home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

Postby prd on Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:09 am

Glad you worked it out. Don't be afraid of using the ATMs though; they're fine:

https://coinatmradar.com/
prd

Postby gonzochicago on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:01 am

Fuck it, I'm back in. I gripped bottom two days before the pump from $6,400 -> $7,700 and sold the top at around 25% gain across the board. Now they've all cycled back to where they were, and I've got some wiggle room for zero-fucks loss, so I picked up:

AION
UUU
QASH (re-brand soon to Liquid + exchange launch)
Chainlink
HOLO
Tomochain

This is a focus on projects that have still have rampant / solid development underway, and are spread across multiple market-caps. Almost all of these have gone through full market cycles.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say for much of the alt-coin market, this is our "point of maximum financial gain" in the buying cycle. I can wait. To go any lower would mean total destruction of much of the alt market. My vote is that this will not happen.

Something's brewing. The alt markets bled as Bitcoin stayed stable. Many think that means we're about to see serious movement on Bitcoin. However, as of right now, I just don't have the time to sit and watch like I used to, so I am heading back into alt-coins and just living my life.

There's an ETF decision on the way in August / September.

If Bitcoin dips back to $6K, all alts will be hosed, but most of these are dead-even with, or slightly below ICO price after one (or more) full market cycles. This is why I am calling the through-point for maximum financial gain, if you keep your fingers off they keyboard for a while.

As always, time will tell.
I've not one to sweat 25% swings, and this is still all house money. Wait, isn't this what I always wanted back in September? Holy shit.

Bring it on. :twisted:
gonzochicago
chapman stick
chapman stick

Postby gonzochicago on Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:18 am

Holochain hitting Binance tomorrow. Nobody expected this. It's my largest holding, almost uncomfortably so. As everything stayed stagnant, it crept up 20%....40%....the last few days. At that point, it was clear something was about to happen, but I didn't think it would be this.

Where do these shitheads get this information, and how to I join? :lol:

I'm up 100% now, nearly a full day before the listing. Historically, Binance listings mean a 200-300% increase from where they stand. Sometimes more. Then, it dumps back down to previous levels. Because I never expected such returns, I will follow the past, and sell 75% of this immediately upon the trading opening. If the dump indeed begins, all of it will go. If it keeps going, well, that's even better, but I have learned some hard lessons. Then, I wait and see what Bitcoin does. Ironically I get on a 14 hour flight hours after this lists. That should keep my fingers off the keyboard.

I'm either very lucky, or really do have good intuition after this last round of things.

Cheers.
gonzochicago
chapman stick
chapman stick

Postby gonzochicago on Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Sold Holo for 110% into BTC. BTC jumped 8% up above $8,000.

All other holdings sitting tight. Sell targets : half stacks at 80%.

If we go down, now I have the BTC for cost-averaging, which I will tether at 0% gain/loss. I almost....want...it to? :twisted:

Looking at : Switcheo. Exchange token below ICO price now. Upcoming Stellar DEX token might make this boom.

Up or Down votes? :twisted:
gonzochicago
chapman stick
chapman stick

Postby Gramsci on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:08 am

I found a lost episode of Silicon Valley

https://www.theguardian.com/changingmed ... SApp_Other
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby kokorodoko on Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:19 am

Bloody hell. It's precisely the kind of attitude that I saw in Eric Schmidt that convinced me he was the antichrist.

What is so chilling about this is that they are driven by a desire to "help" and "do good" - they really mean it. And they will plow through their vision in complete indifference to what anyone else has to say. Pure megalomania.

Just look at that guy speaking to the locals. "I just offered you a farm". Like who do you think you are exactly? You think you are some demigod because you earned some money? These people are some place else entirely. No contact with this world, none whatsoever.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, it truly is so. One almost gets nostalgic for the old callous Wall Street fatcat when faced with this monstrosity. Absolutely ghastly.

Please let this shit crash and burn. These people need to go bankrupt, they need to be pulverized. For their own sanity.
Boombats wrote:I keep thinking of smarter shit to say about him [Jordan Peterson], but my gut reaction is "this nigga gay"
kokorodoko
marmoset
marmoset

Postby warmowski on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:26 am

What is so chilling about this is that they are driven by a desire to "help" and "do good" - they really mean it. And they will plow through their vision in complete indifference to what anyone else has to say. Pure megalomania.

These enhatted bros have no particular reason to listen to anybody because when they've been told "no" on matters of technology or market analysis, it's turned out they were profitably correct after all and the corporate management or traditional finance industry culture has been wrong. While this has less to say about their merit and more to say about the garden variety institutional doltishness that festers in entrenched industries, it is nonetheless the case, and will always be the source of the pinwheel-eyed messiah complex they put on display in this video.

Of course, their premises are laughable:

A single one of those box solar units pictured produces a peak 2.5 killowatt hours per day. That's about 10% of what a single average US household uses in a day. As such, one idea promoted by the video -- that these boxes might power a devastated Puerto Rico -- is nothing but snake oil.

Add to that another idea implicit in the video -- that these boxes could meaningfully power BTC transactions. Now the joke becomes even funnier. A single BTC transaction uses on average hundreds of kilowatt hours.

Fact: It's gonna take way, way more than creepy bros looking for special tax havens + early mobile solar technology to pull Puerto Rico back from the 19th century.

-r
warmowski
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby gonzochicago on Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:03 am

Sup nerds.

So, after selling the Holochain top, I told myself if it fell back to 05 that I'd re-buy. I didn't, and it rose 200% form the peak. Fuck! Stuck in the middle now, but 10 seems to be a hard floor.
Welp....whatever.

Put bits of gains back in the market, lost 40%, on what, in hindsight, was an obvious dip back down from $8K. OUCH. Ha! Win some lose some.

Bought some REAL early shit on Tradeogre. A new privacy coin called Nerva. Sold at 125%. ACM. Sold at 200%. This made up for the previous drops, which is nice.

RIPPLE WENT UP 80% YESTERDAY. Shit is starting to moon violently and at random.

We might be back....unless the illusive $5800 floor gets broken...then ALL HELL breaks loose.

Now, I'm back to dicking around with more than I should probably have in the market, BUT....I've found something very, very interesting. At the least, it's fun, and that's about all we can ask for these days.

Here's a thing :

-----------------------

Ethergem
https://egem.io/
Circ. Supply : 10M
Total Supply : 40M
Marketcap : 250,000
Excgh : Graviex
Discord : https://discord.gg/KEbHVjW

Old heads should love this, and get on board. EtherGem, "EGEM," is first and foremost, a pure community coin with no pre-mine. That said, I have not been this excited about a project for years, and have no idea how this fell under my radar. I have already set up a Tier 2 Quarry node, will set up a miner, and will be holding to the next halvening. Killer Discord. A DEX coming for created coins, and a 2:1 swap for “Sapphire” , the teams first integrated side-chain. “Opal” light wallet. Great community, at the ground floor of a project. New node tiers will come that should increase node holders, and reward early adoption and growth. Someone bought $75,000 of this at market recently, clearing the order books, and it fell right back down to a slightly higher floor.

This is for those who remember that things used to be fun. This is not intended to be an immediate moon mission, but if the community continues to grow, exponential growth is possible. Especially if this DEX and new coins continue to be created. It seems like a lot of tech heads dig this, so it should get very interesting. This is /ourcoin/. Poke your miners to EGEM. Buy and run a node. Spread the word. It's going to be a fun few years.

I will be making several "General" threads on 4chan, biz, weekly, for a very long time. Some are already on board. Some are not.

This is a comfy call already, at +50%. I'm posting this here for memories sake, but :

CONSIDER THE RISKS IF ANYONE LURKS THIS AND ARE THINKING ABOUT GETTING IN NOW

Sorry I didn't post this here first. Does anyone even read this thread anymore? :lol:

This one is definitely one to consider, hold , support, and watch grow.

------------------------

I still think Chainlink and REQ (especially REQ) are unbeatable buys right now.

Alright, that's it for now.

Cheers.
gonzochicago
chapman stick
chapman stick

Postby bumble on Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:38 pm

Yeah.

My colleague paid off 25% of his student loans with cryptocurrency. That was like catnip to me.

I put in $750 a year ago, and it's worth $285 now.

Meh.
bumble
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby gonzochicago on Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:19 am

bumble wrote:Yeah.

My colleague paid off 25% of his student loans with cryptocurrency. That was like catnip to me.

Meh.

Good time to dollar-cost-average, depending on what you put it in. Seriously.

What did you put it in?
gonzochicago
chapman stick
chapman stick

Postby bumble on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:52 am

gonzochicago wrote:

Meh.

What did you put it in?

Dollar cost average means putting in like $100 or so every month?

I'm not motivated to put more money into something that's so unstable. I was just planning on leaving the money already in. Maybe make a dent in the student loans if crypto bounces back someday, but not going any further in.
bumble

Postby gonzochicago on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:04 am

bumble wrote:
gonzochicago wrote:

Meh.

What did you put it in?

Dollar cost average means putting in like $100 or so every month?

I'm not motivated to put more money into something that's so unstable. I was just planning on leaving the money already in. Maybe make a dent in the student loans if crypto bounces back someday, but not going any further in.

If you're that far down, I'd consider to buy the same amount of what you had at $750, for $250. I would, personally, depending on what it is. I'd say a dozen or so solid projects have passed their accumulation zone bottom now, and are 100-200% up from where they were just weeks ago. PM me if you want. Cheers.
gonzochicago
chapman stick
chapman stick

Postby gonzochicago on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:40 am

Found a thing called Snowblossom. Same mining schedule as BTC. No GUI wallet, which means ground floor. Was barely 1M market-cap (now 2.8M) Posted about it on 4chan. Got called an Indian. Everyone ignored me. It now has $250,000 volume (So, up 25,000% from when I posted about it) on an unknown exchange and has gone up 400% without being on the radar at all. I suspect accumulaters already in the know were pissed their sideways action had come to an end. This is a SHITLOAD of money, either way. Mostly buys.

No twitter shills. No Youtube assholes. No Coinmarketcap. No articles. Nobody is talking about it, which is weird as fuck. That doesn't happen. Unironically more of a contender for "The Next _____"

People are so, so triggered now. Trended on 4chan. See : https://boards.4chan.org/biz/thread/11631749

If anyone still reads this, you should look into this:

https://wiki.snowblossom.org/index.php/Main_Page

https://qtrade.io/market/SNOW_BTC
gonzochicago
chapman stick
chapman stick

Postby gonzochicago on Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:36 am

BTC hopped from $3,200 -> $4,100 in a week. Solid. I still don't trust we have our bottom, but I'm jumping in and out of positions for 10-20% with stop-losses set. The dump from $6,000 may have very well been mass manipulation from the Bitcoin Cash forks, which are both 200% up this week.

Re-bought AION at 15 cents. Sold Zilliqa at 25% and re-bought today.

If we hold $3,700, it should be a very interesting January.

Slowly re-entering Snowblossom after taking profit at 300%.

Got 2 Republic Protocol darknodes, one for my brother. Very interesting OTC darkpool ROI possibilities. If anyone reads this, have a read :

https://medium.com/blocktown/republic-protocol-analysis-and-valuation-e73fab4c32fc
gonzochicago
chapman stick
chapman stick

Postby gonzochicago on Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:20 am

Bought and sold three times the last 2 weeks. Still pissed I missed the goddamn $85 ETH bottom. 80% bounce up in 3 days. Madness. Bought the same stack again last night, wussied out and sold for a few %, and woke up to everything 20% up. Meh. Just wasn't worth the risk. Never buy in the middle.

I'm gonna get burned hard if I keep this up. Getting out completely until the dust settles, or we hit $3K resistance again, in which I'll enter very shortly for (hopefully) a quick bounce. If we head there again and it doesn't bounce heavily off $3K, we're in for some serious shit, my friends.

Capitulation is real.

Speaking of that, FINALLY re-entering the Snowblossom capitulation below my second entry point. Insane. Nobody is selling. Met a BTC millionaire in Guangzhou this summer, and he shut off his mining rigs. I'm trying to convince him to mine Snowblossom and let me handle the sales, giving him %'s. Still very early. I've gone dark and shut up about it until I've re-accumulated.

As always, this should be fun to look back in next year. I'm decided to continue updating this even though nobody gives a shit, until 2021. I need to make more money and get it on the sidelines to be ready. Shitcoin flipping is still good, but FIAT preservation is key as uncertainty looms.

I still think $1-2K might be our real bottom this time.

Time will tell.
gonzochicago
chapman stick
chapman stick

Postby prowler on Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:59 pm

keep posting, these are fun to follow :)

what i ended up with from this whole story is an interest in markets and TA. for now i'm flipping minuscule amounts of BTC and backtesting, one day when i have some available time and capital i'll probably move to forex.
prowler
took picture of naked guy
took picture of naked guy

Previous

Return to General Discussion