home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby 154 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:40 am

You could add a dinner break around then.

I am bummed, and knowing the guy has had not one but TWO life threatening heart surgeries I'm a little concerned. Hopefully it's not that again..

p.s. next chance you get can you swap Lardo and Goddard on the list(s)?
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Marsupialized on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:47 am

Stinking Liz will play 45 mins, just moving everything up, give us a little breathing room, we can go off schedule over 10 mins now without time being an immense issue.
Marsupialized
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby yaledelay on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:52 am

Pasta wrote:We're all getting old, maybe, next year, we should have PRFBBQ 16 fanny packs made. Embroidered.

Think we're in to late for Wednesday activities, see y'all Thorsday at the latest

As someone who sells that sort of thing Fanny Packs are almost always screened, also they are returning, I have quoted them 3-5 times for different customers.
yaledelay
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby DrAwkward on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:53 am

Yeah, really concerned and bummed about whatever's happening in Camp Beauty Pill. Really hoping it's not related to the past.
Stinky Pete wrote:BDSM is a bit like Queens of the Stone Age in that it's basically fine to be into, but a bit worrying if you're obsessed with it.

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby jeff_fox on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:49 pm

Maybe The Effects can come in their place!
zom-zom wrote:Posterior means butt.
Gay Name|Hungry Man|MegaMaul|Blank Banker
jeff_fox

Postby 154 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:59 pm

jeff_fox wrote:Maybe The Effects can come in their place!

Wasn't 100% sure he was even going to be with them (he didn't tour with Deathfix either). They weren't/aren't exactly forthcoming with information!

Postby PEPPER! on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:56 pm

hey bands, you can do merch entry here
PEPPER!
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby numberthirty on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:29 am

Pretty sure I left a black backpack over by the table the soundboards were on. Should have a medium Motherfucker shirt and a Spectraflex guitar cable with a red jacket.

If someone sees it, could you grab it?
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty

Postby R.F.F. on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Two Things:
1) Anyone who needs to get into the Borelli compound for anything, just let me know.

2) For those of you who were concerned, I tracked down the drunk guy who crashed his bike into Borelli's Saturday night. He's fine. A little stiff and embarrassed, but otherwise no damage.
R.F.F.
puggy pearson
puggy pearson

Postby garthplinko on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:27 pm

R.F.F. wrote:Two Things:
1) Anyone who needs to get into the Borelli compound for anything, just let me know.

2) For those of you who were concerned, I tracked down the drunk guy who crashed his bike into Borelli's Saturday night. He's fine. A little stiff and embarrassed, but otherwise no damage.

Whoa I didn't hear about this. The only drunk crashing I saw was the drunk guy crashing into Evan's Arm Lock.

garthplinko
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby R.F.F. on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:11 pm

garthplinko wrote:

Whoa I didn't hear about this. The only drunk crashing I saw was the drunk guy crashing into Evan's Arm Lock.

Ha! That dude.

The bike crash was pretty scary from what I heard. Best I could tell, the drunk guy (Mike) was cruising home after a night of heavy drinking and forgot to turn away from Borelli's wall. He hit it pretty hard and was a bit discombobulated in addition to being wasted. I recognized him from my kid's school (he's another dad there) and luckily some buddies of mine knew him pretty well. It took about 20 minutes to convince him to take a ride home. Thank you to the people who stepped up and wouldn't let him leave. You saved him from making a potentially life threatening mistake. I would not be surprised if he was concussed.
R.F.F.
puggy pearson
puggy pearson

Postby PEPPER! on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:54 pm

numberthirty wrote:Pretty sure I left a black backpack over by the table the soundboards were on. Should have a medium Motherfucker shirt and a Spectraflex guitar cable with a red jacket.

If someone sees it, could you grab it?

will do. I'm going back tomorrow (Tuesday) morning to return kegs, Jeff's PA, and our drums & wedges. I'll photograph any lost & found stuff.
PEPPER!
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby PEPPER! on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:33 pm

also that was about as not crap as it gets, thanks everybody
PEPPER!
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Marsupialized on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:06 pm

Bands.

Let's talk.

Extreme VOLUME, though it feels bad ass, is not necessary in this situation. In fact it works against you in many ways.
Like, ok, no matter how good a band was, if it was completely pummeling loud, people would need a break from it halfway through the set, saw it 200 times over the weekend. 'I love these guys but it's just too loud' or 'I can actually hear it way better out here' (in front room or kitchen)
It's 60 fucking bands, you come on after 30 of them and BLAST it out it becomes noise, there's a fatigue.
Did you notice Stinking Lizaveta was not super fucking loud? They were fucking awesome but not intensely loud. I saw people all around me actually take their earplugs out and look completely relieved halfway through the first song. Every band who came on and was not super loud, I'd immediately turn and look and walk in and check it out, the super loud shit just ended up as background noise a lot of the time. Many conversations with people tell me I am not alone in this.
We are all into amps and guitars and pedals for it to sound GOOD, I mean, why bother with expensive or interesting shit if you just turn it into a blur of noise? You can get that sound with a fucking Crate and a metal zone, you know?

Just some observations.
Last edited by Marsupialized on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marsupialized

Postby 154 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:12 pm

Didn't see that coming, but I agree completely. I could only take the super loud stuff for 2 songs tops. Garbled vocals, flat buried drum sounds, guitars where you can't tell what notes are being played: loses its excitement really fast.

Postby Marsupialized on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:33 pm

Lardo was fucking great, I could hear the weird guitar sounds and tones and riffs clearly, was powerful and intense yet not ear blastingly loud for loud's sake.
Some of the dudes, it's like 'why even bother with 20 expensive pedals if it's always just BWHAAAAA?' I can hear no difference when you click this pedal and that, it's all just a brick wall.
Marsupialized

Postby night_tools on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:35 pm

R.F.F. wrote:
garthplinko wrote:

Ha! That dude.

The bike crash was pretty scary from what I heard. Best I could tell, the drunk guy (Mike) was cruising home after a night of heavy drinking and forgot to turn away from Borelli's wall. He hit it pretty hard and was a bit discombobulated in addition to being wasted. I recognized him from my kid's school (he's another dad there) and luckily some buddies of mine knew him pretty well. It took about 20 minutes to convince him to take a ride home. Thank you to the people who stepped up and wouldn't let him leave. You saved him from making a potentially life threatening mistake. I would not be surprised if he was concussed.

I didn't hear about this. Thanks to everyone who helped him out!
You're a shit MD and I want my pizza money back.
night_tools
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby Boombats on Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:39 pm

yeah we are pretty loud
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Marsupialized on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:44 pm

I say all that but if Jap Herron played it'd have been loud as all fuck
Marsupialized

Postby garthplinko on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Boombats wrote:yeah we are pretty loud

Not just you guys at all. But for the most part it's pretty much expected from this group, no?

All weekend on the sound board it was pretty much us just running vocals out front and almost always to the point of feedback. Even then we could not always get the vocals close to the level of the guitars.

We did our best to have an even mix for everyone but most of the time it just wasn't possible.

But I do know this group and I knew exactly how this was going to go down. In the gear thread every guitar player wanted a 412 cab. Some guitar players used two amps and two cabs. I'm not even going to bother trying to ask them to turn down. This isn't anyone's first show. If they don't have the volume thing figured out by now then I'm just going to be another "fussy sound guy" to them and I do want the people that are on stage to be comfortable with what they are hearing.

Just trying to balance it all. It ain't easy.
garthplinko

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion