home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby R.F.F. on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:57 pm

numberthirty wrote:Pretty sure I left a black backpack over by the table the soundboards were on. Should have a medium Motherfucker shirt and a Spectraflex guitar cable with a red jacket.

If someone sees it, could you grab it?


It's on a table in Borelli's East. I'll make sure you get it.
R.F.F.
puggy pearson
puggy pearson
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:35 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby Snowblinder on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:56 pm

Top notch weekend. Thanks everyone. I just made it home (van broke down) and I already miss being there. See you in Louisville in September!
User avatar
Snowblinder
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
 
Posts: 2221
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:16 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby Brett Eugene Ralph on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:04 pm

Snowblinder wrote:Top notch weekend. Thanks everyone. I just made it home (van broke down) and I already miss being there. See you in Louisville in September!


Sorry to hear you broke down, Tony, but I'm glad you made it back. I, too, cannot wait until September to try to show the PRF as good a time in Louisville as we've been enjoying in Chicago and elsewhere for years.

Just don't bring any puppets with you to Kentucky, all right, folks?
User avatar
Brett Eugene Ralph
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:04 am
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby jimmy two hands on Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:07 am

Brett Eugene Ralph wrote:
Snowblinder wrote:Top notch weekend. Thanks everyone. I just made it home (van broke down) and I already miss being there. See you in Louisville in September!


Sorry to hear you broke down, Tony, but I'm glad you made it back. I, too, cannot wait until September to try to show the PRF as good a time in Louisville as we've been enjoying in Chicago and elsewhere for years.

Just don't bring any puppets with you to Kentucky, all right, folks?


You've just ensured that ALL THE PUPPETS will be there.
Image
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
User avatar
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 14384
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:20 pm
Location: Fortress Jimbotron

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby Brett Eugene Ralph on Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:33 am

I knew it would backfire.

Or bonfire . . .
User avatar
Brett Eugene Ralph
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:04 am
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby chrisc on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:59 pm

This was hell of fun.

Is there audio or video of Moxie Tung floating around somewhere?
User avatar
chrisc
red hodges
red hodges
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: Humboldt Park

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby garthplinko on Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:04 pm

I don't know about video but Matt and Corey and I did capture audio from each band. It's all multi tracked.

Matt has a plan for the audio. Stay tuned.
User avatar
garthplinko
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: South Bend, Indiana

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby Marsupialized on Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:17 pm

Moxie Tung, if you were not there it's hard to even begin to get across exactly how fucking awesome it was.
That was created FOR the BBQ, by the way, that's not an ongoing thing, I had zero clue what it would sound like or be, I just asked Sally if she wanted to play and that's what happened. I think they might actually keep doing it, judging from how pleased they seemed at the response. I would buy the fuck out of that record.
User avatar
Marsupialized
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 40816
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:21 am
Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby Carl on Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:55 pm

Marsupialized wrote:Moxie Tung, if you were not there it's hard to even begin to get across exactly how fucking awesome it was.
That was created FOR the BBQ, by the way, that's not an ongoing thing, I had zero clue what it would sound like or be, I just asked Sally if she wanted to play and that's what happened. I think they might actually keep doing it, judging from how pleased they seemed at the response. I would buy the fuck out of that record.

That should absolutely be a record. Also a tour. (And if Nan and Rob don't release it, I already pestered a Label Honcho to put it out.)

Only problem with a record is it wouldn't show the dance moves. Maybe a DVD?
dvockins wrote:That is the most pretentious bullshit I have heard in the last three years and I live in Brooklyn.
User avatar
Carl
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
 
Posts: 2426
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:05 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby cneutron on Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:57 pm

Carl wrote:
Marsupialized wrote:Moxie Tung, if you were not there it's hard to even begin to get across exactly how fucking awesome it was.
That was created FOR the BBQ, by the way, that's not an ongoing thing, I had zero clue what it would sound like or be, I just asked Sally if she wanted to play and that's what happened. I think they might actually keep doing it, judging from how pleased they seemed at the response. I would buy the fuck out of that record.

That should absolutely be a record. Also a tour. (And if Nan and Rob don't release it, I already pestered a Label Honcho to put it out.)

Only problem with a record is it wouldn't show the dance moves. Maybe a DVD?


Moxie Tung exercise DVD, I'm into that.
"If you wanna make this DIY shit go, you gotta fucking step up." -Russell Emerson Hall
Conan Neutron & the Secret Friends = Music band: Neutron/Ash/Crover.
Protonic Reversal = Radio Show/Podcast
Radio NOPE = 24/7 Kickass tunes/talk
User avatar
cneutron
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4200
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:33 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby numberthirty on Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:01 pm

Carl wrote:
Marsupialized wrote:Moxie Tung, if you were not there it's hard to even begin to get across exactly how fucking awesome it was.
That was created FOR the BBQ, by the way, that's not an ongoing thing, I had zero clue what it would sound like or be, I just asked Sally if she wanted to play and that's what happened. I think they might actually keep doing it, judging from how pleased they seemed at the response. I would buy the fuck out of that record.

That should absolutely be a record. Also a tour. (And if Nan and Rob don't release it, I already pestered a Label Honcho to put it out.)

Only problem with a record is it wouldn't show the dance moves. Maybe a DVD?


phpBB [media]


Make it happen, Carl.
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
User avatar
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 19860
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:28 am

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby 154 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Moxie Tung was awesome. I heard 'em soundchecking toy bells and was like 'oh great', but was dancing by the end.

garthplinko wrote:Matt has a plan for the audio. Stay tuned.


Ah man, whatever it is will be good.
User avatar
154
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7873
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:56 pm
Location: MKE

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby chrisc on Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:23 pm

cneutron wrote:
Carl wrote:
Marsupialized wrote:Moxie Tung, if you were not there it's hard to even begin to get across exactly how fucking awesome it was.
That was created FOR the BBQ, by the way, that's not an ongoing thing, I had zero clue what it would sound like or be, I just asked Sally if she wanted to play and that's what happened. I think they might actually keep doing it, judging from how pleased they seemed at the response. I would buy the fuck out of that record.

That should absolutely be a record. Also a tour. (And if Nan and Rob don't release it, I already pestered a Label Honcho to put it out.)

Only problem with a record is it wouldn't show the dance moves. Maybe a DVD?


Moxie Tung exercise DVD, I'm into that.


Is it possible to Kickstart a bribe to make this happen?
User avatar
chrisc
red hodges
red hodges
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: Humboldt Park

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby matte on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:44 pm

154 wrote:Moxie Tung was awesome. I heard 'em soundchecking toy bells and was like 'oh great', but was dancing by the end.

garthplinko wrote:Matt has a plan for the audio. Stay tuned.


Ah man, whatever it is will be good.


I want to make a BBQ compilation.

I've mixed and sent out 10 of the 39 sets. I go in order. At the rate I'm going I should be done in a couple weeks. Any of the bands that want to be on the 2015 BBQ comp should tell me which song from their set they want. Then we make a comp and put it on bandcamp for like 10 or 15 bucks and use the money for the next BBQ or give it to charity. Or whatever. I talked with at least half of the bands and everyone said they would be in.
User avatar
matte
names vacuums with eyes closed
names vacuums with eyes closed
 
Posts: 1610
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:23 pm
Location: Skokie, IL

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby Marsupialized on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:40 pm

Amazing
User avatar
Marsupialized
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 40816
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:21 am
Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby 1009 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:56 pm

matte wrote:
154 wrote:Moxie Tung was awesome. I heard 'em soundchecking toy bells and was like 'oh great', but was dancing by the end.

garthplinko wrote:Matt has a plan for the audio. Stay tuned.


Ah man, whatever it is will be good.


I want to make a BBQ compilation.

I've mixed and sent out 10 of the 39 sets. I go in order. At the rate I'm going I should be done in a couple weeks. Any of the bands that want to be on the 2015 BBQ comp should tell me which song from their set they want. Then we make a comp and put it on bandcamp for like 10 or 15 bucks and use the money for the next BBQ or give it to charity. Or whatever. I talked with at least half of the bands and everyone said they would be in.


You son of a bitch with your good ideas and generosity of spirit (and sweat) and your technical ability and general know-how and perpetual good nature, this is more of the same shit out of you.

All over this.
Prime numbers and tonal clusters with Radiant Republic.

Bass in the Heavy Bombers We're on the PRF Singles Comp Q1.

Sax with Begin By Gathering Supplies.

Terrible News.
User avatar
1009
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: Ville d'Swedes

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby Boombats on Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:02 am

By the beard of Mother Theresa, a thousand times YES.
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19934
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby El Protoolio on Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:27 am

Awesome
User avatar
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9213
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Your Mom

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby jimmy two hands on Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:51 am

matte wrote:
154 wrote:Moxie Tung was awesome. I heard 'em soundchecking toy bells and was like 'oh great', but was dancing by the end.

garthplinko wrote:Matt has a plan for the audio. Stay tuned.


Ah man, whatever it is will be good.


I want to make a BBQ compilation.

I've mixed and sent out 10 of the 39 sets. I go in order. At the rate I'm going I should be done in a couple weeks. Any of the bands that want to be on the 2015 BBQ comp should tell me which song from their set they want. Then we make a comp and put it on bandcamp for like 10 or 15 bucks and use the money for the next BBQ or give it to charity. Or whatever. I talked with at least half of the bands and everyone said they would be in.



Look at this fuckin' guy here. This is what everyone should aspire to be like, this fuckin' guy right here.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
User avatar
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 14384
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:20 pm
Location: Fortress Jimbotron

Re: PRF BBQ 2015. Lineup. Tickets.

Postby night_tools on Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:49 pm

Matt Engstrom. All round awesomest of dudes.
You're a shit MD and I want my pizza money back.
User avatar
night_tools
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5388
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:32 am
Location: Solar Island

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests