home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Dog: Pitbull.

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Pitbull: Crap/Not Crap.

Crap.
34
52%
Not Crap.
31
48%
 
Total votes : 65

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby Anthony Flack on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:20 pm

As others have said, every pit bull I've ever met has been a big lovable dope.

Still, the potential is there. And a dog is capable of having a spontaneous psychological malfunction, just as a person can. It could suddenly turn psychotic from an undiagnosed brain tumor or who knows.

Any animal that can kill you might kill you, I guess.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9105
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:27 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby sulfur)addict on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:03 am

Absolute fuck all of you.

Not Crap, I love them more than humans.
Kerouacian as fuck.

NewDarkAge wrote:why, the fuck, would you post zizek in this thread
User avatar
sulfur)addict
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3015
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby seanurban on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:27 am

Yeah Steve Irwin loved stingrays too. That girl loved her dogs. What happened to them both was avoidable and predictable.
User avatar
seanurban
King High
 
Posts: 4684
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:22 pm

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby Anthony Flack on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:38 am

And people who keep pet chimps love having a face, and most of the time you can have both.

I'm not saying it's wrong. Everybody takes their chances in life.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9105
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:27 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby seanurban on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:57 am

But this isn't like driving without a seat belt. These dogs are a threat to society. And each other.
User avatar
seanurban
King High
 
Posts: 4684
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:22 pm

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby sulfur)addict on Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:31 am

Good god no, the concept of society is a threat to society. There are more gun crimes every single day than pibble bites.

The American Temperment Association ranks the pitbull breed over countless others, including such beloved breeds as the golden retriever. We may be talking about a difference in bite strength, sure, but a predisposition to assuming a pitbull is dangerous or aggressive says more about you than the dog.

You're a failure as an animal. It's not the dog's fault that you're an uppity asshole who's scared of the sweetest critter in dogdom.

So hey, go fuck yourself. Stick to what you know, because it isn't dogs.
Kerouacian as fuck.

NewDarkAge wrote:why, the fuck, would you post zizek in this thread
User avatar
sulfur)addict
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3015
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby sulfur)addict on Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:39 am

"Your dog's DNA doesn't fit with my faulty utopian vision of earth. I'm also a closeted eugenicists who lacks all understanding of Pavlov's studies in classical conditioning, I've never trained an animal, and I eat my own shit off of my fingers because I don't believe in learning. In fact I oppose the process at every turn."

Fucking morons.
Kerouacian as fuck.

NewDarkAge wrote:why, the fuck, would you post zizek in this thread
User avatar
sulfur)addict
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3015
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby seanurban on Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:18 am

She was on her period.
They weren't neutered.
They were neglected.
She looked at them wrong.
Am I missing anything?
User avatar
seanurban
King High
 
Posts: 4684
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:22 pm

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby eliya on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:10 am

seanurban wrote:But this isn't like driving without a seat belt.


This is an insane. You have a wayyy higher chance of dying not driving a seatbelt than a pitbull mauling you.

seanurban wrote:They weren't neutered.
They were neglected.


I mean, there's your answer. They weren't neutered and were neglected. I'm not saying she deserved to die, but that would explain the attack.

With that being said, Pitbulls are capable of killing a human. Like, physically they are capable of killing a human being, so it's OK to not want a pitbull in your life.
User avatar
eliya
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7626
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:37 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby Bernardo on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:15 am

I just keep thinking of the grizzly man.
User avatar
Bernardo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7256
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:03 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby Madman Munt on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:35 am

eliya wrote:With that being said, Pitbulls are capable of killing a human. Like, physically they are capable of killing a human being, so it's OK to not want a pitbull in your life.


I just had Jonathan Richman singing in my head...

When you get out of the hospital
Let my pitbull back into your life


I read somewhere years ago that Pitbulls (or it might have been Rottweilers) are developmentally delayed, literally emotionally retarded, so that the adult Pb (or R) retains some puppy-like attachments and behaviours. The claim was that this accounts for why people love them and think they are sweet, but also explains the face-ripping tendencies when they snap.

I'd love to figure out where I read it so I could see if it was total bullshit or not.
User avatar
Madman Munt
amir vahedi
amir vahedi
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby Major on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:45 am

Image

Yeah, fuckin' kill 'em all!

Madman Munt wrote:I read somewhere years ago that Pitbulls (or it might have been Rottweilers) are developmentally delayed, literally emotionally retarded, so that the adult Pb (or R) retains some puppy-like attachments and behaviours. The claim was that this accounts for why people love them and think they are sweet, but also explains the face-ripping tendencies when they snap.

I'd love to figure out where I read it so I could see if it was total bullshit or not.


http://rottweilerguide.com/understandin ... n-anxiety/

http://aboutpitbulldogs.com/behavior-pr ... n-anxiety/

Pitbulls rule, people are garbage.
User avatar
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6538
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:19 am
Location: 29.7604° N, 95.3698° W

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby Model Citizen on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:09 pm

seanurban wrote:
holly golightly wrote:any dog can be mean depending on how they are trained (in my opinion).

But pit bull is the only breed that is capable of killing its owner. As soon as I read the headline I knew the breed. If it can happen to her it can happen to anyone.

Gregs articie is sanitized. The Washington post has the gory details that were held back at first until the conspiracy theorists demanded proof.


This is not at all true man, have you spent much time around dogs?

A german shepherd could fuck you up really badly, that's why police use them, as could a doberman, rottweiler, several bulldogs, any of the larger breeds, mastiffs, great danes, akitas. Practically any dog has the potential to hurt someone, it's just that dickheads are often attracted to pit bulls because they're considered a status symbol to some.

I'd worry a lot more about guns if I lived in the USA than dogs.
Model Citizen
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
 
Posts: 3540
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:21 am
Location: Immigrant

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby Bernardo on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:22 pm



Is this a description of careful training as so to decrease your chances of accidentally triggering your dog to maul you?
User avatar
Bernardo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7256
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:03 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby Madman Munt on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:54 pm

Major wrote:separation anxiety in dogs stuff


Yeah! That's right. It's all coming back to me now. I read it in a sex advice column: dude was having trouble getting action because every time he'd bring a date home and they'd commence the fucking, doggo would go on a kill-crazy rampage which would terrify the poor woman and she'd never come back.
User avatar
Madman Munt
amir vahedi
amir vahedi
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby greg on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:07 pm

eliya wrote:
seanurban wrote:But this isn't like driving without a seat belt.


This is an insane. You have a wayyy higher chance of dying not driving a seatbelt than a pitbull mauling you.


I believe he means its a risk taken on by one's self, vs. a risk you share with your community. If you drive around without wearing a seatbelt, you are only risking your own life, vs. adopting a murderous predator who's the sweetest thing you've ever met as long as it doesn't smell something weird...

seanurban wrote:They weren't neutered.
They were neglected.


I mean, there's your answer. They weren't neutered and were neglected. I'm not saying she deserved to die, but that would explain the attack.


So this is kind of what bothers me about some dog owners. The excuse, and validations that come with bad dog behavior. The K9 psychological lectures, and expositions that owners labor through, usually while manically massaging the pet to calm it down after an event.
If I just got snapped at for no reason, I don't need to hear about the beast's life story, it's a dog, I get it, I had a few too. Yours sucks because it can't deal with normal situations, and it's probably your fault, but it might just be the dog.
You're not housing in a PTSD homeless vet and helping him rehabilitate. That actually be kind of impressive. You have a dog.

I have a friend who told me about how their dog bit the face his little nephew. Instead of saying how horrible it was, and being freaked out about what to do with the dog to keep it from happening again, he complained about how the kid pulled the dog's tail, provoked it, and how the parents overreacted. This is from one of the most sympathetic, friendliest persons on earth.
User avatar
greg
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer
 
Posts: 4992
Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 7:26 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby Major on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:08 pm

Bernardo wrote:


Is this a description of careful training as so to decrease your chances of accidentally triggering your dog to maul you?


Pretty much.

I have a 10 lb miniature Doberman, and I have no doubt that, if given the chance, he would maul me to death. What a way to go. There's not a whole lot of work involved in training a miniature Doberman besides "Hey, don't piss there" (which has not worked 100%).

I would not get a pitbull not because they are violent, but due to the amount of training and involvement needed to ensure it does not maul me to death. I don't have that kind of time and am not willing to put forth the effort, so no bullies for me. Some people are just self-absorbed and fucking ignorant, thinking they're some sort of "dog whisperer".

The lady by no means deserved to die, but she also had no business owning those dogs in the first place.
User avatar
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6538
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:19 am
Location: 29.7604° N, 95.3698° W

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby Tommy on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Model Citizen wrote:
seanurban wrote:
holly golightly wrote:any dog can be mean depending on how they are trained (in my opinion).

But pit bull is the only breed that is capable of killing its owner. As soon as I read the headline I knew the breed. If it can happen to her it can happen to anyone.


A german shepherd could fuck you up really badly, that's why police use them, as could a doberman, rottweiler, several bulldogs, any of the larger breeds, mastiffs, great danes, akitas. Practically any dog has the potential to hurt someone, it's just that dickheads are often attracted to pit bulls because they're considered a status symbol to some.


My thought too. German Shepard or Rottweiler could kill someone easily. Several breeds could. Hell, I bet most medium-sized breeds could when there are three of them attacking you (e.g. boxers or aussie shepherds). All it takes is getting knocked down and an appropriately placed neck bite.

Having said all of that, Pitbulls exist because they were originally bred for bloodsport. I've met plenty of nice ones, but they probably shouldn't still be bred. Too many shit humans out there.
User avatar
Tommy
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet
 
Posts: 5541
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:30 pm
Location: Logan Square, Chicago, IL

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby Bernardo on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:22 pm

Major wrote:I would not get a pitbull not because they are violent, but due to the amount of training and involvement needed to ensure it does not maul me to death.


That would be a good reason, yes.
User avatar
Bernardo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7256
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:03 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby seanurban on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:42 pm

They killed their owner and chewed her ribs. It's very rare for a German shepherd to go that far or even attempt to. I'm just talking odds. If you say she shouldn't have owned them, a single woman living near a family farm, then nobody should. All her friends said Bethany was the dogs' bff. (I don't know if they were neutered but I agree they all should be.)
User avatar
seanurban
King High
 
Posts: 4684
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:22 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 28 guests