Sandler?

Crap
92%
Not Crap
8%

Total votes : 60

Re: The films of Adam Sandler

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:05 pm

Happy Gilmore was the best thing Sandler was ever a part of.
AnthonyVillalobos
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby numberthirty on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:59 pm

AnthonyVillalobos wrote:Happy Gilmore was the best thing Sandler was ever a part of.

I'm not so sure. I'd almost always take his work as the blue haired straight man in Shakes The Clown over Happy Gilmore.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby pwalshj on Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:41 am

I am aware that I am in a vast minority here but Funny People (while long) had some pretty good insights into the narcissistic comic mind.
"If you aren't offered a hot dog or a burger this week it ain't them... It's you." - Ray Chimaro - July 1st 2009
pwalshj
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby Bernardo on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Bernardo

Postby emmanuelle cunt on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:31 pm

Bernardo wrote:http://www.slashfilm.com/adam-sandler-is-the-most-overpaid-actor-in-hollywood-according-to-forbes/

that article wrote:According to Forbes, the worst value in Hollywood right now is Adam Sandler, whose Jack & Jill and That’s My Boy tanked horribly.

Wikipedia "Jack and Jill" page wrote:Budget $79 million
Box office $149,673,788
caix wrote:^ more like "a manual vagina."
emmanuelle cunt

Postby 6079smith on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:29 pm

MrFood wrote:Adam Sandler's existence brings the worthiness of the entire human race into question.

I know what you mean, but I'd just swap "worthiness" with "laziness" there. Sandler's comedy is pure lazy, lazy comedy.
It's like the youtube video of the fat woman wearing sweatpants and high heels walking on the pier with an ice cream cone and one heel breaks and she falls down and her face goes right into the ice cream and she drags her fat child down with her and a seagull comes and starts eating the ice cream and it shits on her head as it flies off and they're both yelling and everyone's laughing and it's a funny youtube clip.
That's pretty much how I see Sandler films; laughing at something because it's supposed to be funny, but without any context. That joke is made, move on to the donkey getting hit in the nuts by a stray baseball. It's deliberately underestimating an audience, but the audience hasn't much else to see in the cinema that weekend. I'll admit to chuckling a bit at Happy Gilmore, but thinking back on it was the least mean-spirited film he's made.
Why am I even thinking about this guy right now jesus
6079smith
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby Awesome_Komodo on Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:11 pm

Watched his Netflix movie The Ridiculous 6 earlier.
I had to stop it halfway through and go for a two hour long walk to forget what I had seen only to pick up in the middle of it to see Vanilla Ice playing Mark Twain.
CRAP
Here comes the pissball, shithead - get ready!
Awesome_Komodo
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby n.c. on Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:40 pm

not the crap. is funny.
n.c.
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Re:

Postby whoisalhedges on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:09 pm

tallchris wrote:Of course, PDL doesn't really count, and Paul Thomas Anderson some how managed to get a genuinely affecting performance out of the guy.

I call bullshit.

It's a movie starring Adam Sandler = it is an Adam Sandler movie.

Loved PDL. I think it's a terrific film, and he gave a terrific performance. I am also a 40 year old man who still laughs every time I so much as think about "At a Medium Pace." I liked Billy Madison okay when I saw it 20 years ago.

Crap. I don't even waffle because of the above, because I probably wouldn't find. BM as funny now, PDL was a one-off anomaly, and "At a Medium Pace" is a song, and not within the scope of this C/NC.
"Country music must go on!" -- Austin J. Hall, September 11, 2001
whoisalhedges
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Location: Where they put chili on spaghetti, BBQ sauce on kielbasa, and men on the moon.

Postby Anthony Flack on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:17 pm

I think he probably has some ability as an actor, that's the sad thing. But I don't know that he's particularly bright, and he's in charge.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Gramsci on Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:42 am

Fuck this guy.

Red Letter Media do a take down that basically accuses him of being a fraud and a shyster which I agree with.

And Punch Drunk Love is a fucking awful movie, one that seem to be the go to film for anyone saying "He's done one good film..." He plays the same retard manchild he plays in 99% of all of his movies. I couldn't even finish it and had only started watching it because it was supposed to be his "only good performance".

Fuck this guy.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby Anthony Flack on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Also, as well as being not too bright, he apparently has the artistic sensibilities of a ten-year-old, including the notion that being gay is just hee-larious.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Beetown on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:40 pm

Little Nicky is probably the worst of the lot.
Beetown
walter johnson
walter johnson

Postby curry pervert on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:01 pm

Crap.

Caveat: REIGN OVER ME.

His 'funny' films aren't funny. When I saw him do a straight role in Reign Over Me I actually gained some respect for him, I thought he was a decent actor. Which makes it all the more sad that he just reverted to his crap comedy afterwards.
caix wrote:Whoever said they started missing Clocker Bob after reading your dribble, I didn't get it at first. Now I totally get it. I am really missing Bob right now.
curry pervert
bill bradley
bill bradley

Postby hellholiday on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:50 am

Of Sony's top 50 movies from 2000 to 2016, more than two-thirds were "star vehicles," in which the talent involved was as big as or bigger than the movie title or the franchise. More than one-third came from just two people: Will Smith and Adam Sandler. Movies they starred in or produced grossed $3.7 billion from 2000 to 2015, generating 20 percent of Sony Pictures' domestic gross and 23 percent of its profits. No other studio was as reliant on just two actors. Their rise and fall illustrate what has happened to movie stars in Hollywood.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bookmark/will-smith-adam-sandler-how-sony-suffered-collapse-a-list-star-book-excerpt-1088418
hellholiday
tired of birds
tired of birds

Postby blackmarket on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:20 am

Beetown wrote:Little Nicky is probably the worst of the lot.

Not even.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
blackmarket
meatball enthusiast
meatball enthusiast

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap