home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Fearsome and Mammoth ITALIAN MUSIC Thread

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Fearsome and Mammoth ITALIAN MUSIC Thread

Postby Madman Munt on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:41 pm

Isabelle Gall wrote:Salvatore Sciarrino.

Yeah!

“Introduction” is a term usually applied to a work that precedes, announces, or suggests another, sometimes of a contrasting character. This, however, is not the case with Introduzione all’oscuro, where the term refers to waiting or expectation.

In Introduzione all’oscuro, the imitation or transfer of some physiological sounds is obvious: an objectivisation of sorts, a silent dramatisation of heartbeat or breathing. Here, the music tends to invert the meaning of absence and presence, shifting them toward the “spectral”. What is announced is imperceptible; what remains is a blind, enigmatic movement of accelerating and decelerating periodic pulsation.

A few reminiscences of song appear (remnants of reality in that tense atmosphere), not only with the magic indifference of things that we well know but almost like limpid epiphanies.

Salvatore Sciarrino

Dunno about all that crap, but I do love this piece:

phpBB [media]
Madman Munt
amir vahedi
amir vahedi

Postby Bon Hoga on Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:59 am

andyman wrote:Oh wow, I saw her a couple of years ago in a pub in Florence. She has a tremendous voice and is a really nice person.

"Nice" is a bit of an understatement, she is a massive legend. I've no words for the show she put up last night. Mind = blown.
http://gudron.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/gudrontheband

big_dave wrote:If you want to be a racist, the best thing to do is be Eric Clapton.
Bon Hoga
black donald
black donald

Postby gaetano on Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Okay, time for more Fake Italian for my beautiful friends at the PRF.
The Italia, the country of the "bel canto", the beautiful singing, like Pavarotti, you know? So it's normal that in the pop songs of the 50's, the singers they sound like tenors, with the educated voice, polite voice, and they sing of amore, amore only amore all the time. Then the 60's come, and the society she transforms, and the singers too: here come the "urlatori", the screamers. They sing nice, but very loud, very loose, and they talk about love in a very sensual, sexual way, like Mina. Mina, she's the most famous of these singers. But these singers, they talk only about amore, always amore, always ti amo, ti amo, ti amo all the time.
But then the 70's come, and the hippies, they are all gone on the hills of Toscana, the Tuscany, to make their communes and the free love. The dream is over, and the crisis comes, and then the terrorism, and the country is in shock, and the people want the singers that sing the little life, the life of everyday, the beautiful details. Basta with universal love, hippie love, basta with the great themes of pace and amore, basta with "io ti amo, tu mi ami" nonsense; it's a difficult time, and the people, she has less money than in the 60's, and life is hard, no jobs.

The people of the 70's, she needs music that helps through life, someone who sings to the heart, not to the skin. The people, she needs a friend, maybe a friend with not beautfiul voice, not trained voice, maybe very frail voice, but he has to be a friend, to sing the lyrics that give you that nice, gentle speech that sometimes friends give you when you are in trouble. This friend, he doesn't sing about the solutions to your problems, he sings about himself, but you find that he aings also about you, you feel he knows how hard is the life.
This friend is called Lucio Battisti: his frail voice, his incredible music and the very beautiful and acute lyrics from his music partner Mogol, they change the Italia forever. He dominates the 70's, and he becomes, with Domenico Modugno and Fabrizio De Andrè, the most famous musician of Italia of the 20th century.

This song, she's called "Sì, viaggiare" (literally: "to travel, o yes!").
The song, she's about a guy that has a motorbike that breaks down on the motorway, so he's stuck, and he sings "my good friend who repairs motorbikes like a genius, he would know what to do" . He wants to cruise with the motorbike, he wants to travel, but he's stuck in that little moment, he's imprisoned on the motorway, and he can only dream about travelling. And then comes the chorus, and she hits you like a gentle breeze, like the wind when you are on the motorbike. Cruisin', oh yes!

This song, she's THE song of the car in Italy. You put this song on when you drive, and the travel, she becomes so nice, so smooth, just like the flat stones you throw in the lake for fun and they skip and skip and skip again!
The only bad thing about the song is the cheesy keyboard at the beginning, besides that, this is bellissima musica to me :)

Fake Italian does something to my mind, beacause now I have la pelle d'oca talking to my friends of the PRF. Vi voglio bene, amici!

phpBB [media]
gaetano
spoon bender
spoon bender

Postby duskyamp on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:41 pm

Ragazzi,

I am reminded by Lucio. I am Arturo. Arturo plays in band since 70s. We are called soft rock.
Should be very famous, but our lawyer, is not so good. Many hit songs, we have written, only to never have money. Songs for America, Little River Band, Player, Climax Blues Band, Looking Glass, Ambrosia, etc...

In these days we are constrained to touring because we are cheated of royalties and there is the class action paternity suit. Our amore is grande--our lawyer is not so good.

http://thewusses.com/

My friends, there are 9 members and Arturo is only member who does not sing. Maybe Arturo has not found right song, to write. My friends, who love the italian music, the music of the years 70--maybe you can suggest to Arturo, song from these years which can Arturo sing with amore, with grande simpatia. A song for Arturo? The music, she is a fig. She is very good fruit. What say you, friends?

Arturo
I design and build stuff for musicians at Dusky Electronics.
I play guitar in Woodvamp.
duskyamp
duke
duke

Postby gaetano on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:49 pm

duskyamp wrote:Ragazzi,

I am reminded by Lucio. I am Arturo. Arturo plays in band since 70s. We are called soft rock.
Should be very famous, but our lawyer, is not so good. Many hit songs, we have written, only to never have money. Songs for America, Little River Band, Player, Climax Blues Band, Looking Glass, Ambrosia, etc...

In these days we are constrained to touring because we are cheated of royalties and there is the class action paternity suit. Our amore is grande--our lawyer is not so good.

http://thewusses.com/

My friends, there are 9 members and Arturo is only member who does not sing. Maybe Arturo has not found right song, to write. My friends, who love the italian music, the music of the years 70--maybe you can suggest to Arturo, song from these years which can Arturo sing with amore, with grande simpatia. A song for Arturo? The music, she is a fig. She is very good fruit. What say you, friends?

Arturo

Hey Arturo, I know a very good lawyer here, he is mio fratello Daniele. You need anything you just call, capisci? No problem! :)

This is Rino Gaetano, he's called like me, haha! But he has family name Gaetano, I am called Gaetano the first name. This song she's so nice, so 70's italia, so much disillusion everywhere, but then you look at the sky, and the sky, he gets bluer and bluer. I think she's song to play with band with tanti amici, all together, everybody sing loud!
Now I don't post for a while: this thread, she has so much italian bands I don't know: so much to listen, to learn! Baci, amici, grazie!
phpBB [media]
gaetano
spoon bender
spoon bender

Postby Major on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:58 am

gaetano wrote:This friend is called Lucio Battisti

This thread, she make a circle, si?

Major wrote:The Franco Battiato C/NC thread reminded me of one I’ve wanted to post for a while.

I’ve become more and more interested in Italian artists over the past few years. A few favorites below. Please recommend others.

Lucio Battisti

phpBB [media]

Is okay! Battisti was first in thread because you see he is first in cuore mio! Anima Latina! Amore E Non Amore! La Batteria, Il Controbasso, Eccetera! Don Giovanni! All so great.

Since in this situation we make circles, I will say to you that I have found this song because of this thread, and I listen to it many times. Bellissima.

phpBB [media]
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby gaetano on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:25 am

The circle! I not notice the circle! Scusa! Scusa, sorry! I am very square, oh, so bad.
gaetano
spoon bender
spoon bender

Postby duskyamp on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:24 pm

Have we mentioned Domenico Domugno? This is the best song about love between swordfish ever written.

phpBB [media]
I design and build stuff for musicians at Dusky Electronics.
I play guitar in Woodvamp.
duskyamp
duke
duke

Previous

Return to General Discussion