CRAP
60%
NOT CRAP
40%

Total votes : 236

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP

Postby John George Peppers on Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:43 pm

CRAP! CRAP! CRAP CRAP!
BadComrade wrote:So anyway... The 2 guys in the Arcade Fire that were wearing motorcycle helmets and playing "percussion" (and each others heads)... they deserve a good kick in the nuts as well for trying to be clever. If they were clever, they would have poked the singer with the greasy Crispin Glover hair in the ear a few times with their drum sticks. That might take them off the list for a good crack in the nuts.......... They'd realize that if they were indeed clever. What a couple of jerk offs.

I won't even get in to the "hand socks" the violinist (probably actually a viola, just so she can correct people who say she plays a violin) was wearing. ACTUALLY, I think it was the accordion player that had the hand socks.

(belly laugh. that's dead on and funny shit)

This band is for people who listen to boring music. The indier than thou EMO, hipster, pretentious, bullshit, crowd that relies more on name dropping than having an actual ear for good music. They will stand perfectly still at shows and intensely stare at the band. They WILL NOT sway to the music, show any soul, or a pulse. They will swallow anything Pitchfork sells them as readily as they would swallow another man's semen. These "music aficionados" think that listening to the Arcade Fire makes them interesting. They actually believe that they are listening to a clever band and therefore they too are clever. Then they walk around OUR fair citys in an aloof uptight manner. All the while, spreading their gospel of shit music and converting other like minded retards to their cause. GOD DAMIT!!!! Im so worked up I've gotta go outside and beat the shit out of the first Wilco fan I can find. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!
John George Peppers
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Re: CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP

Postby RSMurphy on Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:25 pm

John George Peppers wrote:This band is for people who listen to boring music. The indier than thou EMO, hipster, pretentious, bullshit, crowd that relies more on name dropping than having an actual ear for good music. They will stand perfectly still at shows and intensely stare at the band. They WILL NOT sway to the music, show any soul, or a pulse. They will swallow anything Pitchfork sells them as readily as they would swallow another mans semen. These "music aficionados" think that listening to the Arcade Fire makes them interesting. They actually believe that they are listening to a clever band and therefore they too are clever. Then they walk around OUR fair citys in an aloof uptight manner. All the while, spreading their gospel of shit music and converting other like minded retards to their cause. GOD DAMIT!!!! Im so worked up I've gotta go outside and beat the shit out of the first Wilco fan I can find. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

Your vitriol is comparable to all the hype surrounding this band.
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby kerble on Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:57 pm

H-GM wrote:
John George Peppers wrote:This band is for people who listen to boring music. The indier than thou EMO, hipster, pretentious, bullshit, crowd that relies more on name dropping than having an actual ear for good music. They will stand perfectly still at shows and intensely stare at the band. They WILL NOT sway to the music, show any soul, or a pulse. They will swallow anything Pitchfork sells them as readily as they would swallow another mans semen. These "music aficionados" think that listening to the Arcade Fire makes them interesting. They actually believe that they are listening to a clever band and therefore they too are clever. Then they walk around OUR fair citys in an aloof uptight manner. All the while, spreading their gospel of shit music and converting other like minded retards to their cause. GOD DAMIT!!!! Im so worked up I've gotta go outside and beat the shit out of the first Wilco fan I can find. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

and your hatred for "scenesters" is just as scene-creating.

besides, when I saw them, everybody was dancing. there were hardly any folks standing still.

and speaking of uptight.....
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby The Code is Almighty on Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:28 pm

John George Peppers wrote:
This band is for people who listen to boring music. The indier than thou EMO, hipster, pretentious, bullshit, crowd that relies more on name dropping than having an actual ear for good music. They will stand perfectly still at shows and intensely stare at the band. They WILL NOT sway to the music, show any soul, or a pulse. They will swallow anything Pitchfork sells them as readily as they would swallow another man's semen. These "music aficionados" think that listening to the Arcade Fire makes them interesting. They actually believe that they are listening to a clever band and therefore they too are clever. Then they walk around OUR fair citys in an aloof uptight manner. All the while, spreading their gospel of shit music and converting other like minded retards to their cause. GOD DAMIT!!!! Im so worked up I've gotta go outside and beat the shit out of the first Wilco fan I can find. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

Your douchebaggery is awe inspiring. I would actually prefer to hang out with the idiots you describe than you.
jimmy two hands wrote:You can tell someone is a Grade-A asshole if the Muppets don't like them.
The Code is Almighty
Capofamiglia

Postby John George Peppers on Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:54 pm

H-GM wrote:

I completely agree with you H-GM. It's comparable because it's a 180 degree counter reaction to all the HYPE. Those of us who recognize this band as complete shit will always be here to deflate the hype. One KEY difference. I never bring them up. However, when Arcade Fire fans and go on and on about the genius of the new album etc.etc.etc.. That's when I exercise my right to tell them I think they are dead wrong.

kerble wrote:besides, when I saw them, everybody was dancing. there were hardly any folks standing still.

Yes you were at the empty bottle show. The same one tipcat says was one of the best. It might have been, I believe you. I sure it was packed with people who actually like music. At that point many of them were curious about this new uber hyped band. I venture to say at least 25% of the people at that show think they are a shit band now. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE BAND NOW!!!! They are a shit band with terrible souless fans. I mean anyone who actually listens to them now who is not openly gay, are well known to be closet homosexuals. :D
John George Peppers

Postby tommydski on Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:06 pm

Right. Everyone knows homosexuals are lesser human beings. I got that.

Thanks for posting.
run joe run wrote:Kerble your enthusiasm
tommydski
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby JDanger on Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:16 pm

Hey man, those Wilco lovin' Homosexuals stole my sleeves!
JDanger
chapman stick
chapman stick

Postby Eierdiebe on Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:25 pm

I like that first album and have enjoyed listening to two or three of its songs repeatedly. Can't comment on the new record. Haven't heard it. Didn't make it all the way through the Gena Rowlands film it got its name from.
Eierdiebe
saw big cat
saw big cat

Postby Marsupialized on Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:49 pm

Ok, I'll settle this.

The Arcade Fire? Hahahahaha

yeah, ok. They are just awesome.

I am sitting here with my pipe and robe, slippers on...soft music in the background and I am pondering a question.

That question is...

what kind of fucking douchebag asshole dickhead pee drinker would you have to be to go see the fucking arcade fire play and fucking enjoy it like a god damn woman.
That bad is for ASSHOLES. They make that perfectly clear by acting like such stupid ASSHOLES and playing such ASSHOLE music.

They might as well call their band The Giant asshole know-nothing pussy douchebag with terrible stupid women attraction unit because that's the only types who would actually hear that pussy ass bullshit garbage and not want to smash their fucking radio to pieces with their bare fucking fists and swallow all the pieces just to make sure it stopped playing that god damn 'music'. I want to punch anyone who has convinced themselves that this band is worthwhile. This band is HORRIBLE. Worse than Wilco.

God just when I think I'm getting thru to you people you pull some bullshit like furiously defend one of the most awful CRAP bands going.
Get your heads out of your fucking asses people, shit like this is the definition of fucking LAME.
Marsupialized

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby John George Peppers on Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:56 pm

Marsupialized wrote:
They might as well call their band The Giant asshole know-nothing pussy douchebag with terrible stupid women attraction unit because that's the only types who would actually hear that pussy ass bullshit garbage and not want to smash their fucking radio to pieces with their bare fucking fists and swallow all the pieces just to make sure it stopped playing that god damn 'music'. I want to punch anyone who has convinced themselves that this band is worthwhile. This band is HORRIBLE. Worse than Wilco.

My point exactly. Even pacifists go into a rage over this nonsense! WAY worse that that Dave Matthews/Greatful Dead hybrid calling itself Wilco.
John George Peppers

Postby Marsupialized on Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:06 pm

John George Peppers wrote:WAY worse that that Dave Matthews/Greatful Dead hybrid calling itself Wilco.

That's being nice at least Dave Matthews wrote some hits
That asshole in Wilco couldn't write a hit record if his life depended on it
That's why they have to 'build indie buzz' by lying to everyone and make up stories about the label not being happy that the shitty grateful dead record is just 'too experimental' and they dropped them because they just wouldnt back down, but oh guess what it was all just a load of horseshit and you assholes fell for it and still belive that stupid story
Marsupialized

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby JC23by5 on Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:22 pm

I never fell for that horseshit Wilco front-story. Took one listen to the Yankee Hotel Jerkoff album and thought..."This is a scam". I stand by that first impression.
JC23by5
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby JC23by5 on Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:30 pm

Oh yeah...the Acade Fire doesn't exactly inspire me to rub one out either.
JC23by5

Postby Minotaur029 on Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:43 am

The Arcade Fire and Wilco...

Two bands that really toe the line between "good" and "annoying."

I understand the "music for douchers" argument. Truly. But when I sit down and seriously listen to some Arcade Fire songs...they're solid pieces of work (note: I know nothing about their latest release [Neon Bible]). I wish they wouldn't dress up like douchers...wish they didn't have that goofy!/fun! nü-indie vibe...ultimately...the Arcade Fire gets little love from me.

Wilco's vibe can be so pretentious...really brings credibility to the overrated argument. It's honestly difficult for me to defend them.

When the "rockin'" Wilco sound lacks the sort of raw, natural power that I want to hear (delving into "dad rock")... it is still often restrained and intelligent. I think that any of their work before Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is almost complete crap...I wonder if anybody here who rips so hard on Wilco has taken the time to get to know A Ghost is Born. That album has a lot of really unique electric guitar work...pretty stuff...lots of great instrumental moments. I have a feeling that the board probably hears a song like "Hummingbird" on Conan O'Brien and immediately (and understandably) gives up on Wilco.

I've always gone back and forth on this band...but any comparisons to the Dead or Dave Matthews are totally unfair.

Wilco is tons smarter than the Arcade Fire. To lump them together would be a mistake.

If you wanna rip on Wilco...it's more fair to compare them to Phish...Umphrey's McGee. When Wilco missteps...it's really ugly and comes off as totally egomaniacal...

I really think I can sympathize with the Wilco hatred. Most of all, after years of being familiar with Wilco...Jeff Tweedy...seems like a total diva...grade A douchebag. No one wants to listen to the poetry/art of a douchebag.
Minotaur029
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Bradley R. Weissenberger on Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:48 am

I just heard the song "Intervention".

You must be kidding.
Bradley R. Weissenberger
King Of All The Taverns

Postby Minotaur029 on Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:25 am

I keep hearing Neon Bible compared to Phil Collins in some context (Genesis? Solo Phil? I forget).

Sounds pretty promising...
Minotaur029

Postby dash-x on Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:35 am

their new single is the biggest load of crap.

they want to be the talking heads.

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP.
dash-x
utility man
utility man

Postby Eierdiebe on Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:46 pm

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if they've gone downhill, made a terrible sophomore album, etc. but, I still like some of the stuff on their first album. Perhaps they blew their wad withthat. I don't know yet. Don't care.

Is the weather nice where you're at? Where are you guys hearing this music from? Tv?
Eierdiebe
saw big cat
saw big cat

Postby tommydski on Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:43 pm

I agree. The first album was decent.

The stuff I heard from the new one doesn't sound great.
run joe run wrote:Kerble your enthusiasm
tommydski
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby stipendlax on Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:22 pm

It all doesn't sound good.

or so I'm told.
stipendlax
yogi berra
yogi berra

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap