home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby Me Again on Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:29 am

WoundedFoot wrote:
William Wilson wrote:It's possible to design cables that deliver too much sonic perfection. Their radiant, pristine detail is too much for the other components in the system, which promptly commit suicide out of a feeling of worthlessness. As this fellow's amp did. You've flown too close to the sun with your fancy cables, sir. Leave well enough alone.


Quote of the thread right there.


No kidding! Sig'd the part in bold.

Gotta make time for this whole thread now....hella funny.
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
User avatar
Me Again
robert rauschenberg
robert rauschenberg
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:08 am

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby agiant on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:44 pm

Night headphone cable
A smooth, dynamic and detailed sound with a large and spacious soundstage.

The Night Headphone cable has a large tube surrounding half of the cable with our best H2U2 Resonance Filtering. This gives many benefits to the sound. The detail and smoothness improve with larger bass in a blacker background. The soundstage becomes larger in every direction while improving on layering where you can hear each sound separately with greater attack and decay information surrounding them. The transparency and realism improves but without making it sound forward or bright. With Night Headphone cable it sounds very relaxing to listen to music.

All cables have ADL headphone wiring inside of them and cost between $2,300 and $4,600 depending on which wiring is used.


I bought a Night cable for my Iphone7... it sounds very relaxing with the new Apple lighting audio interface, but It blew my Pono.
Last edited by agiant on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blah
User avatar
agiant
pres. laura roslin
pres. laura roslin
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:44 am
Location: Madrid

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby agiant on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:49 pm

Moreover, it's very popular in my secret S&M sex ring meetings. Pretty versatile.

Image
blah
User avatar
agiant
pres. laura roslin
pres. laura roslin
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:44 am
Location: Madrid

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby jimmy two hands on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:26 pm

AudioTruth wrote:That tweaks and cables make a difference is very obvious, all audiophiles know this. If tweaks don't make a difference, it defies the laws of physics. When placing an object touching the audio system, it will always make a difference to the sound. If you don't place any object, then it doesn't make a difference. For years I have described how the object looks microscopically without ever looking at it through a microscope. When I finally bought a microscope, all the objects look exactly how I pictured them. For example, copper looks rough on the surface while silver looks smooth. Copper has always sounded rough while silver sounded smooth, this difference is far from subtle.

Instead of using a microscope, I can listen to the object using my audio system and I get the same picture. I can detect things that microscopes cannot. The audio system is a great way to understand how the Universe works. Microscopes are limited, they show only a part of the picture, just like measurement tools do. They show a small fraction of everything. But when listening to your audio system, it shows everything! Any subtle differences become amplified into larger differences that are easy to hear. I can keep on going and proving this for years, but it's so simple, just try it for yourself. Practice daily for 12 hours per day and you will hear it too. If you don't practice something, how are you going to be good at it? You can't suddenly stand up and start walking if you never done it before, just like you can't go directly to the subtlest tweaks, you need to practice and build up your skill first.


FM AudioTruth is the greatest FM of all time. This is pure beauty.

Image

For every grain of sand, there are a billion stars. All things are possible.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
User avatar
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 14359
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:20 pm
Location: Fortress Jimbotron

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby AudioTruth on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:55 am

The Night headphone cable gives far greater sound quality than a headphone amplifier. With this cable I get better sound when plugging my AKG K702 directly into the CD player, than into a $1000 amplifier with a stock cable.

I have used expensive electronics in the past worth tens of thousands of dollars, but now I know the truth. I just use a cheap Marantz CD5005 CD player and get better sound than ever, only because of these cables. I don't need a DAC or amplifier, just a single box with hundreds of tweaks above it. 13 years later my system still constantly improves.

Image
Image

I have never downgraded my system to worse sound, only for lower cost. When I was a beginner I wasted a lot of money on things that only made a flavor change in the system, it was a constant side stepping, never true upgrades. For example the Nordost Valhalla cables, the flavor was nice in the beginning but now I can't stand it. The audio system needs to be transparent like water that you never get bored of. It needs to give maximum detail while sounding silky smooth. If there is something covering the inner details it becomes annoying very quickly, like when I bought the PS Audio statement power cables; the bass was good but it sounded muddy and blurry, after half an hour I was screaming in pain, aarghhh where are all the details?! Switching to Valhalla gave the detail but it sounded hollow and weak. Virtual Dynamics found the problem and fixed it by putting sand around the wire so the bass increased while keeping detail. I have sold all the Virtual Dynamics cables, even the $50k Judge which I finally sold a year ago. Virtual Dynamics just put some random sand around the wire. I found that this sand is the most important to get right, because it changes the sound greatly. When using only a single type of sand, it sounds flat and lifeless. But when combining multiple types, shapes and sizes you get extra 3 dimensionality and detail. Creating the optimal sand is a work of art that takes years of practice.
AudioTruth
novitiate
novitiate
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby Boombats on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:08 am

God I wanna eat those tweaks
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19854
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby jimmy two hands on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:22 am

AudioTruth wrote:The Night headphone cable gives far greater sound quality than a headphone amplifier. With this cable I get better sound when plugging my AKG K702 directly into the CD player, than into a $1000 amplifier with a stock cable.

I have used expensive electronics in the past worth tens of thousands of dollars, but now I know the truth. I just use a cheap Marantz CD5005 CD player and get better sound than ever, only because of these cables. I don't need a DAC or amplifier, just a single box with hundreds of tweaks above it. 13 years later my system still constantly improves.

Image
Image

I have never downgraded my system to worse sound, only for lower cost. When I was a beginner I wasted a lot of money on things that only made a flavor change in the system, it was a constant side stepping, never true upgrades. For example the Nordost Valhalla cables, the flavor was nice in the beginning but now I can't stand it. The audio system needs to be transparent like water that you never get bored of. It needs to give maximum detail while sounding silky smooth. If there is something covering the inner details it becomes annoying very quickly, like when I bought the PS Audio statement power cables; the bass was good but it sounded muddy and blurry, after half an hour I was screaming in pain, aarghhh where are all the details?! Switching to Valhalla gave the detail but it sounded hollow and weak. Virtual Dynamics found the problem and fixed it by putting sand around the wire so the bass increased while keeping detail. I have sold all the Virtual Dynamics cables, even the $50k Judge which I finally sold a year ago. Virtual Dynamics just put some random sand around the wire. I found that this sand is the most important to get right, because it changes the sound greatly. When using only a single type of sand, it sounds flat and lifeless. But when combining multiple types, shapes and sizes you get extra 3 dimensionality and detail. Creating the optimal sand is a work of art that takes years of practice.


I love you.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
User avatar
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 14359
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:20 pm
Location: Fortress Jimbotron

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby Bernardo on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Obviously not, but worth asking

Is there a simple way to turn this whole thread into a pdf so I can read it when there is time? After reading the other thread on live sound I`m sure there`s much to be learned from studying this discussion.
User avatar
Bernardo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7231
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:03 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby Seby on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:38 pm

I read through all of it recently page by page. It took a while, but I can assure you that it was worth it : )
Seby
webelos
webelos
 
Posts: 805
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby stewie on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Epic troll is epic
User avatar
stewie
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6816
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:43 am
Location: Near Boston

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby enframed on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:12 am

You mention many pages back paint on logos making a difference. My friend and I are considering developing audiophile paint for listening rooms. Do you have any experience with paint changing the tuning of the room?

Thanks in advance.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
User avatar
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 16755
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: Central Coast, CA

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby Carl on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:09 am

If I may add on to fm enframed's' important query, to what extent would using paint made with graphene affect your answer? It would seem a graphene paint layer would maximize the ambient acoustic space of the listening room, and I wonder if you can model what that means for the overall sound.
dvockins wrote:That is the most pretentious bullshit I have heard in the last three years and I live in Brooklyn.
User avatar
Carl
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
 
Posts: 2416
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:05 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby travis k on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:23 am

IANFMaudiotruth but I can assure you that the mineral properties of the different colored pigments would affect the sound to some degree.
I would assume that the porosity of the binder would have some effect as well.
User avatar
travis k
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:45 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby brephophagist on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:32 am

travis k wrote:I would assume that the porosity of the binder would have some effect as well.

I'd definitely expect some perpendicular crosstalk.
User avatar
brephophagist
cool kid
cool kid
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:41 am
Location: of gall bladder

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby Tuolumne on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:38 am

brephophagist wrote:
travis k wrote:I would assume that the porosity of the binder would have some effect as well.

I'd definitely expect some perpendicular crosstalk.

Perhaps.The wow ratio would be off the charts, I can tell you that.
User avatar
Tuolumne
thomas paine
thomas paine
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:21 pm
Location: Northeast Portland, Oregon

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby cerebralheadtrip on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:15 pm

look out for the coaxial flutter
cerebralheadtrip
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby atomjackfuser on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:45 pm

What Essential Oil is best for recording drums?
User avatar
atomjackfuser
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants
 
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:37 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby bishopdante on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:25 pm

Camphor.

Camphor is both warm and punchy.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." - Bertrand Russell
User avatar
bishopdante
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4332
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:25 am
Location: London

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby MJongo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:13 pm

I'm seriously considering replacing my teeth with tweaks. I'll have the best-sounding voice on the planet!
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd."
-Voltaire
User avatar
MJongo
bocce bowler
bocce bowler
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 11:21 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio

Re: Stereo Times reviewer holding my $80k cables for ransom

Postby Anthony Flack on Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:05 pm

And a real head-turning smile.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9093
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:27 am
Location: New Zealand

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: icing and 10 guests

cron