Linda Guilala

The drummer of that band lives near here and i knew him, he played in a powerpop punk-pop band with female singer i liked a lot when i was 13yo and I went to see them in one of my first alone shows.

https://elefantrecordsclassics.bandcamp ... ompilation

https://elefantrecordsclassics.bandcamp ... de-mi-vida
Facundo
first class
first class

Postby RSMurphy on Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:14 pm

Niz - Stone ep for all of your noisy, bendy, swirly needs.

Why is Japan so amazing at this? It doesn't reach the heights of Pasteboard, but for me Pasteboard occupies personal next level territory.

EDIT: Collapse - Delirium Poetry
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby RSMurphy on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:19 pm

Kinda short on time, but just wanted to let everyone know that my favorite psychedelic/shoegaze band from the Yucatan Peninsula, Los Kowalski, have just released what I feel is the best shoegaze record I've heard so far this year. And, let's be honest, I've been all up in my feels lately so this means something. Or, it's just a good-ass record. I waxed rhapsodic about it on the facebook thusly:

Los Kowalski is a band from Merida, Yucatan. I've previously repped them in the shoegaze thread on Electrical Audio. They have an ep titled Sonica which is really nice, but their new one is phenomenal. Soundtrack for sinking in lunar regolith. Insolently deafening, deeply psychedelic, and drop-dead gorgeous in equal parts. "Continental" twinkles, shimmers, and roars while its neighbor, "Blueorange" glides ecstatically across the universe. "Antes de que Llueva" ascends on heartbreak and "Richard Neutra" flexes serious noisepop muscle finishing with exquisite drones, and that's only the second half of the record. Highly recommended.

OK.

Los Kowalski - Dejarte Ir
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby P.J. Craven on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:57 pm

^Solid recommendation
ty-lot wrote:Sick bro
P.J. Craven
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby Facundo on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:57 am

RSMurphy wrote:EDIT: Collapse - Delirium Poetry

I'm enjoying this music hardly, my question is about the record quality. I don't want to pay ten dollars for the album if the recording sounds full of artifacts like the 128kbps mp3 in the bandcamp's prelisten have. If you say it sounds Ok I'll buy. The first EP is fucking good too: https://collapse-jp.bandcamp.com/album/self-titled-ep

Thanks.
Facundo
first class
first class

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion