not crap
45%
oooh, the pain...
25%

Total votes : 121

Re: Website: okcupid.com

Postby goatlord on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:09 pm

Chromodynamic wrote:
SecondEdition wrote:Shit sucks and I hate it. Online dating is a crock in general.

I would say that modern dating is a crock in general. You cannot show the slightest imperfection or otherwise do anything that would make you seem remotely human; the moment someone gets the impression that a successful dating relationship may actually involve some work/effort, and may not always have your loins aquiver, you will be dumped and the next person in line will be queued up.

Yup, exactly. Dating nowadays is an exercise in absolute soul-shatering reflection on how imperfect you are. I guess that was always like that, but it has been accentuated by all the 2.0 shit. But if your circle of friends and aquantices is closed, it's either this or drunk clubbing boning, and I don't know what's worse for your ego.

And yeah, poor ladies, jesus fucking christ are we dudes a bunch of morons.
YES YES YES YES RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD When in doubt, treat it as a record. Call your Records - Horse_ebooks
goatlord
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby Boombats on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:28 pm

People bemoaning the dating/relationship scene need to bone up on mind control techniques.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby SecondEdition on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:00 pm

goatlord wrote:
Chromodynamic wrote:
SecondEdition wrote:Shit sucks and I hate it. Online dating is a crock in general.

I would say that modern dating is a crock in general. You cannot show the slightest imperfection or otherwise do anything that would make you seem remotely human; the moment someone gets the impression that a successful dating relationship may actually involve some work/effort, and may not always have your loins aquiver, you will be dumped and the next person in line will be queued up.

Yup, exactly. Dating nowadays is an exercise in absolute soul-shatering reflection on how imperfect you are. I guess that was always like that, but it has been accentuated by all the 2.0 shit. But if your circle of friends and aquantices is closed, it's either this or drunk clubbing boning, and I don't know what's worse for your ego.

And yeah, poor ladies, jesus fucking christ are we dudes a bunch of morons.

Jeez, all I was trying to say was that I don't like online dating.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

In the someday, what's that sound.

CS. PC. MM.
SecondEdition
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Madman Munt on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:46 pm

Boombats wrote:People bemoaning the dating/relationship scene need to bone up on mind control techniques.

Or mind on their bone-up control!

I had blast online dating more than a decade ago. I gave OKC a try when it started, total waste of time, no idea if it got better or worse.

I suppose my feeling these days is that the world is full of cool people/women* (just take a look around you) and the internet is full of wankers...

*Remember: women are people too.
Madman Munt
amir vahedi
amir vahedi

Postby Boombats on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:00 pm

Madman Munt wrote:
Boombats wrote:People bemoaning the dating/relationship scene need to bone up on mind control techniques.

Or mind on their bone-up control!

LOL

Madman Munt wrote:I suppose my feeling these days is that the world is full of cool people/women* (just take a look around you) and the internet is full of wankers...

Agreed, the people are out there, the only obstacle is one's own self-doubt.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby El Protoolio on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:19 am

brephophagist wrote:
ErikG wrote:Is there a better alternative to this nowadays for meeting cool people/dating online (not just casual sex)?

I heard good things about Bumble from some straight ladies who are legit catches. The key mechanic is that women have to message first; dudes can't initiate.

Disclaimer: I have not been single-and-looking in over 10 years.

The most depressing app for divorced men over 40.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Boombats on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:15 am

I read that post and tried to figure out how FM bumble figured into this. I mean she is a legit catch but how would other straight ladies know?
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Tommy on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:06 pm

El Protoolio wrote:
brephophagist wrote:
ErikG wrote:Is there a better alternative to this nowadays for meeting cool people/dating online (not just casual sex)?

I heard good things about Bumble from some straight ladies who are legit catches. The key mechanic is that women have to message first; dudes can't initiate.

Disclaimer: I have not been single-and-looking in over 10 years.

The most depressing app for divorced men over 40.

Ha! I bet. Not sure if that one was operating when I was using dating apps 2-3 years ago, but Tinder was the depressing one for me (a year and a half of daily use resulted in 2 first dates). OKC was a goldmine. Happn and Hinge were ineffective.
Tommy
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby zircona1 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:50 pm

I met my current girlfriend on okc, and we've been together over 10 months. So, NC from me.
- "Whatever happened to that album?"
- "I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall, and it like, shattered."
zircona1
carter family
carter family

Postby ErikG on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:45 pm

Thanks for the responses. I reconnected with my most recent ex on my last OkC excursion (we had known each other through a mutual friend many years ago) and we then dated for almost a year, so for that I would have to say NC. My experiences before her were not great but I am (reluctantly) considering giving it another go. Before this turns into a GD loveline thread, I declare that I shall abstain from voting for now and see how things go.

In the meantime, I may make more funny T-shirts, and I'll let you know when my band's new release is out.

Stay super sweet, have a great summer.
ErikG
grover
grover

Postby smud on Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:39 am

I got really drunk the other night and made an incredibly snotty, "fuck you" kind of profile and it's been the most effective one I've ever made. I have a date tomorrow and have chatted up far more people on it than I have before. I don't get it.
smud
lil' ottowa fanny
lil' ottowa fanny

Postby Boombats on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:13 am

Perhaps it gives an impression of confidence, which is often found to be attractive.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby smud on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:04 am

s'probably it. Now explain to me what the fuck a "sex nerd" is and why I keep seeing that written in ladies' profiles
smud
lil' ottowa fanny
lil' ottowa fanny

Postby Boombats on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:33 am

smud wrote:s'probably it. Now explain to me what the fuck a "sex nerd" is and why I keep seeing that written in ladies' profiles

It means being sex-positive, and being educated on the science and art of boning.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Get dog costumes on Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:08 pm

That's an orthopedist
Get dog costumes
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

Postby Madman Munt on Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:19 pm

No, it's Jacques Pepin:

phpBB [media]
Madman Munt
amir vahedi
amir vahedi

Postby jimmy spako on Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:55 pm

A sex nerd is a person that doesn't realise that everybody else has also read some stuff about sex.
Isabelle Gall wrote:'Do not go smoothly into that dark night'
jimmy spako
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Chromodynamic on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:45 pm

jimmy spako wrote:A sex nerd is a person that doesn't realise that everybody else has also read some stuff about sex.

A great aphorism I heard the other day about dating (particularly online profiles): "Some people wave a flag because they're empty vessels"
Chromodynamic
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby ::: on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:17 am

OKCupid is great! I have just had two good dates in two days! No fireworks or anything, but nice guys with no douche-vibes, and pleasant conversations. Age-appropriate dudes too, mind you. Not crap.
Last edited by ::: on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
:::
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

Postby ::: on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:41 am

smud wrote:I got really drunk the other night and made an incredibly snotty, "fuck you" kind of profile and it's been the most effective one I've ever made. I have a date tomorrow and have chatted up far more people on it than I have before. I don't get it.

My profile pic is of me flipping off the camera, and the second line of my self-summary is a joke about genocide, sort of ("slightly to the left of the Khmer Rouge"). My hostility-milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, apparently.
:::
man forced to eat beard
man forced to eat beard

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap