CRAP
60%
NOT CRAP
40%

Total votes : 236

Postby John George Peppers on Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:24 pm

kerble wrote:
John George Peppers wrote:
John George Peppers wrote:My advice to you is to go to a thread that you actually have an opinion on. Or, do you feel as moderator here you have the right to just spew your bullshit around weather your making any sence or not?

kerble wrote:basically, yes. cunt.

Yea, that pretty much makes you a cunt alright

whoah! rookie's been reading up on repartee.

when you learn how to "play the dozens" a bit better, feel free to check back in at the grown ups table.

Grown up table? You must mean computer nerd/lingo table. Na thanks I dont want to be in with the an archivist/moderator crowd. I'll happy pass on that.
John George Peppers
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby alex maiolo on Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:36 pm

Take it to the Handguns Thread!
We redefined vitriol there.

-A
dontfeartheringo wrote:If $100 is too much for you to spend on a microphone maybe you should find a new hobby. People like you seem to like Magic: The Gathering a lot.
alex maiolo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby kenoki on Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:42 pm

John George Peppers wrote:Grown up table? You must mean computer nerd/lingo table. Na thanks I dont want to be in with the an archivist/moderator crowd. I'll happy pass on that.

john george peppers has too much anime to watch anyways.
kenoki
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby kerble on Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:46 pm

kenoki wrote:
John George Peppers wrote:Grown up table? You must mean computer nerd/lingo table. Na thanks I dont want to be in with the an archivist/moderator crowd. I'll happy pass on that.

The two things that crack me up about this John George "spelling champ" Peppers' post are:

1) what exactly is it that I archive? other than wide angle photos of his mom.

2) isn't coming on an internet message board for sound geeks and calling someone a "computer nerd" a little piffling?

keep at it JGP! one day, you too can spell and form sentences correctly.

I believe in you*.

*not really.
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby John George Peppers on Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:57 pm

kerble wrote:keep at it JGP! one day, you too can spell and form sentences correctly.

I believe in you*.

I blevie in u 2 keble and my speling is fine asholle.
John George Peppers

Postby John George Peppers on Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:12 pm

kenoki wrote:

You got that right!
John George Peppers

Postby Isabelle Gall on Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:24 pm

I KILL THREAD OF ARCADE FIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isabelle Gall
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby tommydski on Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:23 pm

JGP. Show some fucking respect.

Your CRAP vote is well registered. Move along.
run joe run wrote:Kerble your enthusiasm
tommydski
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby Marsupialized on Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:33 pm

John George Peppers wrote:
kenoki wrote:

You got that right!

good lord

tommydski wrote:JGP. Show some fucking respect.

respect to who? Kerble?
Ha!
Marsupialized

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby Ishmael on Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:38 pm

marsupialist wrote:I think there are some people who harbor a bit of prejudice against me. I recently noticed that the stance I have taken on a few subjects that have been discussed have not been well met amongst some of the folks around here. I just wanted to see how it felt to post on here one day without someone stepping in and saying 'oh that's just marsupialized, he's a jerk'
Thanks for outing me and ruining my dream, thanks.

God, what a fucking emo cunt Jay Weinbaum is.
You can catch more flies with shit than you can with honey
Ishmael
fran
fran

Postby kenoki on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:12 am

avoided this band like the plague... got this record neon bible... now i am devoted. i mean, devoted. they are basically blowing my mind. they are... um... wow. um... wow. wow.
kenoki
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Ace on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:15 am

my mother heard this band on NPR and now every week i get an email telling her for me to check them out and play them on the radio. It's sweet, really. music your mother would love.

That said I'll never listen to this band ever in a million years.
DrAwkward wrote:Hyperbole. It's a device i enjoy from time to time.
Ace

Postby Marsupialized on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:27 am

kenoki wrote:avoided this band like the plague... got this record neon bible... now i am devoted. i mean, devoted. they are basically blowing my mind. they are... um... wow. um... wow. wow.

I hope this is sarcastic
Marsupialized

Postby kenoki on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:29 am

Marsupialized wrote:
kenoki wrote:avoided this band like the plague... got this record neon bible... now i am devoted. i mean, devoted. they are basically blowing my mind. they are... um... wow. um... wow. wow.

I hope this is sarcastic

how's the cocorosie treating you?
kenoki
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Marsupialized on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:42 am

kenoki wrote:
Marsupialized wrote:

I hope this is sarcastic

how's the cocorosie treating you?

very well, just found a real sweet unreleased live song AND a tape of them practicing right before Noah's Ark with talking and conversations inbetween songs
so awesome
Marsupialized

Postby tommydski on Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:06 am

I heard that new album too. It's genuinely atrocious. Over-produced, under-developed monstrosity. They sound as if they are heading into Springsteen/U2 territory or something.

Avoid at all costs.
run joe run wrote:Kerble your enthusiasm
tommydski
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby John George Peppers on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:15 am

I was at a friends Law School graduation party this afternoon. Friends of friends tried to talk music with me because I'm the "music guy." They are mildly retarded older frat boys who, when not able to talk about sports, don't know how to start a conversation(see example picture below). So, after two minutes they remember I'm the "music guy" and out come their opinions on music. Today was no exception.
I was told that they were going to Ravinia this evening(with wives and girlfriends) to spend an intimate evening listening to the Bodeans. For those of you that don't know, Ravinia is a big park where everyone drinks wine and listens to the performance. Only a handful of people actually can see the band but the whole park is wired and anywhere you sit, you are not far from a speaker. Anyway, I had to hear about that which I internalized without getting visibly upset.

Then they got excited about the new Wilco album and started telling me how it's, "like dude so fucking amazing." Im using "They" because none of these people think on their own and they all have the same opinion.

The final band they had rave reviews for was their "underground" pick, Arcade Fire. I know many of you say Arcade Fire are good people and that's cool. I know many of you here like their live performance and that's cool too. However, this band has been thrown to the lions
Image and it doesn't look like they are coming back. Their sound most likely will get more and more polished as they keep taking these giant steps forward in popularity.

Seriously though, I can get along with everybody and I find myself in lots of different environments throughout the day. However, when the bands you enjoy are the same bands that guys like this.....
Image........ enjoy. It should be a major warning and red flag for you. Just something to think about, that's all.

Take care everyone. Hope you had a good weekend. Enjoy the Sopranos tonight and remember to have your pets spayed and neutered. Good night.
John George Peppers

Postby sunlore on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:09 am

tommydski wrote:I heard that new album too. It's genuinely atrocious. Over-produced, under-developed monstrosity. They sound as if they are heading into Springsteen/U2 territory or something.

I agree 100%.

There is a song on this record (don't ask me which one because I heard it only once) where, in between ripping off the E Street Band and whatnot, they borrow the piano hook from ABBA's "Dancing Queen." I have nothing against borrowing shit from others in general, and quoting ABBA in a musical piece is a potentially funny move, but the way the band goes about it is at once totally humorless and self-important. For sure, you can't just steal from the Gods of Pop and then just leave it like that!

Bah boo.

I still stand by my original claim that the first record had some good, shining pop moments, but this one rockets the band deeply into the CRAP-cosmos.

Overwrought and no fun. Crap.
Last edited by sunlore on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
sunlore

Postby joelb on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:42 am

John George Peppers wrote:when the bands you enjoy are the same bands that guys like this.....
enjoy. It should be a major warning and red flag for you. Just something to think about, that's all.

Hmm, thought about it. And I've decided that this is possibly the most idiotic way to make decisions about what music to listen to.
joelb
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby kenoki on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:51 am

perhaps i would feel differently about this awesome listening experience had i been privy to the knowledge that the arcade fire is considered the shit (rather than just "shit" as half of you seem to think... emphatically). all i knew was that some of my friends and enemies had them listed in the music section of their myspace profiles... so i stayed away. far away.

later... much, much later... i approached this with a completely blank slate--not knowing what they sounded like or if there was a huge amount of hooplah--and was personally very satisfied with the over-production and sound. i also heard the springsteen, u2 and (ahem) roy orbison influences... but in my world it was springsteen at nebraska's best, and u2 in their prime... and there's certainly nothing wrong with orbison.

after listening and deciding this is my favorite thing to listen to for the time being, i did some research and found the cover on time, and all the stuff about david byrne and david bowie being huge fans... and all i could think was that these guys probably deserve it. not because it's the most amazing thing in the universe, but i do see the universal appeal. it's really very good. i have not heard the first album yet. as soon as i am done digesting neon bible i will move backwards in time and see what these pop gems are all about.
kenoki
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap