Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Crap
83%
Not Crap
17%

Total votes : 150

Postby z00york on Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:01 am

CrrrrrrrrrrrrAAARPPP. Glad to see people think RHCP are pants, I can't believe how massive they seem to be now, despite the fact that their music is getting less and less intelligent and 'stadium arcadium', when I heard that was the album name I was like "holy fucking crap? are these guys fucking lame or what".

It also pisses me off, about their stupid fans, is that I know at least 3 dumb drummers who seem to think Chad Smith is some sort of amazing musician ???? is he????

Mike Patton makes me laugh, especially when i saw this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r98WLLWMq3o
z00york
dock ellis
dock ellis

Postby m.koren on Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:23 am

Check out some youtube videos of Chad. I would say he's frighteningly good in a showoff sort of way(no doubt exaccerbated by playing those wretched Peppers hits night after night).
m.koren
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby z00york on Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:41 am

he can hold a beat well and all, but his dynamics are not very good. there are an infinite amount of better drummers to aspire to. It just does my head in that some musicians can be so dumb to think he's the best drummer ever? I mean lol? he would not even come up in the best 500 drummers ever, when looking at technique, style, groove, speed or anything.
Last edited by z00york on Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
z00york
dock ellis
dock ellis

Postby Minotaur029 on Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:44 am

z00york wrote:CrrrrrrrrrrrrAAARPPP. Glad to see people think RHCP are pants, I can't believe how massive they seem to be now, despite the fact that their music is getting less and less intelligent and 'stadium arcadium', when I heard that was the album name I was like "holy fucking crap? are these guys fucking lame or what".

It also pisses me off, about their stupid fans, is that I know at least 3 dumb drummers who seem to think Chad Smith is some sort of amazing musician ???? is he????

Wolfmother sucks maybe even more than Faith No More and "CRHP." But Wolfmother doesn't suck more than both of the aforementioned bands combined. Really.
Minotaur029
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby z00york on Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:47 am

you have confused me.
z00york
dock ellis
dock ellis

Postby Gramsci on Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:16 am

I liked them when I was 16... I still like Blood Sugar Sex Magic... and a have a few guilty moments of pleasure listening to Mother's Milk and One Hot Minute... Warped is actually a good track...

But overall crap.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby bassdriver on Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:57 am

Gramsci wrote:I liked them when I was 16... I still like Blood Sugar Sex Magic... and a have a few guilty moments of pleasure listening to Mother's Milk and One Hot Minute....
so overall not crap.
bassdriver
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby Gramsci on Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:13 am

One good record and the occasional random iPod accident does not a not-crap band make.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby bassdriver on Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:29 am

Gramsci wrote:One good record and the occasional random iPod accident does not a not-crap band make.
well I just compared them to 1'000'000 totaly boring, lame and stupid bands out there. maybe I'm a bad crap-er.
bassdriver

Postby Gramsci on Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:36 am

bassdriver wrote:
Gramsci wrote:One good record and the occasional random iPod accident does not a not-crap band make.
well I just compared them to 1'000'000 totaly boring, lame and stupid bands out there. maybe I'm a bad crap-er.

I waver between Not Crap :WF: 10 and Crap... if I really think about it, as far as "rock" bands go Freaky Styley and Uplift aren't that bad either... I guess I've just moved on.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby dimpfelmoser on Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:02 am

Like U2, only worse. Daft name, daft videos, daft stage antics. I guess the music would be ok in a radio friendly, mainstreamy sort of way if it wasn't for the stadium rocky production, the limited vocal range of Kiedies, Fleas show off bass slapping and the melodramatic lyrics.
dimpfelmoser
linus pauling
linus pauling

Postby emmanuelle cunt on Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:36 am

Minotaur029 wrote:
z00york wrote:CrrrrrrrrrrrrAAARPPP. Glad to see people think RHCP are pants, I can't believe how massive they seem to be now, despite the fact that their music is getting less and less intelligent and 'stadium arcadium', when I heard that was the album name I was like "holy fucking crap? are these guys fucking lame or what".

Wolfmother sucks maybe even more than Faith No More and "CRHP." But Wolfmother doesn't suck more than both of the aforementioned bands combined. Really.

"can i get an amen"
not crap.

rhcp=crap, but i have to admit i like blood sugar. or at least i did long time a go, but its a good record if you want to get drunk and dance to something.
caix wrote:^ more like "a manual vagina."
emmanuelle cunt

Postby Brett Eugene Ralph on Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:26 am

Fuck this band.
Brett Eugene Ralph
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby cervixFORaHEart on Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:29 am

i really like john frusciante's solo stuff.

rhcp are obnoxious and annoying crap overall.
Uncle Ovipositor wrote:In Tokyo, the Japanese can pee in the streets...
cervixFORaHEart
captain mash
captain mash

Postby Marsupialized on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:03 pm

I went with my wife to their show at the rosemont last night. She's a big fan.
They did a lot of jamming which sounded awesome, but eventually that doofus would start singing and ruin it.
We both think kicking that retard singer out would be a great move. The rest of the band did not seem to get along with the singer, they'd all crowd around the drum set and jam on something and leave the singer to stand around and wait for them to stop so he could start singing one of the shitty hits.
That John Frusciante is one heck of a guitar player, lemmie tell ya. He even sang a few songs, some 50's girl group covers turned into Neil Young-ish guitar jams and it sounded great.
Their set ending jam was intense, the singer just left and they just went off for about 20 minutes.
All in all, an enjoyable show.
Gnarls Barkley opened and were ok I guess, the singer seems cool but the music is so weak.
Marsupialized
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby Heliotropic on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:09 pm

5 Most Popular Frat Bands:
Phish
Dave Matthews Band
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
The Doors
Anything that's currently on MTV.

Edit: I don't mind Under The Bridge.
Heliotropic
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

Postby mr.arrison on Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:42 pm

Three impossibilities:

1. A shirted Anthony Kiedis

2. A non-dreadful RHCP album.

3. A minimal bassline.

CRAP, no waffles.

..although I don't mind Frusciante.
mr.arrison
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby turnbullac on Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 am

they were my favorite band when I was in junior High and High school, from about '87-'91. Then they sobered up, sold out and turned to utter craptacularness. They are now my least favorite band ever.
turnbullac

Postby Jodi S. on Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:50 am

I've seen Kiedis starkers more times than I'd care to admit.
Jodi S.
Influential Poster

Location: I am sitting in a room, different from the one you are in.

Postby NerblyBear on Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:03 am

These new radio hits are, undoubtedly, some of the blandest, most cockpunch-worthy songs I've ever heard. They make me wish that Frusciante had died of an overdose.
Gay People Rock
NerblyBear
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap