28%
KORD
57%
KLAX
15%

Total votes : 81

Re: Major US Cities: New York City vs Chicago vs Los Angeles

Postby Antero on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:34 pm

AnthonyCinder wrote:As a lifelong resident of LA, I'll say this--this city is not friendly to someone who just visits or moves here unless that person has friends or family to show them around.

Yeah, for a tourist destination it's hilariously un-tourist-friendly in design.
Is you crazy baby, I gots to grind
Antero
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby AnthonyCinder on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Antero wrote:
AnthonyCinder wrote:As a lifelong resident of LA, I'll say this--this city is not friendly to someone who just visits or moves here unless that person has friends or family to show them around.

That's because awful shit like the Hollywood walk of fame and muscle beach don't appeal to you. These are the surface things that are made readily available to tourists. A discerning friend could show you some amazing hikes, great food (including top notch Mexican food in East LA), hidden beaches that aren't crawling with dickbags, and some solid art/music outlets.

But yeah, let the tourists do their thing. It keeps them away from the gems.
How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette? - George Carlin

https://cindercone.bandcamp.com/
AnthonyCinder
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby Antero on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:52 pm

AnthonyCinder wrote:
Antero wrote:

That's because awful shit like the Hollywood walk of fame and muscle beach don't appeal to you. These are the surface things that are made readily available to tourists. A discerning friend could show you some amazing hikes, great food (including top notch Mexican food in East LA), hidden beaches that aren't crawling with dickbags, and some solid art/music outlets.

But yeah, let the tourists do their thing. It keeps them away from the gems.

Even in the sense of touristy things, imagine trying to get around without knowing the ins and outs. You'd wind up wandering a residential street for an hour.
Is you crazy baby, I gots to grind
Antero
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby hench on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:10 pm

l.a.
chicago
nyc

l.a. has the best farmers markets, the coolest cars, killer hiking, and incredible food. a 20 minute walk in one direction takes me to the beach, and a 20 minute walk in a different direction takes me to the mountains. plus, the light pollution is way less so i can actually see the stars...
hench
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap