home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Bohren & Der Club Of Gore

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Bohren & Der Club Of Gore

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:50 am

el capitan danjou wrote:If you've not heard them, they are probably best described as slow, gentle and very, very tense. Makes me think of David Lynch films.

This sounds like it’s right up my alley! Will report back.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllll
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby Me Again on Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Listened to this group for the first time several days ago. Dig the music, and plan to pick up some of it at some point.

Bohren & Der Club Of Gore's sound is somewhat derivative in that it has a lot in common with what gets played during the more brooding, pensive passages of a late night crime movie. Like when the hero detective has lost his badge and the good graces of his love interest and he's got a date with a bottle of whiskey at his run down beach house, that's the kind of sound laid out here. The sort of low-key jazz compositions in Le Circle Rouge could also be a forebear.

I enjoy listening to these kind of sounds even when I'm not especially lonely or depressed. Nothing wrong with art that mostly conjures up a mood and runs with it.
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
tommy vercetti
tommy vercetti

Postby milkmeat on Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:10 pm

I enjoy this band immensely. While I understand the criticism that they have a very specific thing that they do, I find that it works for me. Hell, I found them by typing 'noir jazz' into Searchbot.
milkmeat
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim

Previous

Return to General Discussion