Pitbull: Crap/Not Crap.

Crap.
52%
Not Crap.
48%

Total votes : 65

Re: Dog: Pitbull.

Postby Aspartame on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:49 pm

Years ago a guy I knew had a Pitbull and it was the calmest, friendliest dog i've ever seen, never even heard it bark once.

Years later I was attacked by one on the way to school, owner managed to pull it off, then he gave it a few hard kicks. Might explain why it was such a prick.
Aspartame
duke
duke

Postby mr.arrison on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:03 pm

my sister has a doberman. he's the sweetest, smartest and calmest dog I have met. however, he does like to run and chase deer and other creatures in the rural area my sister lives in. i've never seen him hurt anyone, but he can act the part- most visitors are terrified of this big, lean black and tan dog with long white fangs. he's a fucking pushover though- a total baby

I've met a few pitbulls. generally if the owner isn't a douchebag, the dog ends up being alright too. that said, when I first moved into my house, I witnessed a pitbull violently tear another dog to shreds behind my house- it caused quite a stir. the cops came and had to put the dog down with the entire neighborhood watching. the owner was in tears and completely taken aback that his dog had behaved that way. it was seriously fucked up, like the dog version of a pirahna just ripping another smaller dog into ribbons in a matter of minutes.

now I see lots of pitbulls with wannabe gangster dudes. whatever.

too bad for the pitbull breed that douchebags have probably permanently fucked the species up with dog fights, neglect and whatever else causes these dogs to snap.
mr.arrison
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby ubercat on Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:23 pm

a. james wrote:i love them.

I want one bad, but I'm at my pet limit. I knew a breeder in SoCal and used to go over to the ranch and play with the dogs on the weekends. Slobbery beasts they are. So much fun.

mr.arrison wrote:...I witnessed a pitbull violently tear another dog to shreds behind my house...

This is the only problem with Pitbulls. They DO NOT like other dogs.
ubercat
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby Trad on Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:29 pm

ubercat wrote:This is the only problem with Pitbulls. They DO NOT like other dogs.

They usually love their own kind though. The only playmate my buddy's pit mix could play with was the Greek Jimi Hendrix's pit Spock.
Trad
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby ubercat on Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:31 pm

sunlore wrote:I grew up around large, powerful animals...

Shellac's new EP?
ubercat

Postby ubercat on Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:35 pm

busbus wrote:They usually love their own kind though. The only playmate my buddy's pit mix could play with was the Greek Jimi Hendrix's pit Spock.

Yup. It's true. That's why you gotta watch how you treat them in groups...

...where the fuck is the spell check...
ubercat

Postby 2207 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:24 pm

ubercat wrote:
This is the only problem with Pitbulls. They DO NOT like other dogs.

They don't seem that keen on kids either.

Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby ubercat on Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:56 pm

Yeah. We've got to have kids in all corners of the globe...
ubercat

Postby HOUSTON_M on Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:13 pm

If a pit bull attacked me I'd kill the dog and put the owner in hospital.
HOUSTON_M

Postby Heliotropic on Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:35 pm

HOUSTON_M wrote:If a pit bull attacked me I'd kill the dog and put the owner in hospital.

Place him face down on the bed
Shoot him once
Remember gloves
Scan apartment
Kill the dog
Heliotropic
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

Postby nihil on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:18 am

HOUSTON_M wrote:If a pit bull attacked me I'd rehabilitate the dog and put the owner in hospital.

that's better.
nihil
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby dekka on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:39 am

ffs how can you some of you call an animal crap???

pretty sure lions and sharks are dangerous too :roll:

it's not like large dogs are violent because there evil :roll:, they act just acting on instinct (mainly fear) and this is mostly because they've been brought up by macho assholes who use them mainly to show off.

AND A BIG BURN IN HELL to all those who use these animals in dog fights for money.

espiecally THIS piece of scum Image

and what he did to this pit bull

dekka
troll
troll

Postby 2207 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:58 pm

dekka wrote:
pretty sure lions and sharks are dangerous too :roll:

Yes, get rid of them too.

Nasty pieces of work, taking up space in the bathroom, not doing the housework, sitting around scratching their arses.

Postby joime on Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:29 pm

i would love a pitbull as a therapy dog do you guys know if
a pitbull could be one..i hate that fucking shit when people make them
to be monsters..i know a few of them are really cool..i just want to help
me get through the day,not to make blood money or for evil.
welly well well!
joime
joseph cornell
joseph cornell

Postby joime on Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:35 pm

welly well well!
joime
joseph cornell
joseph cornell

Postby clockworkbird on Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:21 pm

I was attacked by a pitbull when I was 6 and very nearly died. Had to have reconstructive surgery, take the owner to court, etc...etc...

I don't think the dog breed is inherently evil, but I do think the breed has a tendency to be unpredictable and happens to have genetically bestowed characteristics that make them very efficient attackers.

I still love dogs. Even big ones. Even pitbulls. I've met some really, really sweet pitbulls... but truthfully, I don't ever fully trust one. The one that attacked me, Rudolph, had been my friend for several years before turning on me. Note: I didn't provoke the dog. I was walking and it came underneath a barbed wire fence and attacked me from behind.
clockworkbird
twain
twain

Re:

Postby zartoid on Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:47 pm

sunlore wrote:Dogs are/were bred, by humans, for specific purposes. No one will dispute that specific breeds of dogs have specific sets of character traits associated with them. It is entirely rational to be a dog "racist."

Exactly, taking a broader look at this we should remember that nature doesn't produce breeds as we know them. Pedigrees are absolute genetic fuckups, inbred to a level only possible with ongoing human intervention, and the two dominant trends of our victorian breeding poineers ? To kill things and/or look pretty.

Nature has been busy trying to produce mongrels, and we simply can't talk about a pedigree as a race, its a variant of the continued human experiment with dogs, and as such is always in a state of unreliable flux. Its common for dog breeders to use father/daughter or father/grandaughter matings, and once the offspring is sold, its no longer their problem. That problem might be a brain too big for its skull, a hole in the throat needed to breathe, or the complete inability to mate or give birth without help. They are carnivores, and some of them probably had a finely tuned sense of survival before we got busy with their genes. Now we have a set of mutants, the qualities we seek in pedigrees are simply controlled mutations, and we have no meaningful way to control any unwanted mutations. Can you even make a generalisation about mutants ?
zartoid
rocky mountain oysters
rocky mountain oysters

Postby holly golightly on Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:11 pm

Every Pit Bull I've met has been a big, slobbery four-legged powerhouse of nothin' but love. I do believe that how they behave and their level of aggressiveness depends on how they are treated and trained. I mean, any dog can be mean depending on how they are trained (in my opinion).
I don't roll on Shabbas.
holly golightly
bert
bert

Postby greg on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:01 pm

Woman mauled to death by her own dogs.

http://wgntv.com/2017/12/18/woman-maule ... or-a-walk/

Good owner or bad, dogs sometimes loose their shit and go after people. If it has the capacity to seriously hurt or even kill someone, what's the point? There are plenty of other nice dogs out there. Pitbulls won't go extinct if you don't rescue one.
greg

Postby seanurban on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:43 pm

holly golightly wrote:any dog can be mean depending on how they are trained (in my opinion).

But pit bull is the only breed that is capable of killing its owner. As soon as I read the headline I knew the breed. If it can happen to her it can happen to anyone.

Gregs articie is sanitized. The Washington post has the gory details that were held back at first until the conspiracy theorists demanded proof.
seanurban
King High

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap