home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Hey, Andrew B. Cohen

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Hey, Andrew B. Cohen

Postby Andrew B. Cohen on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:11 pm

ismaelbelda wrote:Estimado señor Cohen: this is just to say that I love everything about Unreality. Truly beautiful record. I've been a longtime fan of Silkworm and Bottomless Pit, and I think there are new areas of expression here and that as a record it is equal or better than those of the aforementioned bands. As always, I just love the guitar (I remember falling in love when I was nineteen with the bridge&middle-pickups position sound in a Stratocaster, which previosuly I hated, while listening to "There Is a Party in Warsaw Tonight" and the incredible solo in "Don't Make Plans This Friday" –maybe you'll tell me that wasn't a Stratocaster but a Les Paul, hehe, well, it sounded like that to me–), but your voice especially seems to me to have reached a special purity of expression in this record that I hadn't noticed before. So much beauty. Thank you, sir. Any possibility of dates in Europe?

This is the first time I participate in this forum. I wrote here something similar a couple of days before but no dice.
Best of luck. Saludos desde Madrid.

Thanks ismaelbelda, I am glad that Unreality has resonated with you. I am very happy with how it came out, it was pretty effortless, which is often (but not always) a good sign when making a record. I love Spain and we would likely come if the opportunity showed up, but it would take a lot of pesetas (I mean Euros) to break even, so I better increase my marketing efforts to sell some more records!
Andrew B. Cohen
busher
busher

Postby landspeednyc on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:28 am

Thanks, FM Vish!

Andrew Cohen discusses Jason Molina of Magnolia Electric Co., Michael Dahlquist of Silkworm, and his new Comedy Minus One release with Light Coma, Unreality.

Ep. #369: Andrew Cohen & Light Coma
http://vishkhanna.com/2017/12/06/ep-369 ... ight-coma/
landspeednyc
evita
evita

Postby bdm on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 pm

Wow. As a 40ish full time job having dad this interview was kind of inspiring. Just thing I needed to hear coming from somebody I kinda consider a personal hero. Pretty much hits the nail on the head with a lot of things going on in my mind these days.
bdm
thomas paine
thomas paine

Postby vish on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:57 am

bdm wrote:Wow. As a 40ish full time job having dad this interview was kind of inspiring. Just thing I needed to hear coming from somebody I kinda consider a personal hero. Pretty much hits the nail on the head with a lot of things going on in my mind these days.

cool, thanks for listening to this.
vish
kareem abdul jabbar
kareem abdul jabbar

Previous

Return to General Discussion