home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

what're you buyin', what's on its way?

All your geeky questions about electronics, microphones, tape machines, etc.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby Tommy on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:19 pm

Foxrox Octron 3.

I've wanted the original version for years but never saw one at a price I wanted to pay. I had a Mu-Tron Octave Divider 15+ years ago and loved the thing. Its size was totally impractical and I sold it for a ton of money. I especially liked the green ringer driving a distortion pedal with a tiny bit of lower octave thrown in. Hoping this thing scratches that itch.

This is the only black Friday purchase I made - 20% off and free shipping. Still about $29 more than I always wanted to pay. Whatever.
User avatar
Tommy
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5481
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:30 pm
Location: Logan Square, Chicago, IL

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby savineis on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:44 pm

Image
savineis
convert
convert
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:18 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby Angus Jung on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:39 pm

Tommy wrote:Foxrox Octron 3.

I've wanted the original version for years but never saw one at a price I wanted to pay. I had a Mu-Tron Octave Divider 15+ years ago and loved the thing. Its size was totally impractical and I sold it for a ton of money. I especially liked the green ringer driving a distortion pedal with a tiny bit of lower octave thrown in. Hoping this thing scratches that itch.

This is the only black Friday purchase I made - 20% off and free shipping. Still about $29 more than I always wanted to pay. Whatever.

I love mine.
Angus Jung
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:04 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby jtyler on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:16 am

That's a beautiful EGC, savineis. I love the Standard body shape. You must be thrilled!
jtyler
pod
pod
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:48 am

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby garthplinko on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:18 pm

MXR Deluxe Bass Chorus - the Boss one just ain't cutting it so trying something else.

Mooer LoFi
User avatar
garthplinko
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
 
Posts: 3587
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: South Bend, Indiana

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby Riff Magnum on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:36 pm

savineis wrote:Image



Is that Bean body and pickups with an EGC neck? What's going on here?
User avatar
Riff Magnum
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
 
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:58 am
Location: Fort Worthless

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby tallchris on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:40 pm

Riff Magnum wrote:
savineis wrote:Image



Is that Bean body and pickups with an EGC neck? What's going on here?


EGC1000 with Bean pickups. Kevin posted it on Instagram, Steve snapped it up.
Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
User avatar
tallchris
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8494
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 7:50 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby Riff Magnum on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:44 pm

That's legit. So much for them putting stuff up on their Reverb shop first i guess?
User avatar
Riff Magnum
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
 
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:58 am
Location: Fort Worthless


Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:59 pm

Riff Magnum wrote:That's legit. So much for them putting stuff up on their Reverb shop first i guess?


I got mine from one of EGC’s Facebook post!
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
User avatar
llllllllllllllllllllllll
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5311
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Texas

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby tallchris on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:17 pm

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:
Riff Magnum wrote:That's legit. So much for them putting stuff up on their Reverb shop first i guess?


I got mine from one of EGC’s Facebook post!


Actually this one went on Reverb same time that it was posted to Instagram.

For real though, follow them on Instagram if you want to get deets on this stuff before it goes to Reverb.
Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
User avatar
tallchris
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8494
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 7:50 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby Tommy on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:46 pm

Boombats wrote:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/tc-electronic-3rd-dimension-chorus-effects-pedal/k47847000000000?_requestid=882243

Image

psyched


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZs63IUgTw0


Is this a Dimension C clone? Like the Behringer was but in a sturdier package with true bypass?
User avatar
Tommy
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5481
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:30 pm
Location: Logan Square, Chicago, IL

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby JohnnySomersett on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:00 pm

tallchris wrote:
Riff Magnum wrote:
savineis wrote:Image



Is that Bean body and pickups with an EGC neck? What's going on here?


EGC1000 with Bean pickups. Kevin posted it on Instagram, Steve snapped it up.


I couldn't pick up something that shiny. I'd fuck it completley in about 4.7 seconds
ERawk wrote:I'd rather have a hystorectomy, you fuckstick piece of shit.

My Band https://mopernoise.bandcamp.com/releases
High Fives Save Lives
User avatar
JohnnySomersett
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:13 am
Location: UK

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby Boombats on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:56 pm

Tommy wrote:
Boombats wrote:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/tc-electronic-3rd-dimension-chorus-effects-pedal/k47847000000000?_requestid=882243

Image

psyched


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZs63IUgTw0


Is this a Dimension C clone? Like the Behringer was but in a sturdier package with true bypass?

Yep! I don't know anything about the circuitry, but in function at least it seems to be the same. And I dunno about the Behringer, but this is analog.
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19855
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby kerble on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:14 pm

Hagstrom Super Swede bass. Been eyeing one for years. Natural mahogany body. Shows up in a few days. Can not wait. It's not a northern, but it's basically this one:
Image
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
User avatar
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 18763
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Heartbreaker.

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby Major on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:49 am

Boombats wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Boombats wrote:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/tc-electronic-3rd-dimension-chorus-effects-pedal/k47847000000000?_requestid=882243

Image

psyched


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZs63IUgTw0


Is this a Dimension C clone? Like the Behringer was but in a sturdier package with true bypass?

Yep! I don't know anything about the circuitry, but in function at least it seems to be the same. And I dunno about the Behringer, but this is analog.


Shit's cheap, too! I think I will buy one.
User avatar
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6528
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:19 am
Location: 29.7604° N, 95.3698° W

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby endofanera on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:57 am

kerble wrote:Hagstrom Super Swede bass. Been eyeing one for years. Natural mahogany body. Shows up in a few days. Can not wait. It's not a northern, but it's basically this one:
Image

Damn hell yes.
"You get a kink in your neck looking up at people or down at people. But when you look straight across, there's no kinks."
--Mike Watt
User avatar
endofanera
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5028
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 2:57 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby kerble on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:15 pm

endofanera wrote:
kerble wrote:Hagstrom Super Swede bass. Been eyeing one for years. Natural mahogany body. Shows up in a few days. Can not wait. It's not a northern, but it's basically this one:
Image

Damn hell yes.


[plays "Dancing Queen" forever]
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
User avatar
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 18763
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Heartbreaker.

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby Anthony Flack on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:06 pm

Boombats wrote:psyched


I've got an original Dimension C here, never found a good use for it but it does sound nice.

I bought it in a flea market just to find out what it did (there's no indication on the pedal what it's for, just those four mysterious buttons labeled 1, 2, 3, 4). If I was a guitar player, with two amps, then yeah.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9093
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:27 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Postby Tommy on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:47 am

Anthony Flack wrote:
Boombats wrote:psyched


I've got an original Dimension C here, never found a good use for it but it does sound nice.

I bought it in a flea market just to find out what it did (there's no indication on the pedal what it's for, just those four mysterious buttons labeled 1, 2, 3, 4). If I was a guitar player, with two amps, then yeah.


I had one of these once upon a time. Subtle chorusing. The thing SHINES in stereo. Such a great sound. For some reason they made this one mono only. If memory serves, settings 1 and 2 were the same speed at different depths, and 3 and 4 had the same idea set to a faster speed.
User avatar
Tommy
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5481
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:30 pm
Location: Logan Square, Chicago, IL

PreviousNext

Return to Tech Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests