Unwound

Crap
4%
Not Crap
96%

Total votes : 222

Re: Band : Unwound

Postby ldopa_chicago on Thu May 14, 2020 3:52 pm

crustandcrumb wrote:Indie Rock Confession: The fill at ~5:02 in We Invent You has been making me cringe for 15 years now.

Sounds like a common Lund fill to me. There's a certain languidity to her playing that I really love. She's my favorite drummer by a landslide though, so I'm biased.
jimmy two hands wrote:Jam econo for fuck's sake.

I play guitar in Daddy's Boy
I played guitar in Fake Limbs and bass in Burn Permits.
ldopa_chicago
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby Frankie99 on Mon May 18, 2020 4:29 pm

Sara is easily one of my favorite drummers of all time, and pretty much can do no wrong.
Frankie99
rookie
rookie

Postby cneutron on Mon May 18, 2020 5:00 pm

Frankie99 wrote:Sara is easily one of my favorite drummers of all time, and pretty much can do no wrong.

I 100% agree with this.
cneutron
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Frankie99 on Mon May 18, 2020 5:22 pm

I am listening to leaves right now and I always thought that I hated the production on this record, but on headphones it sounds a lot better than I remember,
Frankie99
rookie
rookie

Postby Snowblinder on Tue May 19, 2020 8:27 pm

I've never made much of an effort to dive into Unwound's catalog other than the CD copy of Fake Train I randomly bought many years ago, knowing only that they were peers of other bands who I liked. It's good, though it truthfully never made a very lasting impression on me other than Vern's bass on "Valentine Card." But Leaves Turn Inside You just hits me hard. I remember the first time I heard it, on what was maybe the first Secret Friends tour, as we were driving into Seattle at night in the pouring rain. Kind of had a "moment."

When we opened for Nocturnal Habits not too long ago, they were selling vinyl copies of Leaves Turn Inside You along with their own merch. I have owned the Nocturnal Habits album (which for the record I LOVE) for a while, so on that night I picked up a copy of Leaves. Sometimes, it's just the perfect thing to put on. Like right now for instance, as it plays in the background while I type this.

Footnote: at that aforementioned show, Nocturnal Habits played "Scarlette" in the middle of their set (along with another Unwound song, don't remember which one) and it was incredible.
Snowblinder
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap