home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Notable Reissues Thread.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby Major on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:00 pm

User avatar
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6528
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:19 am
Location: 29.7604° N, 95.3698° W

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby hotnickels on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Sorry if this is a repeat. I had to bug Dan from EIS to find this, because I haven't seen anything about it anywhere else:
https://midheaven.com/artist/brainiac

Bonsai Superstar has been on my wish list for at least... since the beginning of my wish list.
User avatar
hotnickels
envoy
envoy
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:19 pm
Location: minneapolis

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby Major on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:28 pm

hotnickels wrote:Sorry if this is a repeat. I had to bug Dan from EIS to find this, because I haven't seen anything about it anywhere else:
https://midheaven.com/artist/brainiac

Bonsai Superstar has been on my wish list for at least... since the beginning of my wish list.


NICE!
User avatar
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6528
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:19 am
Location: 29.7604° N, 95.3698° W

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby El Protoolio on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Those Brainiac reissues sold out immediately. People are gouging for them on discogs. I suggest trying here first. So far still in stock

https://www.musicdirect.com/Search?sear ... ts&c2=grid
User avatar
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9186
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Your Mom

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby hotnickels on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:13 pm

El Protoolio wrote:Those Brainiac reissues sold out immediately. People are gouging for them on discogs. I suggest trying here first. So far still in stock

https://www.musicdirect.com/Search?sear ... ts&c2=grid


Wow. Somehow this just really surprised and bummed me out.
User avatar
hotnickels
envoy
envoy
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:19 pm
Location: minneapolis

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby El Protoolio on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:19 pm

I guess they only pressed 500 of each. I saw two of each on Friday at Cheapo in St Paul but didn’t yet know about the scarcity. Went home, looked online and discovered it, ran all the fuck the way back to St Fucking Paul, and they were already gone. It had been two hours. Some dude on discogs clued me into the musicdirect.com link. I ordered them. As of today they still seem to be in stock for $21. When I last checked discogs they were $68-90.
User avatar
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9186
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Your Mom

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby hotnickels on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:30 pm

El Protoolio wrote:I guess they only pressed 500 of each. I saw two of each on Friday at Cheapo in St Paul but didn’t yet know about the scarcity. Went home, looked online and discovered it, ran all the fuck the way back to St Fucking Paul, and they were already gone. It had been two hours. Some dude on discogs clued me into the musicdirect.com link. I ordered them. As of today they still seem to be in stock for $21. When I last checked discogs they were $68-90.



I saw the Discogs crap right after I saw your post. Crazy. That didn't occur to me or even seem like a possibility when I ordered Bonsai from Midheaven. I hope the musicdirect thing works for you!
And funny, because a couple of months ago I ran into the results of someone de-Schmersal-ing at the St Paul Cheapo - Hissing Prigs, all the Enon and Crooks stuff, Vertical Scratchers... I was almost offended!
User avatar
hotnickels
envoy
envoy
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:19 pm
Location: minneapolis

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby brephophagist on Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:50 pm

Man, I missed the cutoff on the Brainiac reissues at MusicDirect. Just got the out-of-stock email. Knew I shouldn't've slept on it.
User avatar
brephophagist
cool kid
cool kid
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:41 am
Location: of gall bladder

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby MJongo on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:34 pm

The Residents have a couple deluxe 2CD editions of albums coming out tomorrow with outtakes and bonus tracks. Meet The Residents and The Third Reich 'n Roll pREServed Editions. The former is one of my favorite albums of all time so I'm definitely picking that one up.
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd."
-Voltaire
User avatar
MJongo
bocce bowler
bocce bowler
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 11:21 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:10 am

Superior Viaduct is officially issuing Spacemen 3's Dreamweapon.
User avatar
AnthonyVillalobos
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7231
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:40 am
Location: Las Vegas/Los Angeles

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby Major on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:21 pm

They had lots of copies of the Brainiac LPs in stock at End of An Ear yesterday. $22/ea. Fuck those flipper assholes.
User avatar
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6528
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:19 am
Location: 29.7604° N, 95.3698° W

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby El Protoolio on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:05 pm

Update - my music direct order was cancelled due to being out of stock and out of print.

*sad trombone
User avatar
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9186
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Your Mom

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby brephophagist on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:43 pm

Found Hissing Prigs for $20 at Every Day Music in downtown Portland yesterday. No luck on Bonsai yet, though. They're still out there!

Also noticed while there: Did one of you do this?
Image
:smt007
User avatar
brephophagist
cool kid
cool kid
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:41 am
Location: of gall bladder

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby kerble on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:01 pm

Man, that Bonsai thing is dogshit. I didn't order it because I didn't want to give them all my credentials. Figured I could just buy it when it came out. Stupid.
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
User avatar
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 18763
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Heartbreaker.

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby Tommy on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:07 pm

kerble wrote:Man, that Bonsai thing is dogshit. I didn't order it because I didn't want to give them all my credentials. Figured I could just buy it when it came out. Stupid.


related: Reckless on Milwaukee and Broadway both still have Smack Bunny Baby
User avatar
Tommy
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5481
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:30 pm
Location: Logan Square, Chicago, IL

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby kerble on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:43 pm

Tommy wrote:
kerble wrote:Man, that Bonsai thing is dogshit. I didn't order it because I didn't want to give them all my credentials. Figured I could just buy it when it came out. Stupid.


related: Reckless on Milwaukee and Broadway both still have Smack Bunny Baby


Still have my OG pressing of that, but good looking out! There's a bonus song on the LP that's super good.
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
User avatar
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 18763
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Heartbreaker.

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby hotnickels on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:46 pm

Got my Bonsai, also already had an OG Smack Bunny. The weirdest part of the reissue to me is that it seems to be an exact duplicate of the original, with no other info? Almost bootleggy.
Still disgruntled about what happened with the whole thing. If I see any un-gouging copies, I'll report back!
User avatar
hotnickels
envoy
envoy
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:19 pm
Location: minneapolis

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby Major on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:37 pm

Both Brainiac LPs are now available at retail price on Discogs.
User avatar
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6528
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:19 am
Location: 29.7604° N, 95.3698° W

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:11 pm

Is Electro-Shock For President part of all these reissues?
User avatar
AnthonyVillalobos
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7231
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:40 am
Location: Las Vegas/Los Angeles

Re: Notable Reissues Thread.

Postby Major on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:47 pm

AnthonyVillalobos wrote:Is Electro-Shock For President part of all these reissues?


No
User avatar
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6528
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:19 am
Location: 29.7604° N, 95.3698° W

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: icing and 10 guests

cron