UFC

Crap
62%
Not Crap
38%

Total votes : 73

Re: UFC

Postby Mama Clortho on Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:00 pm

Incredible win. Mind blowing. Love that the greatest women’s fighter of all time also seems as if she could put a curse on you.

Highlight of the main event was the ref, Mike Beltran, tenderly embracing Gus after the loss. Wish I could find a picture of it. Was quite beautiful!

Not sure what to say about Jon Jones. Really don’t like the guy but can’t look away. Psychopath? Lance Armstrong. God hat etc

I wanted Carlos Condit to win.
Mama Clortho
names vacuums with eyes closed

Postby hayate on Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:14 am

im ready to see iquinta and gaethje. thatll be a show.
Neofascism will be the ultimate expression of libertarian social liberalism, of the unit which starts in May 68. Its specificity holds in this formula: All is allowed, but nothing is possible. -M.C.
hayate
javier pérez de cuéllar
javier pérez de cuéllar

Postby numberthirty on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:29 am

Andrew. wrote:Damn. Nunes. My jaw dropped. I'm not familiar w Cyborg's fights. Does she normally just take unblocked face punches like that? She letter herself get hammered within seconds.

While I haven't seen a ton of her fights, it seems like she is largely someone who takes an "Offense Is The Best Defense..." sort of an approach to fighting.

In addition to that, Amanda Nunes is a woman that you probably want to try to keep at a distance. If not, what happened there is probably very likely to happen.
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby m3kcomp on Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:41 pm

Mama Clortho wrote:Highlight of the main event was the ref, Mike Beltran, tenderly embracing Gus after the loss. Wish I could find a picture of it. Was quite beautiful!

The best. That dude is a trip...the beard, the attitude, everything!
m3kcomp
lawn bowler
lawn bowler

Postby Andrew. on Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:32 pm

numberthirty wrote:
Andrew. wrote:Damn. Nunes. My jaw dropped. I'm not familiar w Cyborg's fights. Does she normally just take unblocked face punches like that? She letter herself get hammered within seconds.

While I haven't seen a ton of her fights, it seems like she is largely someone who takes an "Offense Is The Best Defense..." sort of an approach to fighting.

So Nunes and her team studied Cyborg and came in with a very specific plan. In execution, it was a strategic leg kick and a single two-punch combination used repeatedly in the opening seconds to defeat the seemingly invincible Cyborg. That is some cool shit.

In terms of women's MMA, Carano and Rousey were these super-hyped movie-star megastars. They were super physically attractive, in addition to being word-class athletes, but they fought weak competitors in some respects. Rousey looked like an amateur in her career-ending defeats by women fighters who couldn't be commodified so easily.

Nunes is the GOAT and the first openly gay fighter in the UFC if not all of MMA. I don't know anything about her bio, but she recognized her woman partner after her victory over Cyborg and I've heard she grew up poor (haven't looked into it). She's far more inspiring than Carano or Rousey but of course has none of the hype and money.

Rose also seems cool.
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Mama Clortho on Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:47 pm

235 is looking pretty ridiculous

Jon Jones vs Anthony Smith
Tyron Woodley vs Marty from Nebraska
Ben Askren vs Robbie Lawler
Zabit vs Jeremy Stephens

m3kcomp wrote:
Mama Clortho wrote:Highlight of the main event was the ref, Mike Beltran, tenderly embracing Gus after the loss. Wish I could find a picture of it. Was quite beautiful!

The best. That dude is a trip...the beard, the attitude, everything!

Glad someone else caught it. Still can’t find a photo — weird.

hayate wrote:im ready to see iquinta and gaethje. thatll be a show.

Yes. Stick Gaethje in there with absolutely anyone and you’re going to get a show, but there’s something about those 2 guys. Perfectly matched.
Mama Clortho

Postby Ike on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:58 am

"marty from nebraska"

THANK YOU FOR THAT.

Jon Jones isn't slowing down! He's going to tear Smith apart.

I read somewhere that Cody G. is fighting as well.

WILL WATCH.
Ike
saw big cat
saw big cat

Postby hayate on Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:22 pm

Ike wrote:"marty from nebraska"

THANK YOU FOR THAT.

Jon Jones isn't slowing down! He's going to tear Smith apart.

I read somewhere that Cody G. is fighting as well.

WILL WATCH.

Yeah was gonna say :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Seen a couple Jon Jones fights recently. Wouldn't be surprised if he did.. he certainly destroyed that swedish, and that dude was big. Never heard of smith.. but just lookin at the guy now.. would be willing to put money on smith I think. Just a gut feeling.. I seen guys like that before. Gonna have to youtube this...

edit: ha ha. nvm!!! I agree with Ike.
Neofascism will be the ultimate expression of libertarian social liberalism, of the unit which starts in May 68. Its specificity holds in this formula: All is allowed, but nothing is possible. -M.C.
hayate
javier pérez de cuéllar
javier pérez de cuéllar

Postby Andrew. on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:18 am

Mama Clortho wrote:235 is looking pretty ridiculous

Jon Jones vs Anthony Smith
Tyron Woodley vs Marty from Nebraska
Ben Askren vs Robbie Lawler
Zabit vs Jeremy Stephens

I'm curious about the Askren vs Lawler fight. If Lawler stuffs takedowns, it could be wild. If not, I always enjoy "dad bod" Askren mauling muscle-bound freaks.

I don't get the Marty From Nebraska joke.

Zabit is hairy and fun.
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Mama Clortho on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:28 am

Marty from Nebraska is what Askren, and now everyone, calls Kamaru.

Apparently he used to go by Marty and is from Nebraska. You kind of have to hear Askren’s bit for it to be funny. Was when he was Ariel’s show most recently. Think i posted a link a page ago.

Dumb Colby and Marty from Neraska.

I don’t want either lawler or askren to lose. Love both those guys.
Mama Clortho

Postby Andrew. on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:17 pm

Mama Clortho wrote:Marty from Nebraska is what Askren, and now everyone, calls Kamaru.

Apparently he used to go by Marty and is from Nebraska. You kind of have to hear Askren’s bit for it to be funny. Was when he was Ariel’s show most recently. Think i posted a link a page ago.

Thanks.
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Andrew. on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:29 pm

So googling, the guy was born as Kamarudeen Usman in Nigera. Moved to the US at age eight (first to Texas, than Nebraska). In high school a wresting coach nicknamed him Marty and that's how he was known during his wresting career. For his MMA career he preferred to go by his Nigerian birth name.

I'd say Askren's joke is lowkey racist, but don't mind me.
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Mama Clortho on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:05 pm

How?
Mama Clortho

Postby Andrew. on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Don't wanna make a big deal of it, and I also know jackshit about Usman other than basic internet facts, but...

Like I said:

The guy was born as Kamarudeen Usman in Nigera. Moved to the US at age eight (first to Texas, then Nebraska). In high school a wresting coach nicknamed him Marty and that's how he was known during his wresting career. For his MMA career he preferred to go by his Nigerian birth name.

His nickname is "the Nigerian nightmare." He poses with the Nigerian flag. He's a black dude. From Nigeria. Who chooses to be called what his parents named him not what some high school wrestling coach in Nebraska nicknamed him. I'm assuming (correct me if wrong) that the Nebraska coach who renamed him was a white dude.

I'm not saying this dude is Muhammad Ali and Askren is yucking it up calling him Cassius Clay. Odds are Usman could be every bit the dummy that "Funky" whiteboy Ben Askren says he is. Lots of great MMA fighters are idiots. Maybe most of them.

But Askren's whole joke hinges on giving a proudly black dude a dumb white name to mock him. He's a white dude, who chose "Funky" as his nickname, who's getting kicks from renaming a black Nigerian dude against his will, reverting him back to the white name Usman's high school coach in Nebraska gave him.

Seems to me you have to be a bit dense not to understand the racial dimensions to this.

But again, whatever. It's UFC. They have "ring girls" and Dana White officially stumping for Donald Trump and whatnot. It's a place where stupidity and ignorance flourish.
Last edited by Andrew. on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Andrew. on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:26 pm

dbl-post
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby hayate on Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:47 pm

I watched one of tyrone from nigeria in what I assume was a kickboxing 'match'.. only it didn't look like a match, it looked like they just threw some money at anybody in the street to jump in there and get a little bloody.. like that dude was just a prop to get a rising fighter's name out there or something. Did not look like a real fight at all. Sure seems quick though. And young.
hayate
javier pérez de cuéllar
javier pérez de cuéllar

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap