home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

PRF BBQ WEST COAST 2014: Schedule on page 1

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: PRF BBQ Bay Area: 2014 (band list on page 1)

Postby Ben Abraham on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Updated the band list.

We're working on getting a solid venue together and then we'll work on booking bands.
Ben Abraham
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby howiemarx on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:19 pm

Ben Abraham wrote:Updated the band list.

We're working on getting a solid venue together and then we'll work on booking bands.

AnthonyCinder wrote:Hey, I'm way late to the party, and am assuming the lineup is established. But if anyone backs out, ye olde Cinder Cone from Los Angeles would love to play the event.

Hi.

:smt023

Current potential line up is looking fucking aces.
howiemarx
osama bin laden
osama bin laden

Postby AnthonyCinder on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:32 am

howiemarx wrote:
Ben Abraham wrote:Updated the band list.

AnthonyCinder wrote:Hey, I'm way late to the party, and am assuming the lineup is established. But if anyone backs out, ye olde Cinder Cone from Los Angeles would love to play the event.

Hi.

:smt023

Current potential line up is looking fucking aces.

But but but ... we still aren't on the list. Who do I have to talk dirty to around here to make this happen?
How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette? - George Carlin

https://cindercone.bandcamp.com/
AnthonyCinder
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby The Canadian on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:42 am

If there is a time slot available Practice Wife is still interested in playing.
The Canadian
President, Canadian Chapter

Postby cneutron on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:07 pm

The Canadian wrote:If there is a time slot available Practice Wife is still interested in playing.

Yeah man, Practice Wife are on the interested list too, bear with us... until we get the new venue situated the band list has taken a back seat.

AnthonyCinder wrote:But but but ... we still aren't on the list. Who do I have to talk dirty to around here to make this happen?

It'll happen meng, don't sweat it.

Porch too.
Porch will also be playing.
There are other bigger surprises as well... but those will be revealed as stuff gets closer. The world kind of shuts down around this kind of year, so there hasn't been much to report.
cneutron
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby Ben Abraham on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:43 am

Updated the list again, sorry for the delay. But yeah, FM cneutron is on the job getting a venue as well as arranging some potentially amazing surprise guests.

Don't sweat it too much if you don't see your name on the list, I'll try to update it as often as I hear from people. You can always PM me with questions and concerns and I'll update the thread as things progress.

Once we get the venue secured, I'll handle the booking and management and whatnot.
Ben Abraham

Postby AnthonyCinder on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:06 pm

:smt007
How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette? - George Carlin

https://cindercone.bandcamp.com/
AnthonyCinder

Postby Ben Abraham on Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:51 pm

It's official. This thing is happening. We're finalizing a space in Oakland and this thing will happen on the first weekend of May. Depending on how many bands are interested, we can do 3 or 4 days of solid rock starting May 1 or 2 till May 4. Cneutron is working on getting some awesome surprise guests. It'll be a fun party with music, food, and booze.

I would like is to lock down the bands that are into playing this thing. PM me if you're interested and include your email so that I can send group emails and confer with you in person about things. I'm friends with a lot of you on Facebook as well so message me there as well.
Ben Abraham

Postby jimmy two hands on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:45 pm

cneutron wrote:Porch will also be playing.

Seriously? I might have to fly out for this.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Sam on Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:20 pm

holy shit, Porch!
Sam
cool kid
cool kid

Postby Ben Abraham on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:41 pm

So I am also thinking about inviting my artist friends to show their work as well during the BBQ. I think that it would be a great venue for artists and rockers to meet and collaborate. There are some amazing artists at my school and I think it'd be nice to put them in touch with the PRF rock crowd. How does everyone feel about this? We had a similar thing at the NYC BBQ and it was pretty cool.
Ben Abraham

Postby cneutron on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:07 pm

Sam wrote:holy shit, Porch!

jimmy two hands wrote:
cneutron wrote:Porch will also be playing.

Seriously? I might have to fly out for this.

Believe it boys, they have a wonderful new record too:
http://porch.bandcamp.com/album/walking-boss

That ain't the half of it for cool stuff either, more soon.
cneutron

Postby cneutron on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:50 pm

So I just came back from the venue we are having it, and let me tell you people.
This is amazing stuff.

really beautiful setup.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday will all be at the same venue.
Friday evening and then probably a noon-close thing on Saturday and Sunday after we put together a schedule.

The venue is called "Leo's" and it's awesome.
WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD OF IT?
Because it's not open yet smart guy/gal!

It is in Oakland, it's pretty easy to get to. Right at a bus stop, 16 blocks from the hub of the BART (our El/Subway equivalent)

It's on the location of this old place:
Leo's Pro Audio
Because it's still being built I couldn't legally take pictures, but man... it is freaking COOL.
Anybody that's ever been there (benadrian? auntie?) can tell you that the old place was deceptively big and oddly setup. Well, the deceptively big thing is still true, but the setup is now awesome.
Nice stage, and it's getting outfitted by Meyer sound. Which means that the PA system is going to be top notch. The sound should be incredible.

It's just about the perfect size, to avoid any Chicago Burlingtron style capacity issues. Load in is right next to the stage, if we felt so inclined we have another room that we could do quieter stuff or show art or something in. There's going to be an area to the side, he suggested cordoning it off for BBQ and food trucks before I even mentioned that would be a thing we'd like to do.

The owner is a great dude too, for the record he also runs a few other venues... one of which is the one Shellac did their last bay area shows at. He's a fan, and most importantly an on the level dude.
We'll be dealing with minimal staff and hassle in exchange for steppin' up to DO THANGS. One of which is that i'm going to trade a little work to help make it more awesome. Something I would gladly do anyway. It's the perfect blend of hands on and hands off and the guy is pretty excited to have us there. It opens in later March and this is going to be one of the first "bigger" events.

I'm honestly just over the moon that we're going to be able to have this at such an amazing venue, but the fact that a great venue of this size is now going to be in my home town makes me want to uncontrollably fist pump in the air.

I'm going to hold off on such activities for now since Thundersnow is on deck and there's still a ton more work to do, but ye gods man. We've hit the jackpot on this one. As much as I love Artbeat, this is a step up in every way. We are going to have to get cracking down on the schedules and i'll lock down our cooler "surprise" things, but you can file this in the: "Cool stuff that you should god damn well be at." list.
cneutron

Postby Trey on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:30 pm

That sounds really great, Conan! We're still down, btw. Gonna be a blast.
I'm like, whatever, it's fucking Houlihan

http://www.thegary.com
Trey
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Ben Abraham on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:42 pm

I think Conan covered most of the news. We have a venue locked down and it's run by people that get what we're about. So what that means is that we're going to have to start get some things settled firstly the band list.

As I mentioned in my earlier post please email me with your contact info if you are interested or message me on Facebook. In the interest of planning and managing shit get at me by March 1st. if you would like to play this. After that, we can't guarantee we'll have slots open.

This will be an awesome fucking party and we're still working on some surprise guests.
Ben Abraham

Postby kazoozak on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Gave my bandmates the date so they can check their availability. At the very least I would be down to also do a Fake Canadian solo set.
kazoozak
has seen it all
has seen it all

Postby Ben Abraham on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:55 pm

Hey everyone please message me with your email info so that can get things organized. So far, I have only have confirmation from 5-6 bands. I have the list of confirmed bands in green on page one.

Please get at me as soon as you can so I can make things run as smoothly as possible. Thanks!
Ben Abraham

Postby balikye on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:49 pm

i'm squab squawk. i'll be there. (i don't think i have posted here before. hi)
balikye

Postby Ben Abraham on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:13 am

balikye wrote:i'm squab squawk. i'll be there. (i don't think i have posted here before. hi)

Welcome balikye :)
Ben Abraham

Postby Jorsh Horsely on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:16 am

Ben Abraham wrote:
balikye wrote:i'm squab squawk. i'll be there. (i don't think i have posted here before. hi)

Welcome balikye :)

OHAI SQUAB SQUAWK! :smt006
Jorsh Horsely
fran
fran

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion