home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Band: Thin Lizzy

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Thin Lizzy?

CRAP
6
4%
NOT CRAP
143
96%
 
Total votes : 149

Postby alex maiolo on Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:08 pm

Thin Lizzy is the best Irish band ever to have been fronted by a black junkie, hands down.

-A
dontfeartheringo wrote:If $100 is too much for you to spend on a microphone maybe you should find a new hobby. People like you seem to like Magic: The Gathering a lot.
User avatar
alex maiolo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7367
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 11:47 pm
Location: Chapel Hill NC (please excuse my english)

Postby Ty Webb on Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:23 pm

alex maiolo wrote:Thin Lizzy is the best Irish band ever to have been fronted by a black junkie, hands down.

-A


You clearly haven't heard Ike Turner and the Knobby Shillelaghs.
Clueless in Chicago wrote:I'm going to stop following this thread. A bunch of D&D geeks in a basement somewhere in Oklahomma with their nuts tied around their thighs...
User avatar
Ty Webb
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus
 
Posts: 12355
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:18 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby alex maiolo on Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:05 pm

Ty Webb wrote:
alex maiolo wrote:Thin Lizzy is the best Irish band ever to have been fronted by a black junkie, hands down.

-A


You clearly haven't heard Ike Turner and the Knobby Shillelaghs.


Thin Lizzy still wins, followed by Sly and the Family McDougle, THEN Ike and the Knobbies.

Ten Hail Marys and I'll forgive you.

-A

(Ty, that was funny as shit)
dontfeartheringo wrote:If $100 is too much for you to spend on a microphone maybe you should find a new hobby. People like you seem to like Magic: The Gathering a lot.
User avatar
alex maiolo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7367
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 11:47 pm
Location: Chapel Hill NC (please excuse my english)

Postby stewie on Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:09 pm

Ty Webb wrote:
alex maiolo wrote:Thin Lizzy is the best Irish band ever to have been fronted by a black junkie, hands down.

-A


You clearly haven't heard Ike Turner and the Knobby Shillelaghs.


Awesome!
User avatar
stewie
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6818
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:43 am
Location: Near Boston

Postby John W. on Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:13 pm

User avatar
John W.
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet
 
Posts: 5572
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:38 pm
Location: Louisville, KY

Postby fancyjamtime on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:59 am

Got the Peel album last year for Christmas. Gotta say...much as I love John Peel comps, I'll still take "Live and Dangerous"...
Buster Bluth wrote:No mother, I can blow myself! You've interfered for the last time!
User avatar
fancyjamtime
meatball enthusiast
meatball enthusiast
 
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:54 pm
Location: Columbus OH

Postby MF Nightmen on Sat May 24, 2008 7:28 pm

my lord do i love this band. have been listening to them quite a bit lately; especially the bad reputation LP....so under-appreciated, such great pop sensibilities. All those years spent in the 1970's listening to Kiss...if only I'd been hip to lizzy back then

Have been enjoying the 1978 Sydney concert:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgST27FIzNg

What's the deal on the P. Lynott biopic? Anybody know if it will happen (or maybe already did)?
MF Nightmen
boris badenov
boris badenov
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:38 pm
Location: Dancing in the moonlight

Postby cwiko on Sun May 25, 2008 2:50 am

My love for this band knows no bounds. Besides, how can you ever go wrong with a bass-player-fronted band?


ok, so there's kiss & rush, fuck you
User avatar
cwiko
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants
 
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:12 pm
Location: chicago

Postby a. james on Sun May 25, 2008 3:47 am

cwiko wrote:My love for this band knows no bounds. Besides, how can you ever go wrong with a bass-player-fronted band?


ok, so there's kiss & rush, fuck you


primus. winger. wings.

do i have to go on?
Marsupialized wrote:I am NOT sorry I yelled. I should have yelled louder.
User avatar
a. james
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 15354
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:42 pm
Location: rva.

Postby cwiko on Sun May 25, 2008 3:49 am

I'm embarrassed that you knew Winger was fronted by a bass player.
User avatar
cwiko
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants
 
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:12 pm
Location: chicago

Postby a. james on Sun May 25, 2008 4:05 am

cwiko wrote:I'm embarrassed that you knew Winger was fronted by a bass player.


there's another hair metal band with a bassplayin' singer, but i forgot who.
Marsupialized wrote:I am NOT sorry I yelled. I should have yelled louder.
User avatar
a. james
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 15354
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:42 pm
Location: rva.

Postby robert thefamilyghost on Tue May 27, 2008 8:47 pm

that damned fly wrote:there's another hair metal band with a bassplayin' singer, but i forgot who.

W.A.S.P. i think? i don't care enough to check, but it seems like this is true...then again, there may be a whole slew of 'em too...
placeholder wrote:I'm in The Family Ghost. I don't like mentioning my band by name too much because I feel cheesy doing it.
User avatar
robert thefamilyghost
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:31 pm
Location: memphis, tn

Postby ianscanlon on Wed May 28, 2008 5:01 am

after a BBQ we had a few weekends ago, the only weekend it wasn't pouring with rain during May, thin lizzy came up. We moved indoors as the light failed and discussion turned to tight ass leather trousers, immediately I pulled out my copy of live and dangerous to show the assembled personages a fine example of such, what an awesome cover for a record. NOT CRAP. Also the segue between cowboy song and the boys are back in town, is absolutely amazing.. probably done in some editing sweet somewhere.. but still I am always hoping to be able to pull something similar off live.. end one great song, then bang into your most recognisable hit before the crowd know what's hit them, awesome.
ianscanlon
red hodges
red hodges
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:15 pm
Location: the countryside

Postby nathan. on Wed May 28, 2008 8:45 am

My 70's Hard Rock Trinity:

ZZ Top= The Father

AC/DC= The Son

Thin Lizzy= The Holy Spirit

Amen. Not Crap.
nathan.
doctor hook
doctor hook
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: baltimore, md

Postby honeyisfunny on Wed May 28, 2008 8:47 am

nathan. wrote:My 70's Hard Rock Trinity:

ZZ Top= The Father

AC/DC= The Son

Thin Lizzy= The Holy Spirit

Amen. Not Crap.


Let's get married.
User avatar
honeyisfunny
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:24 pm
Location: Nottingham, England

Postby nathan. on Wed May 28, 2008 9:48 am

honeyisfunny wrote:
nathan. wrote:My 70's Hard Rock Trinity:

ZZ Top= The Father

AC/DC= The Son

Thin Lizzy= The Holy Spirit

Amen. Not Crap.


Let's get married.


We aren't quite there yet over here. Give us a few years, we'll shape up this nonsense that's been going on, okay?

By the way, this is the only marriage proposal I've ever had (I think). My life has reached a new high. Thanks for that.
nathan.
doctor hook
doctor hook
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: baltimore, md

Postby JMoffitt on Fri May 30, 2008 1:55 pm

Seemingly endless amounts of not crap.

They can mix it up with the all-time greats. Many flavors in the Thin Lizzy rainbow. Passionate music...passionate lyrical delivery...and power.
JMoffitt
frugal gourmet
frugal gourmet
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: Poplar Bluff, MO

Postby a. james on Fri May 30, 2008 4:41 pm

robert thefamilyghost wrote:
that damned fly wrote:there's another hair metal band with a bassplayin' singer, but i forgot who.

W.A.S.P. i think? i don't care enough to check, but it seems like this is true...then again, there may be a whole slew of 'em too...


i think that was the one i was thinkin'.
Marsupialized wrote:I am NOT sorry I yelled. I should have yelled louder.
User avatar
a. james
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 15354
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:42 pm
Location: rva.

Postby Brett Eugene Ralph on Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:24 pm

Currently, my favorite Lizzy jam is "Black Boys on the Corner." What a motherfucker!
User avatar
Brett Eugene Ralph
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:04 am
Location: Western Kentucky

Postby SecondEdition on Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:19 pm

You know...I don't think I've ever knowingly heard one note of Thin Lizzy.

Huh. Weird.

I guess I should get some of their stuff.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

In the someday, what's that sound.


CS. PC. MM.
User avatar
SecondEdition
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 22448
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 8:32 am
Location: Midwest, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: four_oclocker_2, voncorn, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests