home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Little details from your day

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: Little details from your day

Postby Andrew. on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:50 am

Grabbed a coffee a couple blocks from my apartment while running errands today. New place. Hadn't been there before. Street level of a downtown condo complex. Counter server was a gender-queer looking Indigenous person. Died hair, baggy clothes. Poverty rate for Indigenous people in this city is 40%. More than 80% of inmates in the province are Indigenous even though statistically Indigenous people are less than 15% of the population.

After I sat down at the window with my americano a couple people came in and started talking to the server. One of them was wearing an Edmonton Oilers jersey for some reason. The server said they were applying for a job in a mine in northern BC. Said they thought it might kill them but it was good money.
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby hayate on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:15 am

seattles got a new high rise downtown. i walked right by it multiple times on different days and didnt even notice the new freaking monolith they intalled next to the church. ‘but it was jus dirt like five days... err years ago!’ i says ‘what do they want with another spaceship anyhow’ i says.

has it really been that long? weeerd
Neofascism will be the ultimate expression of libertarian social liberalism, of the unit which starts in May 68. Its specificity holds in this formula: All is allowed, but nothing is possible. -M.C.
hayate
puggy pearson
puggy pearson

Postby Janeway on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:09 am

so now both my parents are in the hospital. did they eat the same high cholesterol fish or something? blood pressures boiling too high, hard to raise a badass, hard out here for a pimp
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby Janeway on Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:08 pm

they’re just trying to copy me from being in the hospital sick last week. um, not cool guys, stop copying me parents
Janeway

Postby Facundo on Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:18 pm

Today I bought "The Art of Loving" by Erich Fromm book that someone dared to move from the self-help section to the esotericism section. It's the second book about love i own, after Ars Amatoria by Ovidio and it's intended to be the last. I disliked Ars Amatoria and his shaggy, vulgar and fervid assertions, but I want to like Fromm book.

The approach to the self-help section worries me. Now I feel twice as fat, twice as crazy and so fucking old...
La Gaseosa de Subida / The Soda of Your Life
Facundo
david hockney
david hockney

Postby kokorodoko on Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:18 pm

Went to a Taiji class and I feel like a million dollars. Would be awesome if I can continue because I've been dying to take up martial arts again but have been cautious against any form of training because of bad knees and other things.
Since Taiji is slower I thought I'd give it a shot. That said, it's much tougher than you'd think from watching.
Janeway wrote:those cat-food-for-lunch-deserving motherfuckers 8)
kokorodoko
jose raul capablanca
jose raul capablanca

Postby Maurice on Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:28 pm

Janeway wrote:so now both my parents are in the hospital. did they eat the same high cholesterol fish or something? blood pressures boiling too high, hard to raise a badass, hard out here for a pimp

Oh jeez. Best wishes to you all, Janeway, and I hope it works out well for everybody.
music every week | here, too | and here | snwv | other stuff

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I ask you: What the fuck?
Maurice
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Janeway on Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:35 pm

^thanks

i’ve finally been fucked over enough that i’m just done with the internet. ill see you fine people at shows and prob the prf bbqs. be good you guys 8)
Janeway

Postby Facundo on Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:49 pm

^ I don't believe in a world in where there are no more new posts of that awesome Janeway lollipop eyed grl.

The hospital food is dodgy, but as long as one can eat, better fed than food. In extension, if you want to fuck internet instead of being fucked by internet, you could.

Enjoy the slience and eye rest.
La Gaseosa de Subida / The Soda of Your Life
Facundo
david hockney
david hockney

Postby Janeway on Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:44 pm

yeah i already can’t live without the internet. sorry the internet. you guys, i think i blamed the internet for what hard times I’ve been havin at home but you know what? pepe’s garnachas and mango margs make everything just like, better again :)
Janeway

Postby hayate on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:21 pm

Facundo wrote:Today I bought "The Art of Loving" by Erich Fromm book that someone dared to move from the self-help section to the esotericism section. It's the second book about love i own, after Ars Amatoria by Ovidio and it's intended to be the last. I disliked Ars Amatoria and his shaggy, vulgar and fervid assertions, but I want to like Fromm book.

The approach to the self-help section worries me. Now I feel twice as fat, twice as crazy and so fucking old...

I found Erich Fromm by the selected Marx writings he published, when I was first dipping into the dialectical materialism thing some ten years ago. Then found a criticism of christianity titled ".And You Shall Be As Gods", which I never finished but found relatively enjoyable, knowing him from the dialectics angle...
Then some years later I read this book "Never Promised You A Rose Garden", written by an ex-schizophrenic that recounts the story of her recovery. Her doctor happened to be Frieda Fromm, Erich Fromms wife...

Did you know Erich Fromm was schizophrenic himself?

.. I should really look that book up. How to love? I could use a little coaching in the subject.
Neofascism will be the ultimate expression of libertarian social liberalism, of the unit which starts in May 68. Its specificity holds in this formula: All is allowed, but nothing is possible. -M.C.
hayate
puggy pearson
puggy pearson

Postby Janeway on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:44 pm

i grew up with all these women gone nuts books in our family library, “i never promised you a rose garden” “sybil” “the bell jar” etc and i’m like, are my folks aiming at something here? they’re right next to “what to expect when you’re expecting”...

my parents are out of the hospital, one needed blood pressure meds adjusted the other was just a panic hoe, but now my grandpa died. he’s the tough s.o.b. who had open heart surgery a year ago and just walked out of the hospital after and walked a mile home in michigan winter, scared the crap out of my john cusak bff in high school by asking what his association was to me as he killed a bee that was flying around with his bare fingers while dressed up in his old money suit and always smelled like deep cologne and cigars and let me drive the lincoln to get the pizzas and it was like floating on a dream it was such a smooth ride.

thanks for the rich family christmases that made me feel like shirley temple tap dancing up all the stairs and sliding the banister and awe at the giant tree every year from some michigan forest.

im gonna miss the man. sleep in heavenly peace papa :smt006

phpBB [media]
Janeway

Postby Janeway on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:08 pm

you guys he just squeezed the bee and threw it into the garbage can and waited for my friend to respond but my friend was like "i gtg" haha and told me later since we were just friends it wasnt worth the undeserved intimidation and i called him a wuss and said he couldve learned a few things if he stuck around.

i wish i had one more christmas with him if i couldve known. and now how do i truly respect the mans life with a proper tribute? i cant go squeeze a bee...
Janeway

Postby Janeway on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:24 pm

decided to get a nice steak with a pat of butter on top and i got pulled over for missing the stop sign but the cop agreed it was pitch black and invisible but still scolded me for rolling the stop sign after that and having extremely expired insurance and being on my cell phone mid conversation.

he let me off with a warning. i think my fancy funeral clothes are what cinched it. so lemons meet lemonade and now some 15 yr aged glen livet that tastes like whiskey maple syrup so smooth.
Janeway

Postby travis k on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:46 am

Was stumped psychologically about a small aspect of painting.(in general) for a year. Something small but crucial. Like a small clog. Cleaned out that clog.
travis k
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim

Postby Janeway on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:27 am

how to love =

lusting is selifsh, loving is all the same but with a committment thats the psych department definition of love, the feeling but you have to give of yourself to make it love, otherwise you jut selifshly lust someone.

simple
Janeway

Postby Janeway on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:35 am

went to this really nice pub for the maple syrupiest 12 year glen livet they had and gave my grandad a proper toast and struck up a ocnversation with this group of guys just off of work, buncha apple geniuses all married all wanted my number and i luaghed at the one single guy for not getting that we could be playing videogames, i had to exlicitly say "no sex just videogames okay" but maybe thats why he wasnt interested, i dont think folks want to meet someone to play videogames with but the guys ribbed him smething awful and the leader was like hha "youre fired. right now in this bar, i fired you" and i said "dont do that" and they laughed but then i turned to the almost fired guy who was intimidated by my $300 black diamond dress and said to his eyes "some genius!" haha an then the guy said again "see hes fired, he obviously not a genius" and i acceptd the compliments and gtfo and played videogames with the safety of strangers just on the headset.

why ever venture out of the house for anything? good stories i guess...
Janeway

Postby Janeway on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:33 am

i actually used the words "mamby pamby"

where did i pick that up?
Janeway

Postby El Protoolio on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:29 am

Even though I have had it on my shelf for 19 years, it was just yesterday that I read the liner notes and realized Elliot Dicks is credited and pictured on the inside sleeve of Joan of Arc’s “Live in Chicago, 1999”.

Salut! Fitty Cent Dicks!
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby motorbike guy on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:20 pm

this may belong in the Fall thread, but whatever.

Since last wednesday, I have listened to virtually nothing but The Fall. I set my ipod in my car to shuffle all Fall songs (of which I own many), and almost every time I turn on WPRB I find myself smack in the middle of an all-Fall set. Not just Mr. Solomon's show either.

and here's the thing - with a few minor exceptions, virtually every song is fucking good. some are great, some albums as a whole are great, but I have been hearing Fall songs that I have not heard for 20 years, some I have never heard, or I don't ever remember hearing. My ipod, in its infinite wisdom, cued up Jingle Bell Rock, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, and Strychnine back to back to back. I don't recall ever hearing those before, or in fact owning them. and they are all wonderful and charming and fun.

I am also in awe of the quality of the LPs after the mid-90s when I sort of stopped paying attention. Yes, some of the more recent ones reveal a vocalist with drastically limited abilities compared to the prior stuff, but most of the songs are still listenable and cool.

Salut, MES, the world (well, I at least) did not appreciate the breadth of your work until it was too late.
Robert Ohlmstead wrote:Our warlike impulses and warlike pride are dangerously coupled with our insufferable vanity, our permanent immaturity, our lives of fear and pleasure.
motorbike guy
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion