home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

Postby JamesForest on Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:07 am

gonzochicago wrote:
JamesForest wrote:I mined some amount of bitcoins and want to convert it in fiat money. My friend said that VirWox quite good exchange and Coinmama not bad. But i've found these bunch of topics https://bitcoinbestbuy.com/exchanges/ and can't choose now. There are so many! Could you help me, please? :|


Coinmama...? Can you sell to fiat on that? (You say "exchange", but to be clear, you want to convert it into a local currency?)

I assume you can't use Coinbase... I don't know much about the other ways because I'm a filthy American, but perhaps someone else will chime in.

How about Local Bitcoins?


I made it with Kraken. It was smooth enough :)
JamesForest
jock
jock
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:28 am
Location: USA

Re: The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

Postby JamesForest on Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:09 am

prd wrote:Bitfinex, Coinbase, Livecoin, Kraken are good for BTC to USD/Euro conversion.

If you don't mind the kiwi dollars, try Cryptopia.

Or find an ATM that supports the BTC to cash conversion.


I have chosen Kraken. I liked their conditions. Thanks for good advice. :smt023
JamesForest
jock
jock
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:28 am
Location: USA

Re: The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

Postby prd on Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:09 am

Glad you worked it out. Don't be afraid of using the ATMs though; they're fine:

https://coinatmradar.com/
prd
lardner
lardner
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

Postby gonzochicago on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:01 am

Fuck it, I'm back in. I gripped bottom two days before the pump from $6,400 -> $7,700 and sold the top at around 25% gain across the board. Now they've all cycled back to where they were, and I've got some wiggle room for zero-fucks loss, so I picked up:

AION
UUU
QASH (re-brand soon to Liquid + exchange launch)
Chainlink
HOLO
Tomochain

This is a focus on projects that have still have rampant / solid development underway, and are spread across multiple market-caps. Almost all of these have gone through full market cycles.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say for much of the alt-coin market, this is our "point of maximum financial gain" in the buying cycle. I can wait. To go any lower would mean total destruction of much of the alt market. My vote is that this will not happen.

Something's brewing. The alt markets bled as Bitcoin stayed stable. Many think that means we're about to see serious movement on Bitcoin. However, as of right now, I just don't have the time to sit and watch like I used to, so I am heading back into alt-coins and just living my life.

There's an ETF decision on the way in August / September.

If Bitcoin dips back to $6K, all alts will be hosed, but most of these are dead-even with, or slightly below ICO price after one (or more) full market cycles. This is why I am calling the through-point for maximum financial gain, if you keep your fingers off they keyboard for a while.

As always, time will tell.
I've not one to sweat 25% swings, and this is still all house money. Wait, isn't this what I always wanted back in September? Holy shit.

Bring it on. :twisted:
gonzochicago
alexander alekhine
alexander alekhine
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:16 pm

Re: The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

Postby gonzochicago on Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:18 am

Holochain hitting Binance tomorrow. Nobody expected this. It's my largest holding, almost uncomfortably so. As everything stayed stagnant, it crept up 20%....40%....the last few days. At that point, it was clear something was about to happen, but I didn't think it would be this.

Where do these shitheads get this information, and how to I join? :lol:

I'm up 100% now, nearly a full day before the listing. Historically, Binance listings mean a 200-300% increase from where they stand. Sometimes more. Then, it dumps back down to previous levels. Because I never expected such returns, I will follow the past, and sell 75% of this immediately upon the trading opening. If the dump indeed begins, all of it will go. If it keeps going, well, that's even better, but I have learned some hard lessons. Then, I wait and see what Bitcoin does. Ironically I get on a 14 hour flight hours after this lists. That should keep my fingers off the keyboard.

I'm either very lucky, or really do have good intuition after this last round of things.

Cheers.
gonzochicago
alexander alekhine
alexander alekhine
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:16 pm

Re: The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

Postby gonzochicago on Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Sold Holo for 110% into BTC. BTC jumped 8% up above $8,000.

All other holdings sitting tight. Sell targets : half stacks at 80%.

If we go down, now I have the BTC for cost-averaging, which I will tether at 0% gain/loss. I almost....want...it to? :twisted:

Looking at : Switcheo. Exchange token below ICO price now. Upcoming Stellar DEX token might make this boom.

Up or Down votes? :twisted:
gonzochicago
alexander alekhine
alexander alekhine
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:16 pm

Re: The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

Postby Gramsci on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:08 am

I found a lost episode of Silicon Valley

https://www.theguardian.com/changingmed ... SApp_Other
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
User avatar
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer
 
Posts: 10388
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:43 am
Location: The People's Republic

Re: The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

Postby kokorodoko on Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:19 am

Bloody hell. It's precisely the kind of attitude that I saw in Eric Schmidt that convinced me he was the antichrist.

What is so chilling about this is that they are driven by a desire to "help" and "do good" - they really mean it. And they will plow through their vision in complete indifference to what anyone else has to say. Pure megalomania.

Just look at that guy speaking to the locals. "I just offered you a farm". Like who do you think you are exactly? You think you are some demigod because you earned some money? These people are some place else entirely. No contact with this world, none whatsoever.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, it truly is so. One almost gets nostalgic for the old callous Wall Street fatcat when faced with this monstrosity. Absolutely ghastly.

Please let this shit crash and burn. These people need to go bankrupt, they need to be pulverized. For their own sanity.
Janeway wrote:those cat-food-for-lunch-deserving motherfuckers 8)
User avatar
kokorodoko
jose raul capablanca
jose raul capablanca
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:46 pm
Location: The Ultra Zone

Re: The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

Postby warmowski on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:26 am

What is so chilling about this is that they are driven by a desire to "help" and "do good" - they really mean it. And they will plow through their vision in complete indifference to what anyone else has to say. Pure megalomania.


These enhatted bros have no particular reason to listen to anybody because when they've been told "no" on matters of technology or market analysis, it's turned out they were profitably correct after all and the corporate management or traditional finance industry culture has been wrong. While this has less to say about their merit and more to say about the garden variety institutional doltishness that festers in entrenched industries, it is nonetheless the case, and will always be the source of the pinwheel-eyed messiah complex they put on display in this video.

Of course, their premises are laughable:

A single one of those box solar units pictured produces a peak 2.5 killowatt hours per day. That's about 10% of what a single average US household uses in a day. As such, one idea promoted by the video -- that these boxes might power a devastated Puerto Rico -- is nothing but snake oil.

Add to that another idea implicit in the video -- that these boxes could meaningfully power BTC transactions. Now the joke becomes even funnier. A single BTC transaction uses on average hundreds of kilowatt hours.

Fact: It's gonna take way, way more than creepy bros looking for special tax havens + early mobile solar technology to pull Puerto Rico back from the 19th century.

-r
User avatar
warmowski
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Chicago

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Nico Adie and 6 guests