home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Continuing Adventures in Asking Cancer to Fuck Itself

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Continuing Adventures in Asking Cancer to Fuck Itself

Postby Teacher's Pet on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:03 pm

I was talking with a coworker today who was nervously awaiting a call from the doctor regarding his wife's 1-year check-up results. She had a cancer thing a year ago and the 6 month check-up was good news, but he was a little freaked.

Anyway, I have a hard time imagining how tough this must be to deal with, and I thought of Pasta, and all of you, and how strong you must have to be to handle this shit. Hats off.

Pasta wrote:No motherfucking change in tumour. Still stable after almost 2.5 years no chemo! Get at me ya hockey pucks.

Cheers to this. Much respect.
Teacher's Pet
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran

Postby Pasta on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Teacher's Pet wrote:I was talking with a coworker today who was nervously awaiting a call from the doctor regarding his wife's 1-year check-up results. She had a cancer thing a year ago and the 6 month check-up was good news, but he was a little freaked.

Anyway, I have a hard time imagining how tough this must be to deal with, and I thought of Pasta, and all of you, and how strong you must have to be to handle this shit. Hats off.

Pasta wrote:No motherfucking change in tumour. Still stable after almost 2.5 years no chemo! Get at me ya hockey pucks.

Cheers to this. Much respect.

The anticipation and anxiety when awaiting test results is brutal. My family is always a mess those 2 days. I'm usually pretty fucking cranky. So is my wife. The last 2 years mindfulness meditation on a daily basis has really helped. That said, definitely dealing with some pretty heavy PTSD since the 5th anniversary.
Ninety Five Cents? FUCK YOU!!! I'LL SKATE TO THE BEACH.
Pasta
Fucking Survivor....Fuck Cancer

Postby Teacher's Pet on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:14 pm

The relatively minor things which cause crankiness in me & my household make me feel like an asshole compared to this.

My coworker just emailed me with good news. Nice way for this fellow to start a vacation.

Fuck cancer.
Teacher's Pet
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran

Postby Pasta on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Teacher's Pet wrote:The relatively minor things which cause crankiness in me & my household make me feel like an asshole compared to this.

My coworker just emailed me with good news. Nice way for this fellow to start a vacation.

Fuck cancer.

Do not feel like an asshole. There are no logical comparisons for living with this disease. It is neither greater than nor lesser than.

It truley is an experiment in existential living. Just because I have a life threatening illness doesn't mean my dat to day
Pasta

Postby Pasta on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:23 pm

I hate to do this again. Almost had a siezure a week and a half ago, had gone Hypothyroid. Today was my first day back at work. But, just missed all that pay, while the Lady's been off work and back in Chicago, helping her dad recover from his bone marrow transplant. So no income. If any of you can help, even the smallest sum.

Everytime it seems like we've turned a corner, cancer and it's symptoms seem to throw us a block.

PM if you can.

FUCK
Pasta

Postby Pasta on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:32 pm

^Thanks FM Janeway. Things are already turning around.

And, with her dads health Leah and I have made a big life decision.

OFFICIAL PRF ANNOUNCEMENT

Next Summer we relocate to Chicago. Be near family to help out with Pops Recovery. And, it's time for a life change for both of us.

I've already got work lined up.

An "advice" thread will come.

We're very excited. Gonna spend the next 9 months tying up loose ends and preparing.

See yall in a year.
Pasta

Postby Boombats on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Anyone here have a skin cancer scare? I have some shit that's been on me / not healed for way too long. Looking at pics online but hard to really tell. Kind of worried, kind of also want to die anyway so fuck it
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Carl on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Proactive screening can make melanoma go from death sentence to nuisance, and several other types of skin cancer are less aggressive but still better to catch early than late. Get thee to a dermatologist for an exam.
dvockins wrote:That is the most pretentious bullshit I have heard in the last three years and I live in Brooklyn.
Carl
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby Pasta on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Today is the 6th Anniversary of my final radiation session. Seems like forever ago.
Pasta

Postby cak on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:09 am

Melanoma is not something to fuck with. I lost a great friend this week who was successfully treated years ago for ocular melanoma, or so he thought. It lingered in his body the whole time after, attacking his liver. By the time he found out, he had less than two months. He left behind a wife and three children (including a brand new daughter) who are lucky to have a beautiful support group.
cak
philip guston
philip guston

Postby bumble on Wed May 02, 2018 6:59 pm

Dear friends:

A good-friend-so-good-he’s-family has a late stage diagnosis. He’s one of My People, you know?

Now, his skin is a mess so i’ve made him some patented Bumble Balm. Poured into empty Altoids tins for extra style!

I’ve also proposed a whenever-weekly dinner and TV hang through streamlined channels
so as not to overwhelm him.

How can I best be a pal without being a god damn pest?

I am at heart a god damn pest and want to shove an anti-inflammatory diet down his throat and call in oncologist favors that I like for real just made up, FYI. So you know what YOU’RE dealing with.
bumble
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby Carl on Thu May 03, 2018 9:33 am

bumble wrote:Dear friends:

A good-friend-so-good-he’s-family has a late stage diagnosis.

Having experienced this situation too many times since the turn of the century, my best advice is in the form of two questions:

1) What does the person want to do with his time?
2) How can I help with those goals?

Help him use his energy to accomplish what he feels he needs to accomplish.
dvockins wrote:That is the most pretentious bullshit I have heard in the last three years and I live in Brooklyn.
Carl

Postby bumble on Thu May 03, 2018 9:36 am

Carl wrote:
bumble wrote:Dear friends:

A good-friend-so-good-he’s-family has a late stage diagnosis.

Having experienced this situation too many times since the turn of the century, my best advice is in the form of two questions:

1) What does the person want to do with his time?
2) How can I help with those goals?

Help him use his energy to accomplish what he feels he needs to accomplish.

Agreed. Right now, though, his prognosis is more open with a decent probability of survival, even with the late staging.

But I'll follow his lead and constrain myself from dropping off food at his house on the daily.
bumble

Postby Carl on Thu May 03, 2018 9:43 am

Oh, that's good, and in keeping with my advice. If, say, he wants to go for rides someplace scenic before and after treatments, drive him! Some of my favorite memories of my uncle were spent taking drives through Seattle after doctor's visits.

What's the food situation at his house? Dropping off food daily could be welcome or inconvenient, especially if other people are also doing it and there's no refrigerator space. (My cousin's family has someone coordinating meal donations while she is in the hospital, and that's making the meals welcome rather than a burden.) Does he want food? Is anyone at the house in need of help with this (or anything else)?
Carl

Postby bumble on Tue May 15, 2018 8:44 am

Thanks, Carl.

I got his permission to drop off food and immediately morphed that into a 12-person delivery calendar.

Not even slightly sorry.

This is why I am a problem.

Several are dropping food off and running (NO PARKING WTF), so we're minimizing the social burden, and his girlfriend is acting as the gatekeeper. She also let us know what he needs (fast, healthy lunches) which I then transmogrified into NUTRIENT DENSITY MULTIPLE GROCERY BAG STOCKING. Which he needed and seemed to genuinely appreciate.

This is also why I am a problem.

Basically, I need to be put on a leash whenever I get a bug in my brain.

BUT EVERYONE LOVES DARK CHOCOLATE COVERED ALMONDS.

See?
bumble

Postby Pasta on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:03 pm

Just got blood labs for the first time in 6 months. Used to do this 3 times a month. Forgot how sad the phlebotomy waiting room can be. So many scared people.

Just getting thyroid levels checked. See if a dosage change is in order. Been feeling pretty shitty the last few months. Especially on Mondays when I take an extra dose, and Tuesday, as I recover. Manic, followed by shakey and exhausted.

Think I had a siezure in my sleep last week. Hopefully labs will provide some insight.
Pasta

Postby A_Man_Who_Tries on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:23 am

Had posted in the Cool Shit thread, but deserves to be here too.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ary-cancer

You Sir, are a fucking Prince.
once deceased
A_Man_Who_Tries
satan
satan

Postby Trey on Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:48 pm

Wasn't planning to talk about this but I figure it'll get out somehow anyways. I got diagnosed with prostate cancer this week. I had to get routine blood work done for my doctor and turns out my psa levels were elevated. They referred me to a urologist who did a second test that yielded the same results, so a biopsy was ordered. We were hoping it was just a normal high psa level because that can be a thing, but that wasn't the case.

It's a fairly aggressive case, but catching it early meant it was confined just to the prostate. We're weighing the options but it's looking like the best move is just to take it out. It's a pretty major surgery and the recovery time will be 6-8 weeks but if it goes well, I can beat it.

The main reason I decided to post this is to encourage dudes in their 40's to get checked sooner than later. I'm 50 and if I didn't get the blood work done and catch this shit early, it could have easily spread to my lymph nodes and that would be a whole nother thing. So get checked, my dudes. And Fuck Cancer.
I'm like, whatever, it's fucking Houlihan

http://www.thegary.com
Trey
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby tmidgett on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:35 pm

Trey, that fucking blows but at least it's contained.

I'm thinking of you, and I hope you get that dumb thing axed and are back in good form as quickly as possible.
tmidgett
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby seanurban on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:49 pm

Best wishes and thank you for telling us.
seanurban
King High

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion